+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Chopping Block

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: The Chopping Block

WTH - they're replaying this show tonight. NBC must be desperate for programming.

FORT Fanatic

Apparently no one even cares enough to write about this show any more. I know the host is a world-famous chef, but I find him most annoying. He's like a grumpy bear who just woke up from hibernation.

And having him interviewed in a leather chair like he is Alistair Cooke introducing the latest installment of "Masterpiece Theatre" is so wrong. He should be in the kitchen.

Last night I decided to tune in since I heard it was almost over. I had missed several episodes but didn't really care.

Last night the show took place in the miniscule kitchen of a fancy modern art museum on the east side of Manhattan. The contestants were to view the art and tie their menu selections into it.

The food critic and White proceeded to rake the contestants over the coals because their food selections didn't have a theme (or something). They also complained about skimpy portions. Why didn't the contestants use smaller plates to hide that fact?

I was so bored I turned off halfway through. Maybe I will rerun the tape and maybe not. It's a real yawn of a show.

I didn't like last night's episode as much, either, probably because of the food critic. She seemed way too full of herself. I actually like the Chef, though. I think he gives them some good advice and I like when he actually gets in the kitchen and cooks a dish.
    Overall, I am enjoying this show. Better to watch this chef than that blowhard Gordon Ramsay.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think part of the problem with this show is that its not on consistently. It seemed like there were a few weeks that it didn't show. I actually forgot about it, and suddenly there it was on my tivo again. I have to say though that I really dislike Lisa and Anapoli. Lisa is a witch with a capital B. Talk about being a sore loser. She doesn't deserve to win IMO.

It was interesting watching the finale of this show last night. Of the final two pairs, I think the right choice was made to choose the two sisters. They seem to have so much more going for them than the divorced couple. The wife did well in the kitchen; the husband was less than friendly and efficent in the front of the house, although some of that was due to the wife's idea of serving a shot of sake in a fairly tall slender glass on the appetizer plate, which fell over or off on numerous occasions. Apparently the sisters will be recreating their restaurant which they called "C" here in Los Angeles. Wonder if that will actually ever come about, with the general failure of this show. The MC/chef of this show, for me, was a huge turnoff, always pointing his finger -- which I absoloutely hate when people are talking. It's like lecturing the listener during a conversation. I'd rate this entire show a D-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I agree with everyone's comments that this show pretty much sucked. My husband was interested, which is the only reason we bothered to watch the ending. I was glad the two girls won, at least, because they were sweet and humble. The old lady felt like she deserved it too much. And her husband was a terrible host. I hope the girls really do get a restaurant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456