+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo-VH1)

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    That is the character. Raja is a model. That's why she wants to be even thinner than she already is. It is sort of the opposite of all the fat queens wanting more food.
    Oh... OK, my apologies. I just am glad that it's not a sincere comment as Raja is trim enough as it is. If she really did lose more weight I'd start to worry.

(I should note too that IRL I actually did have a period where I was starving myself - unknowingly, but long story, and was thinner than I needed to be. It always concerns me when I hear comments like that from anyone. )

Did anyone watch the show this week? They had Jujubee !, Raven, and Tyra Sanchez on.

Did Tyra have some plastic surgery done? Her face looks way different, I had no idea who she was until Ru said her name. Juju looked fabulous as usual .

hi all, took a long break from posting (even longer story!)

I just watched the recap show and omg...Tyra DOES look different...she's had something done. Plus, could she be any more wooden?! I never liked her as the winner - Jujube would've been fabulous! No surprise, Raven's still a bee-yotch (love her!).

I, too, wish Yara had held it together. She was a lock for F3 until her meltdown. Alexis is beautiful but the fashion is awkward at times. If I remember correctly, wasn't it mentioned that she gained some weight and has problems dealing with it? My guess is she's still padding like she's thin and it's too much.

I'd be happy with either Manila or Raja. Yeah, Raja's something of a bitch, but man!! she can turn it out. And wouldn't it be nice to have an articulate winner?! Manila is a little kookier but her fashion is still awesome; she knows her body and the look she's going for. So either Manila or Raja for the win.

I'm hoping Yara gets Fan Favorite - that would be an excellent consolation prize.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I'm thinking from watching the recap (though I missed the bit with Raven, JuJu and Tyra), that it may be Raja and Alexis as the final two. The way Ru twisted the words for both lean more toward them being in the final two.

All three are rather deserving IMHO over Tyra from last season. All three have some sort of personality (even Raja, who acts a bit like a bitch) all have proper costume designs (though as mentioned above Alexis does have problems with padding), and all three can be funny in their own way (Raja is drier than the other two).

Fan favorite I do think will go to Yara if not one of the final three. There really isn't anyone else save probably Delta Work who I really liked out of the ones who have left the show already who I'd want to see win.

Tyra looked awful in the recap episode -- even with collagen lips, she looked like a man in a dress. I'm still scratching my head as to how she ended up winning. JuJu and Raven were hilarious as usual.

At this point I won't pitch a fit if Raja wins. I still don't want her to win, but I can see how Ru would go that way given the first two winners, so I might as well brace for impact.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I follow Tyra on facebook. She is a great queen. I wasn't too impressed with her this week though. But she was never known for having an awesome personality. She was a runway queen. Juju looks a lot better than she did when she was on the show. I thought her makeup looked horrible back then but she looked refined this week! I was happy for her. If season 2 could be done over right now, she would give Tyra a run for her money.
    I still feel like Manila will win. The judges have rarely said anything negative about her and I think that means they really love her. Raja may be the best, but the oldest queens never win. And Alexis is clearly the worst of the group. I think she would be a fan favorite out of the top 3 but Juju and Pandora didn't win because they were the most busted. Alexis can't possibly win either. Unless they are looking to finally crown an older queen, I think Manila will win it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Tyra looked awful in the recap episode -- even with collagen lips, she looked like a man in a dress. I'm still scratching my head as to how she ended up winning. JuJu and Raven were hilarious as usual.

At this point I won't pitch a fit if Raja wins. I still don't want her to win, but I can see how Ru would go that way given the first two winners, so I might as well brace for impact.
    I see your point, but I feel that at least Raja will have earned it more than Tyra. (Didn't get to see the first season). She's got better style, varies up her schtick, and is not afraid to give as good as she gets (her lip sync is a good example there, but she still was classier).

And yes, I've always felt that JuJuBee or Raven (that order IMHO) should've won. But from the looks of things they have at least done well. In fact, I've seen YouTube vids for the top 5 or such except for Tyra - and here really just the Absolut commercial. (Even there I feel that Jessica Wyld was the best, followed closely by Pandora).

congrats to Raja! Although it was sad to see how much Manila wanted it, either one would've been great. It will be nice to have a winner who is coherent and eloquent. Alexis simply cannot give up the pageant look.

Is it my imagination or do Ru's songs all sound exactly the same? LOLOL

Let the bitchfest begin next week!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I'm not surprised Raja won, and it makes sense, given that she was doing something original with her persona and runway looks. But looking at that music video, Alexis was the only one of the three finalists who seemed to realize there was a camera on her. Raja and Manila were completely stiff, and looked really green. I think this is very telling, and it's ultimately why I thought Alexis should have won. Raja is hilarious, until she's put onstage and has to be funny on purpose. For all her experience, I think she really needs help in that department.

Raja is a catalog queen. But so was The Other Tyra, so I guess that's what RuPaul looks for. Oh well. My heart goes out to Alexis, Manila, Raven, Jujubee, and Nina Flowers. (I had no problem with Bebe Zahara Benet winning, she was the total package).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    congrats to Raja! Although it was sad to see how much Manila wanted it, either one would've been great. It will be nice to have a winner who is coherent and eloquent. Alexis simply cannot give up the pageant look.

Is it my imagination or do Ru's songs all sound exactly the same? LOLOL

Let the bitchfest begin next week!
    Admittedly I was rooting for Alexis, but was going to be happy with any of them winning. I think all of them were MILES better than Tyra from last season IMHO. And, all three overall looked like women in drag (though I do with Sutan had not tattooed his arm as much as he had - I do think it detracts from his and Raja's look overall).

Raja I think does have some issues being too droll in her humor, but she does have humor in her snarks as well as has a unique style that can wear a lot of different designs. And I do agree with comments I've read elsewhere - she does have more of an edge that would fit Absolut's line more than Manila or Alexis could. I wish all three of them the best in what they do.

+ Reply to Thread