+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Looking forward to it. This show is one of my guilty pleasures.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Adam Lambert and Santino were judges on part 1 of the season six premiere. I hope Adam judges part 2 as well.

Turns out one of the queens, whose name escapes me (of course) made it to top 13 of American Idol. I don't remember him on Idol.

I just love Ru's twist on words. LOL at points.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Same here about Ru's wit -- some of the best moments of each show are the one-liners the judges throw out during the runway presentations.

OK I've seen the premiere about 3 times by now. The show is still great. But these young queens are so bitchy! And unlike the veterans, they seem to stay in character even after the makeup comes off. I felt bad that the first 2 queens to have to lip-sync were the oldest.

The queen who was also on Idol is Adore Delano, better known as Danny Noriega. He made Top 13 in his season, but he said that back then, he looked like "a lesbian Jonas brother." He's really funny, but I don't know how long he will last. He said he didn't bring much wardrobe with him, and he doesn't sew. That's usually fatal.

I like how they split up the first week into 2 groups -- we really got to know the first 7 queens, and the same will happen next week with the other 7. And I LOVE that Ru said she will not be granting immunity for wins anymore -- more shows could learn from that. (*cough Nick Top Chef *cough*)

Adam Lambert was funny, but a little creepy too -- he was truly lusting after one or two of the queens (I love how Ru even called him out on it), and he seems to have a thing about queens looking like real girls.

Good start to another season, can't wait for more! Oh, and this week's lesson? #Don'tWearBacon.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-25-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yeah, I noticed that about Adam. At one point it was suggested "they" get a room.

Ah, Danny Noriega - they showed a photo of him as an Idol contender and the Jonas comment is correct. He was on Season 7 and is 24 now, so he was on David Cook's season and that was seven years ago. He was a baby. Now, as Adore she has a potty mouth, but I kind of like her bursting ingenue. She was the first one in the dressing room - all dressed and ready to go - queening around then realizing she was the first one there. That was funny.

'American Idol' Alum Danny Noriega to Compete on 'RuPaul's Drag Race' (Video)

It was sad to see one of the elders leave first. It was like a good-bye to an era the way she explained the dying art of the New York strut.

It will be interesting to see if any more elders hit the dressing room next week.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-25-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Did anyone notice that Vivacious looks so much like Tiffany "New York" from Flavor of Love?
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Some drag queens are hot.

I remember this male Britney impersonator on AGT a few years ago. He looked better than the real Britney herself.

The other 7 queens made their debut tonight -- overall I'm not completely thrilled with the casting this season. There seem to be several throwaway queens, as we saw tonight. One of them flat-out said he was only there to be on TV. Sigh.

What's up, Ru? Is it really just between Bianca and Ben already? Are any of the others going to show their worth? What was wrong with your radar this time? So many of them are total pills even when out of drag...they are never off-stage, they never stop playing the game. It's a pity Kelly Mantle left first, he was probably the sanest one among them.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I watched a bit of what I think was the second group. The show started with them leaving the runway after the challenge which I thought was strange...anyway, that one youngster who only wants to be noticed...how sad.

I have to tape after the original has aired and couldn't figure out from the guide descriptions where I should start (even with the original) because they were cut into 30 min sections. Strange. I'll try again next week, but from what I saw last night, I think the first group is probably stronger.

It seems like it may be like season 2 when Tyra Sanchez won -- the winner won't necessarily be the best drag queen, but merely the one who played the game the best.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Gia is the most annoying thing this season -- she's all mouth with no brain to back it up. She needs to go yesterday. She felt insulted for being called ignorant during Untucked -- but that's exactly what she is: all surface attitude, and no heart or soul underneath.
    petertracy and snappymilo like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread