+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Also, I think the judges neglected to give credit for Milk's performance in the musical. They played up the Battle of the Idols gimmick so much that I think everyone ele got ignored. Milk's performance at the end was really touching. Sure he isn't really a singer, but he was disciplined and you could tell he learned from whatever the director told him. He didn't always hit the right notes, but he showed some real technique, and he added just the right amount of heart to cap the show after all that camp and snark.
    petertracy likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Also, I think the judges neglected to give credit for Milk's performance in the musical. They played up the Battle of the Idols gimmick so much that I think everyone ele got ignored. Milk's performance at the end was really touching. Sure he isn't really a singer, but he was disciplined and you could tell he learned from whatever the director told him. He didn't always hit the right notes, but he showed some real technique, and he added just the right amount of heart to cap the show after all that camp and snark.
    I agree. I thought Milk was going to be in the top.

I think Milk's runway look did her in -- it was supposed to be Tony Awards Glamour, and for some strange reason she came out pregnant in a fairly plain dress. I'm not sure what she was thinking with that look.

BTW, RuPaul does a web series on YouTube called "RuPaul Drives..." -- he and a guest drive around and chat (kind of like Seinfeld's show...I wonder who came up with the idea first, lol). The newest episode features director John Waters.

RuPaul Drives - YouTube Search

Anybody still watching? I catch up with it online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watcing like crazy! Bianca and Adore are the clear frontrunners, in fact the season looks like it's Bianca's to lose. But the way that she goes for the other queens' throats so casually leaves me cold. They are giving her nicer edits the past couple of weeks, but I'm not buying it yet. She didn't have to destroy Laganja like that on Untucked, even if she had a point. Plus. her looks are pretty old fashioned, and those raccoon eyes are a sight.

I usually have a clear favorite at this point in the season, but this year, I don't think I do yet. This cast is interesting, but I'm not seeing many superstars in the crowd.
    AmyKay likes this.

I too don't have a clear fave this season...I missed the first part of season, the first ep I saw was Milk leaving. I am honestly surprised Trinity got booted last night, I assumed she would be gone sooner actually. Her attitude was terrible imo but she kills it on the runway at elimination. I didn't stay awake for untucked, hope to catch that sometime this week.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I was surprised that Trinity went as well. I thought Jocelyn Fox would be in the bottom 2 for sure -- neither her talk show nor her outfit worked. Trinity at least had a killer runway look.

I was prepared for Adore to go, because I thought Trinity did slightly better in the lip sync, although they both killed it. But for some reason I'm glad that Adore stayed -- even though she has some major flaws that will probably get her eliminated before the finals, she's really growing on me.

Next week is a wedding-themed challenge and it seems like it might involve more than one runway look. If they have to create their own looks from scratch, Adore will be in trouble from the start.
    AmyKay likes this.

How in the world did Jocelyn Fox not go home? Do you think the editing? Because from what I saw, she was gone. Any thoughts?
    AmyKay likes this.

It was a mystery to me too -- the only thing I can figure is that Georgia remarked that she liked Jocelyn until she asked the abortion question, so maybe the whole interview went better than the portion we saw. But it sure didn't seem much better than Adore's.

+ Reply to Thread