+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

And what's up with Alyssa's mouth? Are her teeth too big? Does she have too many? I hate how she talks. Ugh!

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

My cable program listing said tonight was going to be a clip show, but it was a regular new episode, with a new Untucked.

It was a singing challenge, with the queens getting together with Ru in a studio to perform a take-off on We Are The World. Ivy and Jinkx are the only real singers in the bunch, and Ivy won due to her great runway look on top of her great vocals.

Ru and Michelle called out a lot of the other queens on what they are lacking/need to work on to get back in the game. Alaska had a breakdown in the lounge after being told she needs to show more heart and less schtick. Jade and Coco (again) had to lip sync, and Jade went home.

I was happy with Jade going, because I think all the "ultra-fishy" queens need to get the boot. If you want to play transgender, that's great, but that's different from being a drag queen. I was horrified tonight when Roxxy rattled off the long list of places on her body that she's had work done (basically everywhere, including a fake six-pack and silicon upper-body muscles). Doing all that doesn't make you a better queen, it just means you have severe body image issues and you need help. It was the one hesitation I had with Chad Michaels, because she seemed to be the most over-sculpted queen on the show before Roxxy came along. Chad's got nuthin' on Roxxy, and I don't think Roxxy should coast to the finals on her looks.

Coco & Alyssa. Sigh. I'm so tried of both of them. Alyssa even had a really emotional moment when her father sent her a video message trying to patch things up. I felt for her, but she's still a cold, calculating bitch to the others, and she still flat-out lies to us in her interviews. And Coco is just walking in circles from the constant battering she's taking from Alyssa and the others. It's just tedious to watch at this point.

Loved seeing the Pointer Sisters at judges table. La Toya was there too (for the 17th time), since she and the Pointers sang on the real We Are The World record.

Looks like they're doing standup comedy next week. I can see half of them sashaying away after that...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-05-2013 at 04:44 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I would LOVE it if Alyssa were out next.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Alyssa and Roxxxy are lip-syncing for their lives! This could be win-win for me whoever goes home!

They did both kill it, though. But Roxxxy decided to have a complete mental breakdown before the ruling. He started going on about his issues with his mom and his childhood. Ru had to comfort her and talk her off the ledge.

Damn! Her breakdown probably saved her, Ru said they both stay (which balances the numbers from when she sent 2 queens home a few weeks ago, so Ru was probably looking for an excuse).

We'll have to see what kinds of fights went on in the lounge on Untucked to see what made Roxxxy crack.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

So apparently, when he was little, Roxxy's mother left him and his siblings at a bus station. Forever. That's rough.

Both lip synchs were indeed fierce, so I guess they both deserved to stay another week -- even if there's no way either Roxxy or Alyssa are going to win this season. I just hope this doesn't end up ruining someone else's chance later on.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

What a sad story about Roxxy. Poor thing. That really made me sad. Jinxx shared a touching story too.

Roxxy and Alyssa really served it up on their lip syncs. Whew! I wasn't sure how they were gonna choose who'd stay and go.

Ru looked fierce in that green. Loved the look from head to toe. Also, I love his little comments in the Untucked intro. I can watch them over and over.

My dvr isn't catching this show correctly for some reason - argh!
    I saw part of one episode - Ivy is gone now? before Alyssa? Hard to believe Ivy messed up that bad.
    Is there another episode I'm missing after that one? This is killing me - I'm trying to find repeats on Logo, but no luck so far.
    thanks for any updates!!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Ivy (unfortuantely) is the latest one to sashay away. The last challenge was for the queens to design a fragrance and film a commercial for it. Alaska went for the funny, and finally won her first challenge! (Now everyone who is left has won at least once.) Alyssa and Ivy both bombed, but unfortunately Alyssa's one actual talent is lip-syncing, so she's going to keep landing in the bottom and then beating out more popular queens, week after week. Sigh.

The Untucked was interesting -- I've been a Coco defender in the whole Coco vs. Alyssa drama, but Coco went over a cliff this week in the lounge. She unleashed on poor Jinkx yet again for daring to answer a question that was asked of her. I can't stand Alyssa, but this week I discovered that I'm not that fond of Coco either, and I can't wait for both of them to go.

Also I'll miss Ivy's cute boyface. I prefered looking at him out of drag!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I had the same problem with my DVR Gala - it was just blank.

Sad to hear about Coco - I was a fan too. I can't stand Alyssa too - and out of drag he looks weird.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Sad to hear about Coco - I was a fan too. I can't stand Alyssa too - and out of drag he looks weird.
    ITA - in drag, she's a NJ Housewife character and looks decent, but out of makeup - YIKES!

Ivy? Just the opposite. Although I loved her personality, her drag never seemed very good to me - rather hard and unattractive. But au naturel? Cute as a button
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread