+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race

I watched the reunion show and Shanel sure has a chip on "her" shoulder! Nina Flowers looks scary with those weird contacts on! I am also glad that Bebe won.

I think Shannel has every right to be bitter & angry. The judges seemed to use different criterion of judging compared to Rebecca. But Shannel looked terrible, I have to admit. I'm wondering with all "her" new jobs - Ring Master for LV Cirque de Soleil & Spokesperson for Chanel - if "she" isn't spreading herself too thin - no pun intended.

I was a little dissappointed with Shannels attitude but I really liked her and thought she should have been in the top three.

Shannel didn't get something very basic that Ru & company were constantly trying to tell him. He describes himself as a "character illusionist" which implies a certain kind of entertainer. The show was looking to crown a drag queen, which is a different thing. It's why the judges ended up telling him over and over that he wasn't performing the challenge he was given.

Shannel probably shouldn't have auditioned in the first place (or at least, they shouldn't have accepted him). He's great at what he does, but it doesn't really apply to a strictly-drag contest. They probably wanted to mix in a higher-profile name like his/hers with the other unknown queens. Maybe next time they will be a little more specific when they audition people, or change the rules so that someone like Shannel could win too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Ru did an interview with TLo and he said that he wanted DQs with different styles to show the world that what it actually means to be a Drag Queen and how the term is mis-associated with transgender people.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3394754;
    Ru did an interview with TLo and he said that he wanted DQs with different styles to show the world that what it actually means to be a Drag Queen and how the term is mis-associated with transgender people.
    Interesting -- maybe he should have told that to Santino and Merle more often. The tone of the judging didn't really reflect this philosophy. Ongina got much criticism for being more "ladyboy" than "queen", and Shannel's juggling and theatrical outfits ended up being a negative rather than a positive. It seemed like only a certain kind of drag queen was going to be able to win the competition, which might explain how Rebecca got so far in the season. Something for them to think about for season 2...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I am re-watching the reunion show and am liking Shannel less. Tammy came off not well either. Am liking her less as well. Those 2 seem the most bitter. Loved Rupauls rant.

Unfortunately Tammy wasn't there long enough for us to get to know her personality, but I did U-Tube some of her vids and I think she's fabulously talented and unique.

Nothing will make me dislike Shannell. I just wish he wouldn't wear so much makeup or those old beehive wigs. They really age her.

Season 2 approaches! The show's Facebook and Twitter accounts have been linking to teases about the new cast, although the official Logo site hasn't been updated yet:

Day 1 Tease

Day 2 Tease

Day 3 Tease
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Teases are done, the Logo website is updated with more info and full cast bios.

Season 2 premieres on Logo in February. Hopefully VH1 will air repeats again for those who don't get the Logo channel.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread