+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3865857;
    So sad to see Pandora go. I'm really starting to think now that either Tyra or Raven is gonna win this thing. Don't really care for either on of them. The drag moms were really cute.
    That is disappointing - two of my favorites are gone, and if/when Jujubee is gone, that's all of them. Pandora was hilarious time and time again - I don't care if her specialty may be impersonations: I'd much rather see the talent of her being Carol Channing or another famous celebrity than just... trying to be funny. There's also a LOT of money to be made in acts that do that, so if she can learn a couple of others and work hard at her skills, she could really have a nice show.

I won't mind if Tatianna won (her Britney Spears was perfection, and she's usually very good), but if it's Tyra and Raven as the finalists, I'll be disappointed. Neither are really funny, something that RuPaul and other drag queens have. Come to think of it - most of the ones I've seen elsewhere are funnier than those two, and look more like women too. (I'm sorry, and I may be in the minority, but Tyra's "Wheezy" level of her voice is still much too masculine to be passed as being feminine.)

I know I have to be missing one of the five left - but apparently she's a bit forgettable if I can't remember her right now.

Nope, with Pandora gone, it's down to the final four, so you have them all accounted for.

I agree about Pandora, she cracks me up. I'm not worried about her having a nice career after this show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3865957;
    Nope, with Pandora gone, it's down to the final four, so you have them all accounted for.

I agree about Pandora, she cracks me up. I'm not worried about her having a nice career after this show.
    That might explain why RuPaul chose to eliminate her - she is quite funny in her sketches on YouTube (though some I have had trouble figuring out WHO she was). Pandora probably has a better chance in careers longterm because she has versatility and can do spot on impressions for the most part, so the prizes aren't nearly as important for her to win.

My order of winning preference is now Jujubee, Tatianna, Tyra and Raven. I think the first two are relatively funny (and Jujubee is one who does look feminine in drag - kinda like RuPaul in my opinion), and while Tyra is a diva, she does have talent. Raven just looks too masculine for my liking and isn't really that funny either IMHO - though she is skilled.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo-VH1)

I did not bond with this season, at all. I don't know what it was, but I could never keep anybody's names straight. I didn't even become bothered by missing episodes, and that has never happened before. I was looking for a rerun of last night, and couldn't find anything on my on-screen TV guide. I usually really enjoy this show. Bummer!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My 2 Cents:

Pandora- Loved her. So sad she went. Thought she would make top 2 or 3.

Juju- Love her, but her or Tyra may be next to go.

Tatianna- Runs her mouth too much. Very pretty. Immature. She is OK.

Raven- Want to like her so much. God how she hates Tatianna. That is getting old! Looks very professional to me. Wouldn't mind if she won.

Tyra- Don't like her. Very pretty and I think that is why she is still here. Hope she goes next (been saying that since week 1.)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3867205;
    I did not bond with this season, at all. I don't know what it was, but I could never keep anybody's names straight. I didn't even become bothered by missing episodes, and that has never happened before. I was looking for a rerun of last night, and couldn't find anything on my on-screen TV guide. I usually really enjoy this show. Bummer!
    Me too. I've tried watching a bunch of times and I just can't get into it. Maybe it's the personalities or the upped kitsch factor, but I'm totally bored by the show this season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Really? I'm getting into this season just as much if not more! The challenges are more complex, the girls are a little tougher and more 'street', and the show is attracting bigger guest star judges. I like how the show is carving a place for itself on television. Maybe in a few more seasons, it will have become so mainstream that the camp and edge will be gone, but for now I think it's still a pretty subversive TV viewing experience.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Team TYRA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3865857;
    So sad to see Pandora go. I'm really starting to think now that either Tyra or Raven is gonna win this thing. Don't really care for either on of them. The drag moms were really cute.

I was sad to see Pandora go but I think her lack of runway fashion sense did her in. Jujube really did lose that drag mom challenge - but she looks better. I will miss Pandora's humor - her comedy was priceless.

For the total package -style, spokesperson for Absolut, stage presence, etc - I think it will be Raven's to lose. She started slow and was in the bottom a few times but has been coming on strong lately. I like both the man and the queen, especially the drag mom episode. It showed a softer side of Raven - FINALLY.

The others?
    Tyra - all attitude, not versatile (but then I've thought Tyra should have been gone weeks ago!)
    Jujube - has potential, but self-destructs on a regular basis
    Tatianna - too immature but oh so pretty!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Can't wait to see who makes it to the final 3! I hated wating 2 weeks...

You can vote for this season's "Miss Congeniality" (fan favorite) at Logo's official page -- just scroll down the right-hand column and you'll find it. The winner will be announced on the reunion show, and you can vote as many times as you want.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread