+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo-VH1)

I wish Jujube had won a challenge on her own (I think she won just one, as part of a group). As much as I like her, it seems tough to give the win to her when she couldn't win one challenge on her own.

Raven has been coming on strong in the last half - I just wish she was a smidge less manly in drag. Sometimes it all comes together and wow. But other times she looks sooo harsh. I do like her intelligence and sense of humor - it's snarkier and drier than Jujube's.

Tyra - sorry, just not my cuppa tea. I can think of a couple others who I feel should be in F3 instead (Sahara, Jessica, maybe even Pandora who I felt got a bad edit).
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3881933;
    I wish Jujube had won a challenge on her own (I think she won just one, as part of a group). As much as I like her, it seems tough to give the win to her when she couldn't win one challenge on her own.

Raven has been coming on strong in the last half - I just wish she was a smidge less manly in drag. Sometimes it all comes together and wow. But other times she looks sooo harsh. I do like her intelligence and sense of humor - it's snarkier and drier than Jujube's.

Tyra - sorry, just not my cuppa tea. I can think of a couple others who I feel should be in F3 instead (Sahara, Jessica, maybe even Pandora who I felt got a bad edit).
    Watching the season in review show yesterday, I have to say that if Raven would ditch the Morticia Addams wig she so loves to wear and wear more of the fluffier wigs (not like stick your finger in the socket mind you, just not slicked), and take out the lip jewelry all the time, she'd do really well and really look pretty as a woman.

Seriously, IMHO the only one of the three that pulls off being a woman in appearance and voice (whole package) right now is Jujubee.

Then again - history could repeat itself - watching the three from last season, the winner did have a slightly more ambiguous, leaning *just* a little bit on the masculine side. (BTW, all three were quite funny - I didn't get to see last season) and I wish that RuPaul had let them speak a little bit more).

And yes, I think in particular Jessica or Pandora should've been in the final three. Showed when Tatianna got that surprise stay over Jessica (who I felt had the better Lipsync). Even the other queens - and Tatianna - were surprised there. Not to mention that Pandora had some wonderful outfits and the like (and a perfect Carol Channing), but Tatianna wins in the Snatch Game contest. Mind you, I liked Tatianna, but it was almost as if Ru had a set three and this guaranteed it.

old cow

Yiipee! Its good to see you're over on this board, jadewarlock!

So i've been O.D.ing' on RuPaul this weekend and i hope Jujube wins! I think she's the prettiest and the funniest lady on the show. Tyra (the other Tyra) is ok too but from what i've seen she's just missing that extra wow factor that Jujube has. UGH i've had enuff of Raven. Maybe its because i watched the episodes back to back but good lawd Im sick of her mouth!

I want Pandora's Boxx back! I miss her and i think she should have been in the top 3 as well. But i read the blogs on TLo and they were saying that it seems only the pretty and the ones that can imitate a female the best seem to make it into the top 3. So idk

I am so upset that Tyra won! I loved both Raven and Jujubee so I was really hoping one of them would pull out the win. Tyra just didn't do anything for me; I thought Raven and Juju were both stars!

this quite frankly sucks. Tyra is the best drag queen in that group? PLEASE.

with her lack of humor, one dimensional style (rich bitch trophy wife), and inability to adjust her voice, Tyra never seemed F3 material to me - much less a possibility for the winner. Ru certainly had an agenda for this one...
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3887339;
    this quite frankly sucks. Tyra is the best drag queen in that group? PLEASE.

with her lack of humor, one dimensional style (rich bitch trophy wife), and inability to adjust her voice, Tyra never seemed F3 material to me - much less a possibility for the winner. Ru certainly had an agenda for this one...
    I am surprised Tyra won as well! Wow, go figure but i had this weird feeling she might win because when the commercials for Drag U started she (Tyra) was noticably missing while Raven and Jujubee will be on the show. So idk, also BeBe from last season won't be on the new show either so maybe that has something to do with it......

well i'm DELIGHTED!!!!!!!!!!!! Tyra is the most representative of the drag queens i've been around. she is beautiful and she has great stage presence. juju would have also been a good winner. raven flat out sucked. her final lip sync for her life was pathetic. and at the end of the day, raven always looked like a man in drag to me.

I only saw the last 3 episodes, but of those I liked the blonde best. Once she was booted, I did not like Raven or Jujube but definitely thought either of them was better than Tyra. Until the last lipsync, which Tyra did better than Raven, I did not think she was an actual contender. If Raqven did not let herself be pushed aside and overshadowed then and in the "cat fight" dance, she might have had a chance.

My main comment about the finale, however, is not about the contestants but about the fact that 80s clothes were NEVER about a "tiny waist." Those ugly shoulder pad outfits were all so boxy and unflattering. It is more expensive to manufacture items with a waist, and they didn't ever do it. Think sack dresses with shoulder pads, yuck! (and later, harem pants, just as unflattering.) It wasn't until much later with the British version of What Not to Wear that there was ever even consciousness that those boxy shapes were not woman-friendly. The truth is the 80s style was androgynous. Whoever was trying to define the 80s style for the younger contestants got it wrong, wrong, wrong. Raven totally got it right, including the hair. Remember all the tragic perms? Too bad 80s style is coming back; it was hideous. Hopefully women will refuse to buy it.

FORT Fogey

I'm thirlled! I would have been thrilled with any of the final 3 winning though! I loved them all from the beginning. Tyra's reaction was priceless. After seeing the spectacle she made, I was sure Ru and the judges made the right decision!
    I really thought Raven was going to win from day 1. She is such a pro! But sometimes she falls flat and doesn't use her "illusions" well. I think she fell flat on the catwalk. Also, she looks amazing with that blond afro. I wish she would become blond permanently. She has and old-fashioned look to her sometimes though. I think she would have been an excellent winner.
    Juju is heaven! I didn't think she had a chance to win though. They mentioned her name in the commercial for the New Now Next awards and I thought that might be a hint that she did win. I think Juju has the best personality and I love how she performs. She messes up a lot though and sometimes she looks busted. Last night she looked busted. That wig was horrible. She had to go! I would have loved to see her win though.
    Tyra Sanchez really came into the finale with the edge. You can tell the judges just loved her and she really seemed to excel at all aspects of drag. She seemed to be the strongest competitor with all the hot gluing to the body. Good for her! I was nervous that she wouldn't be able to lip sync but she stole the show. I thought she clearly deserved to win. Regardless of the fact that she had an attitude sometimes, she turned it on onstage! She also paid attention to the details!
    Another amazing season! Another deserving winner!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3886345;
    Yiipee! Its good to see you're over on this board, jadewarlock!

So i've been O.D.ing' on RuPaul this weekend and i hope Jujube wins! I think she's the prettiest and the funniest lady on the show. Tyra (the other Tyra) is ok too but from what i've seen she's just missing that extra wow factor that Jujube has. UGH i've had enuff of Raven. Maybe its because i watched the episodes back to back but good lawd Im sick of her mouth!

I want Pandora's Boxx back! I miss her and i think she should have been in the top 3 as well. But i read the blogs on TLo and they were saying that it seems only the pretty and the ones that can imitate a female the best seem to make it into the top 3. So idk
    Glad to be here, and this is a fun, and actually interesting show because it does delve in to a side of dressing in drag that people don't understand. I think JuJu mentioned what Drag stood for, and that it's been around since Shakespearian times. I don't think some people get that men back then weren't all gay in the theater, so drag to me is just not only a lifestyle for some, but also a guy's (or girl's - there have been male impersonators) way to dress up and play pretend.

While I'm disappointed to know that Tyra won, I do feel that she like the others did a good job overall this season. I DO think Tyra needs to lighten her voice up just a bit - even the most masculine voices I've heard from women aren't that low (yes, I do even include Wheezy's from "The Jeffersons") There were some in the earlier part of the season I would've been really been disappointed with, but at least Tyra had some likeable moments for me.

That said... I do think with others that she needs to go beyond just the trophy wife bitch queen or something or she will not do well. I think why I in particular liked Jessica Wild and Pandora was that they did take risks - maybe not so much for Ru's liking, but they were more of risk takers than Tyra ("Snatch Game" is a good case in point).

I think she can up her game and the prizes will help give her that little boost she needs. Now, she has to learn how to use them.

Raven I actually did like to a point, and agree that she should go blonde or softer wig and no face jewelry. But, from the sound of things she fell flat when it as needed the most and Tyra won.

JuJu... sad she lost, because she was funny and as I mentioned above, took risks. That said, I do think she will have a successful career and not have won the competition that it wasn't as vital for her to win this (good career boost, but not necessarily needed).

All in all, sounds like it'll be fun to watch tonight (no, I'm one who doesn't mind spoilers - sometimes shows here get wonky where I can't watch what I want to).

+ Reply to Thread