+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Island: Dover Court 10/5/02

Sleeping with George W

Long Island: Gorski Lane 10/5/02

Edward's Room

Vern's Room

Two great rooms!

I would love to have Edward's design as my bedroom. I'm partial to olive shades, so I loved the color scheme. The shutters were really nice. The only thing I'm wary of is his tendency to use piping on the walls (second room in a row that he's done that). I'm not getting that idea. But I think this is one of the better adult bedrooms that I've seen on this show.

Vern made the perfect little boy's room! He seems into blue this season, but in this case it really works. I am in awe of how much detail he is able to accomplish in a short time. He's so focused! It was cute when the neighborhood kids "donated" some artwork, and he made it fit right in. (Only thing I'd skip is the tire swing. Why do people put these indoors?) Another "shweet" room by Vern!

I like the colour of Edwards room too.
    I don't like the bed linen and don't think it really suits the room.
    The shutters were a great find. I like the way he incorporated them into the entertainment unti.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought Vern's room was a classic.
    The theme will see the little boy through for years, much better than going for a flavour of the months cartoon character.
    I always advise against that.
    I agree with regard to the tire swing.
    I imagine the parents will put it outside if they have a suitable tree. It's a great little accessory though.
    Another great Vern room.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't like green in general.Personal preferance. The room did look better than it did. The thing Amy helped build was a bit of a monstrosity, with conflicting design details.I do like the shutters though.In general Edward seems to fit in quite nicely.

Verns room was the one we all wanted as a kid.The train was the best! That tire swing looked dangerous for the age of the child, and I hope they relocate it outside where it will only be played with under supervision.

I'm all with you on just about everything for this show Eden.

Loved the greens in Edward's room, green is my favorite color, and black is a mainstay for me so I could have moved right in there and been happy all too easily. I too am worrying about this cording habit he's got with the ceilings, not fond of the idea to begin with...and 2 shows in a row, must we??

If I were a kid I would definitely have been in love with Vern's room!!! Way way cool stuff there even if it seemed a bit older than the little one was, it's definitely a place he'll be able to grow into with ease. I wasn't keen on the swing as well either, nice and all, but please can we keep the swings OUT of the rooms??? Either that or create some type of system like those bouncy horses so that they aren't attached, but can still be enjoyed with some sort of springy set up instead of full swing action.

JR.
    Enygma, you took the words right off off my keyboard, for both rooms. Cool, kind of like a mind-meld.

Again, I missed the show, so I'm going with the before and after pix:

Edwards room: AACCKK, The before was awful!! It does look better, but not my cup of tea.

Verns Room: The before looked like a guest room... not a kids room. I liked the after, but not the blue. Don't know why
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sleeping with George W
    Edward's room has GOT to go down in the TS annals as the fugliest BEFORE room of all time! Two different floral wallpapers and yet another different floral bedspread! Yuck-y. It looked like how I'd envision the grandma's room in Psycho.

It looked like how I'd envision the grandma's room in Psycho

I'd say that is a darned good description
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Personally, I really liked both rooms. The one thing I didn't like about Edward's room was the headboard on the bed. It's the same one that was already there, and I thought it didn't really "fit" with the rest of the room. Other than that, though, I really didn't have any complaints about his room.

I LOVED Vern's room! I don't know that I've ever seen him do a child's room before, and this one was a real treat. A great room for a little boy, and one that (I think) will grow with him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast