+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo)

Willam gave an interview to EW and was still coy about what the actual rulebreaking was:

'RuPaul's Drag Race': Disqualified contestant speaks out | PopWatch | EW.com

Sounds like they are teasing it until the Reunion episode at the end of the season. But they threw a bunch of hints by showing Willam throw up, and his looking quiet and shaky in the workroom, and that close-up on his hand shaking in the Illusions Lounge during Untucked -- my guess is that he went AWOL and partied somewhere without the show's knowledge, or maybe was stashing alcohol/drugs in his room (if that's against the rules, who knows with this show)...

But they are definitely trying to save the details for the reunion. That was the most staged/manipulated Untucked I've ever seen. Obviously they were told they couldn't talk specifics on camera, because everyone chose their words very carefully, and it was edited weird, where nobody talked about Willam at first, and then suddenly in the second half, everyone knew he broke rules and was talking about it (yet it was still before the lip-synch). I didn't appreciate the blatant fakery this week, this show hasn't had that kind of reputation before now.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I haven't been able to see this season's Drag Race (VH1 was the only way for me to get it and I haven't been on a computer recently to watch the vids), but I have to say in defense of RuPaul, there is possibly a serious issue that has happened that had William DQ'd and it's legality of it is so serious - and possibly criminal - that it can't be shown yet until the legalities of it are settled. Reason? - fear of potential libel/slander if say (an example only, speculation not fact) the hand shaking and the pallor were indeed medical conditions (and there are a few) and not say drug/alcohol related.

I don't think RuPaul is the type of person who would hide secrets about the show and why people were DQ'd unless there was no choice. She's been through a lot in her personal life that I don't think she'd risk ruining her career to just up and hide something - unlike the Tyra Banks decision on "All-Stars."

Two rumors I've read at other sites:
    • Willam kept a laptop or cellphone during production, which is against the rules
    • He snuck out late one night to do dubbing for another project
    Guess we won't know for sure until the reunion. I just hope Latrice or Sharon wins the season. Dida just isn't good enough, and Phi Phi is a sour, mean little troll. But Ru does like picking glamour queens, so who knows.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I was actually starting to like Willam over the last couple of weeks, sad to see him go because I know if he hadn't been DQ'd Phi Phi would have been tossed out on her butt this week.

I am hoping Phi Phi and Dida are the next two out. I actually like Dida but she really isn't one the same level as Sharon, Latrice and Chad - they are the true professionals imo. And Phi Phi is just ugh, so over her!

I'm wondering if he was DQ'd for plugging designer this and designer that. I know it's a stretch...... But I am so ticked I sat through Untucked and STILL don't know!

I think she was auditioning for other projects ....why the vomiting? No one knows.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Bye bye Dida Ritz -- it was time, she wasn't going to win.

So Ru is doing the whole "bring one of the eliminated queens back" gimmick again. Interesting how she included Willam in the list of eligible queens. Is she really eligible to come back? I guess rule-breaking isn't that big a thing with Ru after all...

I'd love to see Willam come back, just because it would make Phi Phi crazy. I can't stand her...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Phi Phi is a beautiful woman, but a sorry excuse for a human being.

Frankly, I'm glad Willam's gone. By his own admission, he was a "$***-stirrer". Me no likey that. And, quite frankly, I got more than a little tired of the credit-and-name dropping. I almost peed my pants laughing when he said on the stage to the judges that something he was wearing was "Ver-SACE", NOT "Ver-SA-che" (the correct pronunciation).

I mean, if you're going to do all that damn name-dropping to try to impress the people around you, the LEAST you could do is make sure that when you drop a name, you say that name correctly.

Idiot.

I like Latrice and Chad, and Sharon is growing on me. Far as Latrice goes, I do wish she would adjust her foundation color so that her face doesn't appear to have an at least two-to-three shades lighter difference from her neck and chest skin. Other than that, I really, really like her. She's very comfortable in her skin, and proud, and I like that! She's also a straight shooter that doesn't suffer fools gladly, and I REALLY like that! When she talks about being in jail and losing her mother during that time, but getting through that and continuing to go forward, my heart swells with pride for her. The runway bra-strap fiasco was NOT pretty. And I liked how she handled Santino about his Great Dress Diss; with class and style.

Love Chad. Just LOVE her. A true artist, I. I feel it's kind of sad that after being in the business 20-some (I think!), years, she's still uncomfortable enough to have to say/wonder before every runway (and in the lounges while they wait) that she thinks she might be the one going home. She's too good an artist and truly doesn't seem to realize just how good she is. But then again, this is a serious competition situation that (I believe) she's never been in before, which is headed up by true drag royalty, so she does deserve at least a nominal pass for that. Loved the short blonde wig and black outfit with stiletto-heeled (Of COURSE!) boots that she sported after the judges' critique that she should be more "edgy" (or something to that effect). Loved her emerald-green-and-white "Republican lady" Inaugural ball outfit. And when she did Cher during The Snatch Game. I was howling with laughter.

Sharon IS growing on me. The comments she made about her what her early life was like really touched and moved me. I understand that she has her particular form of drag that she's comfortable with, but this IS a competition, and it can't hurt her to try to move out of her comfort zone for a possible 100K payday. I understand her reluctance, though.

Phi Phi? She can do two things for me right now: Drop. And DIE. I haven't really cared for her throughout the whole show, but she really put herself in the freezer with me when she made that "The Help" crack during "Frock the Boat". Then turned around and tried to defend what she'd done later on when everybody in the lounge put her on blast about it. Then blew them off when she couldn't argue them down about saying how they were feeling about what she'd said and done. I'm GLAD Michelle called her ass out on the stage about that, and I sincerely hope she's the next to go.

Dida? It was time. She was in over her head, but, kudos to her for having been able to stick around far longer than she should've been able to, given the fact that she was so very young in the business. Sorry to see her go, though. Loved it when she got the video message from her parents, and I'd like to see a whole lot more of her, as she matures in her life and in her drag.

Ooops . . .

Just a few random thoughts.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

hmmm...this is the first season I truly can't see an obvious winner. I actually thought Willam was going to be it. There hasn't been a white, mainstream type of winner yet and I thought Willam was it. Unless Ru brings her back ...hmmm. You can see the Absolut guy does NOT like Sharon (and they're a big sponsor of this). Chad needs more confidence quick. Latrice has the confidence but lets the small stuff trip her up. Phi Phi? Please. Not after that debate debacle!

I'd actually like to see Kendra come back. I thought that dismissal sequence was messed up. Milan, Jiggly (and Phi Phi!) should've gone home long before Kendra. But is it fair for her to come back now and jump in, having missed so many of the difficult challenges? And don't the ones who come back usually go home right away? Kind of a dumb gimmick.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    hmmm...this is the first season I truly can't see an obvious winner. I actually thought Willam was going to be it. There hasn't been a white, mainstream type of winner yet and I thought Willam was it. Unless Ru brings her back ...hmmm. You can see the Absolut guy does NOT like Sharon (and they're a big sponsor of this). Chad needs more confidence quick. Latrice has the confidence but lets the small stuff trip her up. Phi Phi? Please. Not after that debate debacle!

I'd actually like to see Kendra come back. I thought that dismissal sequence was messed up. Milan, Jiggly (and Phi Phi!) should've gone home long before Kendra. But is it fair for her to come back now and jump in, having missed so many of the difficult challenges? And don't the ones who come back usually go home right away? Kind of a dumb gimmick.
    If Ru disqualified someone, I don't think she'd stoop to bringing them back unless it is to immediately throw them out again. She is far too classy - as is her alter ego Paul - to stoop to that level. I think it will be one of the earlier ones before him as they lost out to someone who obviously was in violation of the rules (possibly gaining advantages).

+ Reply to Thread