+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

I really like Jinkx. I have a soft spot for her in my heart. I doubt she will win, but I'm rooting for her.

Coco needs to go. I'm now tired of her and I don't think she's really standing out much.

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

I DEFINITELY would've preferred it if Ivy'd stayed over Alyssa. But I think that Ivy made a HUGE mistake in that when she did the Lip Synch for Your Life against Alyssa, she went WAY TOO SUBTLE with what she did. Alyssa PROVED during the Swan dance and when she battled against Roxxxy in the Lip Synch that as for putting it out there --- ESPECIALLY when there's a fire under her ass --- like her or not (and I DON'T!), she is a force to be reckoned with.

Don't think she'll make it to F1, but she pumps up the volume when she needs to or has to, so there's always a chance.

Coco really got on my last good nerve this week. I think it was horrendous, unnecessary and downright mean how she attacked Jinkx. Actually, I don't like Aubrey, either, but based on what I saw, her points --- as well as the other judges' --- about what went sideways with Coco's performances this week ((challenge and runway) WERE valid. I mean, come on. I've never performed like they have to, and even I, MYSELF, would've had enough sense to NOT put a leopard (?) outfit against a leopard backdrop. Or, even if I DIDN'T, when something was brought up about that in rehearsal by Michelle and/or Aubrey about using a leopard jumpsuit against a leopard background . . . Well, damned if I wouldn't've figured out a completely NEW outfit, or done SOMETHING to have changed that costume to where the leopard-on-leopard wasn't overkill. And the NAME? Ru questioned her about it at the walkthrough, then, she had to repeat it a COUPLE of times (I believe) in rehearsal with M and A. Realistically, a light should've gone off over her head, THEN, about that name.

And the Pit Crew guy wearing the lion head?

Please.

Coco got read this week?

Well, so be it. SHE opened the door, and they ran right the hell on through it. It was jealousy and sour grapes for her to have gone after Jinkx, and she checked her brain at the door when she walked in the lounge and started going off on Jinkx like a $2 hooker on a $50 trick.

The ONLY basic consideration I might give Coco at this point, is that she's one of the older ladies, it's REALLY getting down to the wire, she's NOT thinking and/or using common sense and/or 20/20 hindsight, and she pretty much checked her brain at the door on THIS one.

The above reasons are NO excuse for how she TRIED to unload on Jinkx. I'm TRYING to give her a fair shake, because I don't know of ANYBODY that doesn't behave like a rat's ass to an undeserving person at some time or another.

Lord knows, that INCLUDES me.

If it happens again, though, I'm TOTALLY done with her. She's under the same pressures and strictures as everyone else. Deal with it and keep it movin', I say.

As for Jinkx . . . I've grown to like her.

I'm GLAD she didn't just roll over and let Coco disrespect her and dump her anger at HERSELF off on Jinkx. GOOD FOR JINKX! Do I think she'll win? No. But she's gained my respect.

She's got balls!

And I DID like HER outfit!

Coco's?

Not so much.

I'll miss Ivy. I would LOVE to say I think she got screwed in the Lip Synch. But I can't, because that's not how I saw it.

I hope to HELL Alyssa is out of there soon, though!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Well - FINALLLLLLLY! Alyssa is gone! yippee! She got called out on her reliance on Lip Synch to save her. Coco was going make SURE that didn't happen again!

Jinx did a great job this week - her runway look was very risky - Day of the Dead I think? But she managed to make it look pretty. Her telenovella acting was hands down the best. I think I'm liking her for the F3 - maybe even the win?
    Who else is there? Roxxy did better this week and looked SO much better with the dark hair and lighter makeup.
    Detox is annoying the crap out of me and I don't think she looks very good on the runway.
    Coco needs to go - but she does glam up nicely.
    Alaska is funny - definitely. But the runway? not so much.

I'm liking Jinx, Roxxy and either Alaska or Detox.

Had to laugh over Coco stressing about this being another team challenge. Honey - you stunk up at least one individual (perfume), you're better off hiding in the crowd!
    petertracy likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Gala . . .

THE GODS OF DRAG HEARD OUR HEARTFELT CRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO excited, too, when Alyssa's ass was bounced out of there. And I was even MORE gleeful that she went at Coco's hands!! TALK about poetic justice!

Thing about it is, though, with Alyssa no longer there to serve as a lightning rod for Coco, I wonder just HOW long it's gonna take for Coco to be gone? I used to like her a lot, but she's become so bitter and mean-spirited, that she's no longer fun to have around.

And ITA with you about her perfume ad performance. I'm SMH. It is STILL beyond me that somebody would have to say to her --- not ONCE, but at LEAST twice! --- that the leopard catsuit against the leopard background was questionable, at best. I mean, WHO WOULDN'T GET THAT AND HAVE TO BE TOLD IT??

Coco has really turned out to be not quite as smart as I first thought she was, BUT . . .

I SURE AM GLAD SHE HANDLED ALYSSA'S ASS RIGHT OUT THAT DOOR, THOUGH!

I really like Roxxxy, too, but I NEVER liked her look, in terms of the dark makeup and the blonde/red hair. She DID look prettier with darker hair and lighter makeup.

Couldn't STAND Jinkx' "Day of the Dead" runway look, but the makeup WAS applied beautifully, and actually WAS pretty --- in its "Day of the Dead" way --- after it was applied. And all things considered, I would rather have Jinkx around ANY day, over Alyssa, so it's all good!

My faves, too are Jinkx, Roxxxy and Alaska or Detox, with Alaska having a slight edge, right at this second.

I'll be checking it out, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gala62 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Happy to see Alyssa kicked to the curb. Just too strange for color TV.

For me it's down to Jinkx and Alaska, and the rest are merely "who's going next". I'm not as fond of Roxxxy -- she reminds me of Shanel from season 1 & All-Stars. No sense of humor. And Detox just isn't as interesting as the others (not to mention, I find the immense amount of work she's had done to be disturbing). I don't mind Coco as much as most people, even if she does have a big mouth. Don't most drag queens?
    ness and Gala62 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I was trying to remember who's won in the past to try and guess what Ru might be looking for this time around.
    After checking online for names (sheesh my memory is getting bad! lol)

S1 - Bebe Zahara - exotic, international
    S2 - Tyra Sanchez - pageant (ugh, don't get me started!)
    S3 - Raja - runway, couture
    S3 - Sharon Needles - punk, edgy

So what is Ru looking for this time around?
    I'm guessing comedic. Someone who can bring the funny, can act, and also looks good on the runway.
    Winner? Jinx! with Alaska as runner up.

One other note - one of the funniest (albeit unintentionally) bits was Alyssa's attempts to act out an orgasm. You could just see it in her face - "I'll just lip synch my way out of this mess". Wrong!
    ness likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

So happy Alyssa is gone!

Really like Jinx.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Alyssa leaving was utter BULL. Coco's lip sync was standing there waving her arms. Granted, she nailed the words, but other than that she was CLEARLY outperformed. Based on the challenge, Alyssa did poorly. But if they would solely base the elimination on the LIP SYNC, Alyssa GAVE IT, HUNTY.

Alyssa was BY FAR, the most unintentionally funny character the show has had in five seasons. Her ridiculous behavior was hilarious...on top of her being so aloof to everything lol

I will truly miss her. Although my top 3 has remained Jinkx, Alaska, and Detox for a long time now....GET COCO AND ROXXXY OUUUTTTT

edit: After browsing through this forum's opinions....ew. lmao sorry people but the Coco over Alyssa stuff? No way! Coco is a bitter betty who needs to complain just about EVERYTHING.

I think we are all on the same page with Jinkx and Alaska though.

I don't think too many of us like Coco AT ALL (at least not any more). But speaking for myself only...I grew very, very tired of Alyssa's dependence on lip synching for the save. Absolutely she was better at it - but she was phoning in the rest of the challenges (god, that fake, clueless orgasm still kills me!). Finally Ru got sick of those shenanigans and booted her out. Hopefully Coco will be right out the door behind her!

I'll admit that I didn't notice how insufferable Coco could be until later in the season. But I'd still prefer her over Alyssa, because fake-war aside, I was on to Alyssa's act from week 1. Mainly that she didn't have one, only a cliched reality TV agenda. "Not here to make friends" should set off alarms on any show that the contestant is doomed, no matter how many corpses they leave in their trail.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread