+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Chopping Block

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: The Chopping Block

I was glad to see Angie go. I didn't think she did any worse running the kitchen than most of the others and her crabcakes are apparently terrific, but that attitude! [Loved Marco's comments bolded above.]

I like all three of the remaining teams, but I think it's going to come down to Lisa and Kelsey.

Dean and Shari have heart and seem to be wonderful people. I think they'd be great at running a restaurant, but Dean's cooking ability isn't there yet. And a lot of his menu choices seem old-fashioned. I liked how Dean acknowledged his teammates' contributions (like wanting to keep Angie's crabcakes on the menu) and the fact that he is such a team player.

Kelsey had the best dish in the challenges in the last two episodes, so the girl can cook. But she seems too unsure of herself to run a restaurant.

Lisa is solid. I have no doubt she could run a restaurant. She hasn't done too well in the last several cooking challenges, but she has the skills to refine them.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Wednesday, April 15th 8/7c - It's going to take more than one win to impress Marco when he challenges the three remaining teams to two services -- breakfast and lunch!

Yikes - that would be tough. I hope Dean is given a line cook.

FORT Fan

Am I the only person on earth who thinks that this show is so much better than Hell's kitchen? I can't stand the constant cursing and yelling that goes on in HK. I also like that we get to see Marco cook short, simple, yet delectable dishes. I don't think we have seen Ramsey cook on the other show. One question: what is the prize for the winning team? Any head chef job somewhere?

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;3412903;
    Am I the only person on earth who thinks that this show is so much better than Hell's kitchen? I can't stand the constant cursing and yelling that goes on in HK. I also like that we get to see Marco cook short, simple, yet delectable dishes. I don't think we have seen Ramsey cook on the other show. One question: what is the prize for the winning team? Any head chef job somewhere?
    The winner gets something like $200,000 or $250,000 to open their own restaurant.

Ramsay cooks a dish every once in a while, but only about once a season, if even that.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Sorry to see Dean and his wife go. They deserved to be in the final two, not the 'cute girls'.

Good news is, Lisa is definitely going to win.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;3412903;
    Am I the only person on earth who thinks that this show is so much better than Hell's kitchen? I can't stand the constant cursing and yelling that goes on in HK. I also like that we get to see Marco cook short, simple, yet delectable dishes.
    Just about any other cooking show is better than HK if you are foodie. Unfortunately Chopping Block doesn't even come close to The Last Restaurant Standing, which it tries to emulate and so the cancelation is not unexpected.

Kip

The final episode is up. If anybody still cares, the winners are
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kelsey and Vanessa

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

BULL****!!!!

If Marco had left Kelsey alone with her original idea of the tapas she would have failed miserably. Clearly he was wrong when he said she listened to him. She was going for anything BUT simplicity.

Lisa, you were the best chef throughout the season. You deserved the win.

Lisa was so bitter and nasty when the lost the challenge before the final. Anapol was trying to put her in check but it didn't work. Then she felt so deserving cause they "paid their dues." Anapol was a terrible waiter. Too bad they lost. They should have won. I'm glad they at least congratulated them this time.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3437168;
    Lisa was so bitter and nasty when the lost the challenge before the final. Anapol was trying to put her in check but it didn't work. Then she felt so deserving cause they "paid their dues." Anapol was a terrible waiter. Too bad they lost. They should have won. I'm glad they at least congratulated them this time.
    Yeah, I was really disappointed in Lisa's behavior in that next-to-last episode. Even if she felt she had done best, it was Marco she should have been upset with, not Kelsey.

The way Anapol treated Marco when he came into the restaurant in the finale, and there wasn't a table for him, made me wonder if Anapol was trying to sabotage Lisa.

I could make a case for either team winning. I think Kelsy won more of the cooking challenges. Lisa was definitely much better at running a kitchen. Vanessa seemed like a stronger team member than Anapol, perhaps because Kelsey really needed someone to push her. Vanessa took the stronger lead in decorating (over Vanessa) and was the one who came up with the gold leaf idea in the next-to-last challenge that gave her the win for the night.

I've been looking for news stories about Kelsey and Vanessa winning, but there's nothing. I would have thought that even though the show was discontinued, their local papers might report on the win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast