+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

dvr is still acting up and I missed the episode where Coco left.

Yesterday it was down to Jinx, Detox, Roxxy and Alaska. And holy sh*t did they gang up on Jinx. Alaska was a little better, but Roxxy and Detox were vicious.
    The runway consisted of 3 looks -all with a candy theme. Sweet 16, executive (ok not sure about the candy with this one!) and candy couture.

First they had to do a silly little song and dance that Jinx absolutely stole.
    Alaska won the runway challenge - her 3 looks were the most cohesive and looked the best.
    Roxxy (god - when did she become such a BITCH!) did a great couture look.
    Detox and Jinx's couture looks were pretty bad and they were up for elimination. But first Ru asked each one who should go home. Jinx chose Detox and everyone else chose Jinx. I agree with Michelle - there was a plan for who was "supposed" to be in the F3.
    Jinx killed the lip synch while Detox did that assinine lip quiver and not much else (she even resorted to pointing to it!). It was hysterical to listen to Roxxy saying that Jinx was in such trouble.
    But in the end, Ru quickly announce Jinx was safe and sent Detox packing, much to everyone else's chagrin. LOLOLOLOLOL
    Shame on Alaska really. She should have stepped up and away from that nasty twosome. It did her no favors.

Still hoping for a Jinx win, but Alaska would be OK. JUST. NOT. ROXXY.
    petertracy likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Haven't watched the whole show in depth yet, but from what snippets I DID catch . . .

Jinkx, bless her heart, has grown on me. And she DID steal the choreographed runway dance. LOVED that.

I was SO glad, during deliberations, when most of the judging panel seemed to be swinging towards 86ing Jinkx, and Michelle pointed out --- RIGHTFULLY SO! --- that while there was truth in what they were saying, her feeling was that the other three basically ganged up as a group/clique and dipped Jinkx in the grease. Which MICHELLE didn't appreciate. She also mentioned the cliqueish deal between the other three earlier, during ANOTHER deliberation session, (IIRC), and frankly, I clearly remember when she cautioned them that having friends was fine, but at the end of the day, they needed to remember that THIS WAS A COMPETITION.

For once, I think, justice reigned on a reality show!

More later when I look at the whole show and "Untucked" properly!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Even though I wanted Roxxxy gone first, I guess it was right that Detox left first. She doesn't have much of an act, or performance chops either.

Hopefully Roxxy will have a complete meltdown during the acting porttions, or filming the music video. She is soooo not America's Next Drag Superstar. She's like Shanel, always having to spout affirmations and looking for validation everywhere -- at least Shanel could juggle!
    petertracy and Gala62 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Roxxxy was BEYOND vicious.

Hope she's out next.

There was just NO justification or excuse for her behavior and mouth.

Having gone through the things that she's gone through in her life, you'd THINK she'd act better.

COME ON JINKX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    petertracy likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I can't believe the BS that the judges were coming up with to say nice things about Roxxxy. She is NOT a fully rounded performer, in fact she's downright awful. Jinkxs and Alaska learned from all those challenges, but at season's end she's still just a bitter, matronly pageant queen. And BTW, that final gown was hideous.

I know many drag queens have come from not-so-great childhoods, but being America's Next Drag Superstar has to have worked through those issues and risen above them. Roxxxy is still an exposed nerve and has a lot more work to do on himself. I'll be happy with either Jinkxs or Alaska winning. If Roxxxy wins, it's a complete waste of a season.

Roxxy so can not win. Like someone mentioned already, where did bitchy Roxxy come from? I can take either Jinx or Alaska for the win but I want my Jinxy to edge Alaska out.

I guess there's plenty of time to vote online for the winner, since next week is the recap show and the finale isn't for 2 weeks...also it's kind of silly since Ru decides the winner anyway. But I guess it's good that he knows when there's a potential winner that the world would completely reject, like Phi Phi, or Roxxxy to look at the FB comments this week...

Tweet your choice to @RuPaulsDragRace, using hashtag #DragRace

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/rupaulsdragrace

Also vote at:

Instagram.com/rupaulsdragrace
    Pinterest.com/logotv
    logotv.tumblr.com
    worldofwonder.com
    getglue.com/rupaulsdragrace

We have a new winner! Congrats to Jinkx Monsoon!

I would have been happy is Alaska won as well, but I think it was a runaway win for Jinkx, if Facebook comments are any indicator. For Roxxxy, it was all about damage control and nothing else.

Miss Congeniality went to Iveeeeeeeeeeeee Winterrrrrrrrrrrrrrs! (No surprises there)

This was a good season. It started out with too many fishy queens, but once most of them were rooted out it became a real competition with lots of 'drama'. They've already started casting for season 6 -- I wonder what kind of show Ru will do in the fall to fill the gap between now and January? Another Drag U? Another All-Stars? Something new?

Happy Jinkx won. She worked hard and fought till the end.

Guess we'll see what's next.

Wow - Roxxy must have gotten a TON of backlash from the show. She was subdued and apologized again (like anyone believed it at that point!).
    Jinkx was the absolute correct choice - sure her fashion styling needs some fine tuning, but my god that queen has stage presence.

I'm also very happy for Ivy - she is such a sweetie.

Really cool to see all the previous winners. Tyra Sanchez still looks like a frozen lump (but gorgeous - gotta give her that), and my Raja....wowza! Was that an Indian costume? I wanted more camera time to really look at it, because you know with Raja, it had all kinds of interesting detail.

Also loved the back & forth with Santino and Michelle from the audience. Nice to see them both relaxed and the queens (esp Detox) giving them some sass.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread