+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo-VH1)

Well, I know my votes will be for Pandora and Jujubee.

Looking at the photos, it's kinda funny because IMHO out of the final four, Jujubee and Tatianna are really the only two who look like women when in drag. The others look a bit too masculine.

And, I also think several of the others also fit the same mold who were eliminated, such as Pandora and Jessica Wild. (Then again I think all four of the ones I've mentioned can do well on their own and as far as being two left, the first two could win the contest).

(This is slightly OT - so apologies, but MFWalkoff, is that Dan from Big Brother a few years back? I keep think it's him but not sure).

Hallelujiah, Tatiana is gone. She's talented, but she just wasn't ready for a show like this yet. Much like Rebecca Glasscock last year.

It's gonna be a knock-down, hair-pulling fight to the finish. And I can't wait!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3875796;
    Hallelujiah, Tatiana is gone. She's talented, but she just wasn't ready for a show like this yet. Much like Rebecca Glasscock last year.

It's gonna be a knock-down, hair-pulling fight to the finish. And I can't wait!
    I'm looking forward to it too - I'm rooting for JuJuBee or Raven to win, though I have to admit to a point I wouldn't be disappointed if Tyra wins (though she is not my favorite).

That said, I did finally notice why Raven bothers me sometimes - she chooses wigs that tend to highlight (his) masculinity around the jaw. The black sleek wig and any that are super cropped tend to be the problem for me. She wore a lovely red wig in the episode they aired yesterday on VH1, and she looked lovely and most definitely feminine.

The one thing that I have to ask - and maybe you'd be able to help more - are all the guys in this gay? I know JuJu is as was a majority of the contestants, but Tyra seems to me to not be so if (he) has a son. It's also not out there to have a straight guy in drag for even the more professional to this day drag shows, so that also adds to the confusion.

(BTW, I don't have a problem with the homosexual issue - I'm asking this more for clarity sake, because for Tyra to have to overcome a stereotype that all who dress in drag are gay and do this well is something I'm impressed with).

Finally watched the latest episode, sad to see Tatiana go, but her last outfit choice was horrendus. I feel her biggest problems all season was her wardrobe choices, other than that I think she did ok. I'll be happy if anyone but Raven wins. She is just a straight of BITCH!

Jadewarlock, I think all the men were gay, even the ones that had children.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3877921;
    Finally watched the latest episode, sad to see Tatiana go, but her last outfit choice was horrendus. I feel her biggest problems all season was her wardrobe choices, other than that I think she did ok. I'll be happy if anyone but Raven wins. She is just a straight of BITCH!

Jadewarlock, I think all the men were gay, even the ones that had children.
    Ah... that's interesting because as I said, if they did have a straightman who liked doing this for fun and did so well in the contest, even more respect from me.

Raven... I'm really mixed about her. I like her, but I'd still rather JuJuBee win it all. Tyra will have to cut down on the diva attitude and become a little more approachable IMHO in order to win my vote over Raven.

Still think Raven would be better without that damn ugly Morticia Addams wig on. It not only makes her look older, it just is NOT flattering for her face shape.

I personally would've loved to had seen Pandora, Jessica and JuJuBee in the final three because they a. really looked like women, b. are hilarious in their own ways (ex. I think JuJu's Kimora was funny because it was deadpan), and c. still could be coy enough and all to have that more serious side.

Tyra is definitely gay. One of the episodes showed them talking (maybe when Pandora mentioned attempting suicide?) and he said something along the lines of being called gay James. Oh, it was the episode where Jujube and Jessica mentioned what gays are called in Chinese and Spanish.

I like Raven, especially in the later episodes, but I agree about the wigs she chooses. I also dislike the piercing just below her lip.

I really think there is some agenda with Tyra - possibly because she has a son? To my mind, her teen and business outfits fell far short of Jujube's and I thought Jujube's gown was every bit as glam as Tyra's (I thought Raven fell short here).

Thank goodness Tatianna is gone. I tend to think she got a lot of help from some of the other queens during the competition. And at the end when it was every....umm....woman...for herself...Tatianna sank. Horrible fashion sense.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

I love the final 3. I liked Tatianna too! Pandora was the one I never really "got."
    Jujubee is so funny! I like her efforts more than the judges do. But looking at her track record, she is definitely the long shot. She's been in the bottom 3 times and only won one challenge out of 10 and it was the group challenge. She's got a great personality while she is on stage. Her attitude turns me off. She's mean to even her closest friends and I don't like that. But she makes me laugh and I love her!
    Raven was the one I thought would win from the beginning. She's a bit too reserved for my taste and her look is hit or miss. Sometimes she looks heavenly and then other times, she just looks like a man in a wig. She's won 2 challenges out of 10 and she has had to lip sync for her life twice as well. She's been stronger at the end though. That could work in her favor.
    Tyra Sanchez ... I just love her. She comes off as having a terrible personality and she's got that manly voice! She makes me laugh just as much as Juju. The singing is just hilarious. I am very impressed with her strut and she is the most beautiful queen left in the competition. She's never had to lip sync for her life and that can be a disadvantage. She's won 4 out of 10 challenges and immunity has probably saved her from the bottom a time or two. If the competition was based on overall performance Tyra should win. But it isn't. I can see someone else winning because she "improved" and Tyra was strong from the start. Sometimes being good can work against you.
    I'm excited for the outtakes episode next week!

while I agree that Tyra has the better track record overall (she got VERY lucky on her immunities!), I think she is too limited in her look. She does the Beyonce/trophy wife thing to a "T" but little else. I think the other 2 have a bit more versatility - and I agree, Jujube just makes me laugh.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Team JuJubee!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3879312;
    while I agree that Tyra has the better track record overall (she got VERY lucky on her immunities!), I think she is too limited in her look. She does the Beyonce/trophy wife thing to a "T" but little else. I think the other 2 have a bit more versatility - and I agree, Jujube just makes me laugh.
    You're right on Tyra - both times she had immunity, RuPaul and the other judges said "Had it not been for her having immunity, Tyra would be lip-syncing for her life."

Pretty much the final five, the other four showed more versatility than Tyra does. Pandora had two parodies of actors down pat (Carol Channing and - in some of her YouTube vids, Brittany), and the others have versatility as well in their characterizations - or at least took risks (i.e. Jujubee parodying Kimora). Final six wise, Jessica Wild wasn't as strong with other characters, but did do a funny parody of RuPaul. (And, it might've annoyed her a little, but I do think that if RuPaul didn't lash out at Jessica for the parody at times, she a. enjoys a good laugh at her expense, and b. there might be a smidge of truth to it.)

+ Reply to Thread