+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

FORT Newbie

RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Is anybody else watching this show?

RuPaul's Drag Race | Video Clips, Photos, Episode Guide, Cast & More | Logo Online

It's on Logo, and the second episode is airing today (along with a re-run of the first). It's like a combination of ANTM and Project Runway (so far), with Santino as one of the regular judges.

About the show (from Logo's site):

Join RuPaul, the world's most famous drag queen, as the host, mentor and judge for "RuPaul's Drag Race," Logo's new reality series which will be the ultimate in drag queen competitions. The top 9 drag queens in the U.S. will vie for drag stardom as RuPaul, in full glamazon drag, will reign supreme in all judging and eliminations, while the debonair Mr. RuPaul will help guide the contestants as they prepare for each challenge. Contestants include the nation's hottest most glamorous drag queens, including one voted in by you online!

Each week, joining RuPaul on the judges panel, are fashion journalist and best-selling author Merle Ginsberg and Project Runway breakout star and designer Santino Rice, plus a bevy of celebrity guest judges including: Bob Mackie (Designer), Michelle Williams (Destiny's Child), Lucy Lawless (actress), Maria Conchita Alonso (actress/singer), Robin Antin (creator of The Pussycat Dolls), Debra Wilson (Mad TV), Jenny Shimizu (model/actress), Tori Spelling (actress), Dean McDermott (actor), Howard Bragman (Author of "Where's My Fifteen Minutes?") and Frank Gatson (choreographer).

Each cast member must embody the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent that made RuPaul an international drag superstar. The judges will determine the bottom two contestants of the week. Those contestants then compete in a show-stopping battle-royal "lip-synch for your life" performance that will determine if they will "shante" and stay and who will "sashay" away until one is crowned America's next Drag Queen Superstar!

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race

I caught this, thewhisk.

What a fricking riot of a parody. Mz. Paul is on top of her game here (she does a knock out Tim Gunn & Tyra), and the queens seem really fun & bitchy!

At first I thought it might be cringe-worthy, but if the first episode is anything to go by, we're in for a bumpy ride - as Tammy Brown might say.

I was worried this would be off-the-chart bad, but it's actually quite good, and very entertaining! It takes itself seriously as a competition, in its own campy way.

Santino from Project Runway is the Michael Kors of the judges' panel. His comments are both on-point and hilarious. I'm sold!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Santino from Project Runway is the Michael Kors of the judges' panel. His comments are both on-point and hilarious. I'm sold!
    But wouldn't it be funnier if he was the Nina!

I admit I wasn't surprised to see Tammy Brown go. She's got a very tiny niche and wouldn't appeal to many. Besides, that team was a trainwreck. Akashia should be next. She does look too much like a man trying to dress like a woman.

I am just LOVING this show! Drag Queens, Santino Rice!! Love
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

i thought it was a parody of project runaway and antm. I kind of love it. and so over the top

At first I wasn't in love with all the cheesecloth and vaseline on the camera lenses. But now I see it as part of the visual wit of the whole show.

This was a very well-thought-out production.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Channel surfed past this show last night. Huh, what's Santino doing there on the judging panel? How the mighty have fallen. Some of the contestents really look great though.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

LOVE this show. Hardly would call it a fall - its such good fun.

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar

This show was made for me.lol I love Queens and it's nice to see them as men and then as the Queens. RuPaul is a National Treasure. I love it.

I was happy to see Tammy and Akasha go. Akasha always had bad razor bumps. He should just be a guy all the time cause he's a nice looking guy.
    be kind to me, or treat me mean. i'll make the most of it, i'm an extraordinary machine. (Fiona Apple)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast