+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo-VH1)

I like how Stacy has emerged as a contender. And I'm totally over Raja. It looks like next week he finally gets confronted with the real question: are you really even a drag queen, or are you just visiting? He doesn't seem to have a reason to be there other than to act superior and come up with over-the-top looks. Does he even perform in drag on a regular basis? He bugs me.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I like how Stacy has emerged as a contender. And I'm totally over Raja. It looks like next week he finally gets confronted with the real question: are you really even a drag queen, or are you just visiting? He doesn't seem to have a reason to be there other than to act superior and come up with over-the-top looks. Does he even perform in drag on a regular basis? He bugs me.
    I agree, at first I really liked Raja and totally wanted him to win, but lately he's been so arrogant. I would like to see the guy who played Alicia Keyes win, or the really cute blond guy...sorry, I don't know all the names.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Same here - Stacy is showing what you can do when you really mean you're going to try and is giving it her all. While she may not end up the winner, at least she's learning, which I don't feel with others (i.e. Raja).

I didn't get to see all of last night's show (the one with the parody of Match Game) so I can't give a full analysis right now. I will say though it sounds a lot are really interesting, so I'll have to see it on Logo.

Raja doesn't bother me TOO much; however, I do think that Sutan is relying on his history with Tyra to win this thing instead of doing his own thing. That will be his undoing as Raja in the end.

I still am enjoying Manila Luzon as well as Stacy. And, I SO agree with RuPaul on safe being an ugly word. Shows like this, cruising only reads that you're there for the PR and not really wanting to learn, and Ru had to work hard to be accepted (if you think about it) in society. (I will admit that when I first saw her I didn't realize she was a he.) So, just being safe reads as disrespect IMHO.

On the end, I did see the lip sync, and have to agree on who was ousted. I saw her Joan make up and had to say "WHAT?" the dark marks on her face looked really bad. (though admittedly I thought worse when I thought he was trying to be Joan Collins of "Dynasty" fame).

(I'll use spoilers for now, some people may not see it till it runs on VH-1).

Grrrrr!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    So much for Stacy. What a heartbreaker. And Raja drives me up the wall, I never would have given him the win.
    The whole challenge was dumb to begin with. It was a Project Runway challenge for fashion designers, not for drag queens. I'm not excusing Shangela's lack of experience (you'd think she would have spent the last year learning about make-up and hair if she was going to audition again), but they've never taken the clothing portion of a challenge to this extreme before. It was unfair.

I still love Manila, but the whole "Heathers" thing -- please. How childish. It really doesn't give them any high ground when they call out Shangela for playing the victim.

I have to admit, I liked Shangela's dress, though I got a "The other Tyra" vibe off it (i.e. Beyonce love ). and was glad the one who was safe was safe, though I do agree I will miss the one who left. She did leave with grace and style though, and I thought her outfit was lovely.

Pretty much I liked everyone's outfits save probably Raja's - I think she won ONLY because her cake was fierce. Her outfit? - not so much.

Forgot who did Strawberry Shortcake, but I actually really liked that dress. Painting the vines on the dress and the sequins were nice. I'm guessing her wearing dark underwear hurt the overall effect though, and why she was just safe.

Mind you MFW (Still love that name - from Project Runway if I recall right), I'm like you and think that this is a dumb challenge because some can't sew or sew well, and it was extreme. (though I wouldn't be against "PR" using a similar technique).

Don't know anymore - I won't be too upset with whomever wins; however, I am hoping Raja doesn't win this outright with NO lipsync for her life or other challenge. It'd read forced, though I do think RuPaul has enough sense to not just blatantly give Raja the win.

FORT Regular

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    RuPaul and Raja have been good friends for the last 15 years. If that is the case, I don't think Raja should have been put on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by weizer2 View Post
    POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    RuPaul and Raja have been good friends for the last 15 years. If that is the case, I don't think Raja should have been put on the show.
    If that spoiler is true, than it might mean that particular queen will not win the show. If it is proven and she does win, it could destroy RuPaul's show because it can read favoritism.

Yes, I know we've seen this with the whole Saleshia controversy with "ANTM," but we saw that in the end she did bad, Tyra had egg on her face, and has struggled since.

I don't want to see that with Ru, so hopefully that this is either a. false, or b. shows the queen in question will either not win or should really step it up to prove she deserves to win.

I need to vent about Shangela like, right now. She is always complaining about how no one "keeps it real" like her and that everyone acts fake, yet she purposely does the line-up to screw the other girls over and lies straight to their face. Fake much? Hypocrite much? Not to mention I thought her act was a little expected (Oh a black person acting like a pimp from the hood? HOW ORIGINAL). She gave Manila so much crap about how stereotypical and offensive her Asian accent was, but Shangela is constantly perpetuating negative black stereotypes. AND she is giving herself way too much credit for sending Delta home. Yeah she did put her last and that's not usually a good place to be, but if Delta's act was better it would've been a great place for her to be. Shangela wasn't responsible for the material, just the order. Delta got sent home because her act (that SHE wrote) was weak.

Ok I'm done.

You're right that Shangela is no more "real" than any other the other queens, so that part of her shtick is tired. But she really did take charge of the challenge. Her strategy was smart, and any of the other queens would have done the same thing, so thier whining about it rings hollow for me. She's clearly better than any of them in terms of speaking/performing in front of a crowd. I was shocked at how Manila folded, I thought she would be the best.

I have a feeling this was "Shangela's episode," and she got a chance to shine, but I don't think she will take it all. Eventually the lack of experience will catch up to her, just like it did with Rebekka in season 1.

I'm not sorry to see Delta go. I'm sure she's a riot in her own environment, and I wouldn't mind seeing her at a club, but she's too insecure for this kind of competition.

I'm so over Raja and the Heathers, but I'm sure one of them will win. But I don't think any of them are really ready to be a "drag superstar" ...

While Shangela does annoy me, I thought her routine was among the funniest of them all. She did know how to use the stereotypes of her heritage and use them in a bit more parodying way. (I hope that she doesn't believe that stereotype in real life). I honestly can't fault her for that given the amount of comedians using this schtick; however, her case it just seemed fresh and new.

Not surprised that Delta was eliminated either. Her routine wasn't that funny. That said though, I was impressed with the lip sync for their lives this go - both were classy, worked it hard, and it said a lot when RuPaul gave her farewell comments to Delta - probably the best I've heard her say in a long while.

And - Delta showed for the most part class in her farewell speech - not too fond of the "boogers" comment, but she did at least say if she was going to lose, at least it was to a tougher competition (at least in her eyes).

BTW - I'm now confused - which drag queen did the lipstick exercise routine that won a few weeks ago? She's my favorite and I hope possibly the winner this season, but I keep getting some of the queens mixed up.

+ Reply to Thread