+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running in Heels (Style Network)

Running in Heels (Style Network)

Nina Garcia fans who are missing her on Project Runway will like this new series, which follows 3 new interns starting their jobs at Marie Claire magazine, the same week that Nina starts her new position there as Fashion Director.

The show premiered Sunday March 1st at 8PM ET, and epsiodes are rerun throughout the week.

Official site: Running in Heels - mystyle.com

I wasn't thrilled with the first episode, mostly because the whole thing is so obviously manufactured. There have already been stories in the papers saying that the interns were hired to be on the show more than to actually end up with jobs at the magazine. Also, the interns all live together in this huge, incredibly decorated multi-bedroom apartment in Manhattan, while real interns struggle to make the rent for their tiny ratholes, and eat Ramen Noodles to avoid starvation.

I don't know if Nina is in every episode; the editor-in-chief and a few other editors seem to be more of the focus in terms of working directly with the interns. And of course, all 3 girls are catty drama queens who don't get along. One even has a tiny dog like Elle Woods from Legally Blond.

Honestly, I don't care about any of the interns or what happens to them. THey seem like a sitcom that's going on in the middle of a magazine office. I hope things don't get too far off-the-chart silly, and we get to see an actual behind-the-scenes look at what people like Nina do all day.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: Running in Heels (Style Network)

And she carried on a conversation with the dog (Chanel) al la Elle. "Now who would be a great role model....aha... Elle. They already have a blonde...but I can get a dog and carry him every where and talk to him about all the great things he is seeing in NYC just like Elle did when she got to Harvard" **sigh**

I do like the internal workings of Marie Claire...so we will see

ALL the interns are very unlikeable -- some even downright nasty. What a turnoff. Am interested in the workings of the magazine though, so will continue to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3373726;
    Am interested in the workings of the magazine though, so will continue to watch.
    You mean Ugly Betty is not a good representation?

I might check this show out.

What are the names of the interns? I'm trying to remember the one whose name starts with a T and I can't find it.

I like the show all right. It really isn't going anywhere though.
    Visit Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    http://www.sotrfamily.proboards103.com/

After scolding ones cat, one looks into his face and is seized by the ugly suspicion that he understood every word and has filed it away for future reference.~Charlotte Gray

I'm sick with the flu, so needless to say, watching lots of TV. I caught this last night and it was boring. The girl with the bangs rubs me the wrong way. The show is totally unrealistic and they have no concept how lucky they are to have these positions when others are pushing and shoving to get their foot in the door. I get the feeling that they are trying to make this a little like the Devil Wears Prada but these girls have not a drop of personality. They wait until the last minute to do their projects and then wonder why they are bad!! I couldn't get over the big messy typo the girl showed on her page. I couldn't stop laughing. Did she think she was in the 7th grade where she just puts white-out on the page and fixes the letter with a sharpie? I don't think I can see any more of this.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3373893;
    You mean Ugly Betty is not a good representation?

I might check this show out.
    Never saw Ugly Betty. I tend to watch more reality shows now that I think of it.

The one intern who's name start with a T? Taletha or something like that is so negative it really turns me off the show. She also acts so entired and seems as if the job should be given to her simply "because".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I made the mistake of having it on in the background while I was at the computer. Their voices drive me up the wall! They all sound like creaking doors with California accents. It's worse than the women on The Bachelor. One's getting a "wedding druss." Another is, like, "totally strussed ... you know what I mean?" It's linguistic torture.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3398927;
    I made the mistake of having it on in the background while I was at the computer. Their voices drive me up the wall! They all sound like creaking doors with California accents. It's worse than the women on The Bachelor. One's getting a "wedding druss." Another is, like, "totally strussed ... you know what I mean?" It's linguistic torture.

California accents?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast