+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race

Part of the talent they are showing is the illusion of being a beautiful woman. A beautiful woman can't make a career of lipsynching! THey also don't have to do it 24/7 the way biological women do - its acting! and lots of women are great at that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But they don't look nearly as good!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Fluff, I don't seem to be getting Drag Race with any kind of regular time slot here, at all--I don't get the regul.ar network that shows it, and apparently it's been randomly shown on VH1. But, if you get VH1 there, check your schedule--it looks lik,e to me there will be a marathon of all the episodes starting at 3 pm Saturday--I'll be watching, as I got in on this show really late.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Does anyone else think that Rebecca looks like he could be Ozzy's brother from Survivor? They have the same pouty face, although I think Rebecca is about a foot taller than Ozzy.

I am dissapointed in the choice for winner. I look at Bebe and all I see is Possessed.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I was happy that Bebe won. I would have been happy if she or Nina won. I do have to say, I don't dislike Rebecca as much as the show's edit wanted me to. But she was a distant third tonight.

I think Bebe can represent in a grand way. And the exposure that Nina got certainly will help her career the same way.

All in all, this was a very good reality show with a very good first season! I hope more seasons will follow soon. I even liked Santino!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I agree MFWalkoff, I would've been happy if either Nina or Bebe won. I just can't stand Rebecca and don't see what is so beautiful about her either. I think Jade is really beautiful, her makeup always looked natrual and not too harsh and caked on like some of the others. When I get back to Vegas I might have to check out one of Shannel's shows. I would love to see Nina perform too.

I caught bits & pieces last night. And while I wasn't a big Bebe fan, she was stunning last night. I wasn't dissappointed, because she is very talented.

Rebecca is soooo distant third, and I couldn't believe when she said the other girls were "old" and then tried to play it off. But I do have to admit that her runway walked definitely got better as the show progressed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What really amazed me about "Rebecca" is that he kept a mustache throughout the competition. Makeup does work it's wonders, doesn't it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, that didn't take long...
    'RuPaul's Drag Race': LOGO greenlights season 2

Mar 25, 2009, 06:34 PM | by Tanner Stransky

LOGO has greenlit a second season of the network's breakout reality hit, RuPaul's Drag Race, which is set to air in early 2010. A mash up of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway, the competition series searches for "America's Next Drag Superstar" and is hosted by renowned drag queen RuPaul. The first installment of the series was the three-year-old network's most successful series launch and drove LOGOonline.com to its highest traffic levels ever.

The first season's finale aired on the ad-supported gay and lesbian network (which is owned by MTV) this past Monday, March 23, and saw Bebe Zahara Benet sashay away with the title. Benet won a headlining spot on the Absolut Pride Tour; a feature photo spread in Paper magazine; a portrait by renowned photographer Greg Gorman for the l.a. Eyeworks legendary designer eyewear campaign; and $20,000. Casting for the second season begins May 1.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread