+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Ben de la Creme is gone instead of Darienne Lake? Really?

This is probably the saddest final 4 in the history of the show. Even Bianca, the runaway favorite, has fatal flaws (boring wardrobe, old lady style and that raccoon makeup).

I feel like the only prize that this season's winner should get is a chance to be in next season's cast. This was one weak season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

There have been a few tragedies thus far this season.

1) Darienne has made it this far. Her runway outfits have been crap for weeks now and she brings nothing to the challenges.
    2) Courtney hasn't had to lip sync for her life. She's kind of like Detox from last season in that I expected her to be a top contender but she's been coasting along as safe for most of the season with a couple of strong showings thrown in. She's been relying on pretty way too much.
    3) Bianca hasn't been called out for the same bland old lady outfits on the runway week after week.

Bianca's been the most consistent but I'd still like to see Adore win because she has that excitement factor for me. Plus, I love her journey from the bottom to the top back to the bottom and back on top. It's been epic.

I agree on all counts -- and that's what makes this season so sad. Adore has the personality to make a "fun" winner for Logo promos and internet clips, but she is in no way a good drag queen, let alone an example for others to follow. I can't believe Ru would crown a winner other than Bianca since her own name is on the line with each crowning. But I can't stand Bianca.

This should be the "lost" season instead of season 1.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I can't believe Ru would crown a winner other than Bianca since her own name is on the line with each crowning.
    I agree. I can't see Courtney winning at all. I could see Adore getting it because she is a judges favorite. But I think it's Bianca's to lose. I like her.
    Kanga likes this.

Totally agree with you, MFW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay for Bianca!

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    Yay for Bianca!

I didn't get to watch the episode, but I will say that I think Ru chose the right winner for this season. That said, I think she does need to work on her makeup because it speaks volumes that Ru looks much younger than Bianca did, and most of it's the makeup.

Is it just me or does it seem like RuPaul doesn't age - in or out of makeup? Still looks lovely and still very talented.

Bianca was the only real choice, the only bona fide, professional drag queen among the finalists.

That whole reunion/finale special has turned into a bloated mess -- Ru needs to spend less time with the jokes on cue cards and spend a few more minutes actually talking up the reasons behind her choices. This was definitely an uneven season.

Here's an interesting interview/makeup session with Bianca & James St. James: (it's long)

James St. James and Bianca Del Rio: Transformations - YouTube
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread