+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

I'm okay with Chad Michaels. She's certainly a better representative than the last 3 winners.

Also, what is it with RuPaul and deep manly voices? This is the fourth winner in a row...does Ru have a fetish or something?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I guess women (drag and real women) with a deep sultry growl are rare now. Good examples of this type of voice are the late Julie London (Dixie on "Emergency!") and Amanda Blake (Miss Kitty on "Bonanza") - though both I think smoked cigarettes which does cause this. It is especially true in the few drag queen shows I've seen - most speak falsetto.

Or maybe too it's because Paul uses his same voice when he's dressed as RuPaul. (BTW - I use both variations based on if he's in drag or not more to keep it straight in my head).

From what I read, Chad Michaels was very good last season but was gyped so I'm glad he won. I would've liked to have seen JuJu win out of the final three and wish that Pandora Boxx wasn't paired up with Mimi in the teams (let alone have teams to begin with but oh well) so she had a fairer shot of being the winner.

I wonder if the fan vote had anything to do with the final results. They never mentioned anything about this during the last episode.
    I still was hoping for a JuJuBee win though .

Trailer and cast bios for season 5 already up:

‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Season 5 Trailer | NewNowNext

I'm REALLY glad Chad won, as I've always felt he got robbed during his season (even though I GLADLY took Sharon over FiFi!).

If/when Ru does another All Stars, I hope to heaven there are NO MORE TEAMS!

Shoot, I feel WE got robbed, with THAT twist!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

The new season starts this Monday, but the season premiere is available online now at the Drag Race Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/logo?v=app_...3850063&rest=1

RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Yay!!

I'm the first one to comment on the season 5 premiere? Ok then.

What is up with Alyssa and rainbow brite!? They are both nasty [choice words I won't be uttering here]. Seriously, they way they grilled some of the others was just vicious. What the hell was up with Alyssa machine gunning questions to Alaska, and then when she answers and diffuses this question, she comes back with "So now Sharon is the superstar in the relationship" It's like I could hear an invisible ",bitch!" at the end of the sentence. She was just trolling for drama! And about losing her crown, Wikipedia says "Alyssa had his title revoked due to scheduling conflicts with previous engagements and his Miss Gay America duties. The title was passed to the 2010 First Alternate, Coco Montrese, who was crowned in a special ceremony at The Grey Fox Nightclub in St. Louis, MO." I bet there is more to it than that. I don't trust her.

Same thing with that bottom 3'er I will refer to as rainbow brite. Seriously - more machine gunning, this time on Jade in the "untucked" segment. This was nothing but an attempt at boosting her ego by exposing Jade's flaws even further. I don't even know where it came from either. Rainbow just had this look in her eye of almost anger. I don't mind if there's a duel, but you shouldn't go randomly trying to knock people down (especially when you yourself is on the chopping block). Her outfit was a mess too.

I gotta say though, that was a pretty rough lipsync for your life. Jade... wow, that was painful to watch. The faces she was making and the bad acting, it was over the top in a bad way. I couldn't watch it. And then Penny Tration, forgetting the lyrics and not doing much on stage, it was destined she was going home. At least Jade put all her energy out.

I don't even know what to feel about Alaska. I loved the pre-show segment I saw about her, and I really didn't mind the crazy horse thing, but besides that, I feel she is channeling the same thing Sharon Needles would but more recklessly. And I also feel that she only made the show due to association and the producers wanting to mix it up. She auditioned all the precvious times and nothing. NOW, right after her boyfriend wins, she makes the next season? This is too "coincidential". I don't blame the producers or Alaska, but lets be realistic here.

RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

This season is going to be a doozy. There's already a lot if cattiness going on.

I can't wait to get more tea on the Miss Gay story. What really happened? I'm sure it'll come out sooner or later.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, this is just starting on VH-1 tonight? Please say "Yes!" This show is fun!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread