+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;3851755;
    Yes those Absolut ads are great!!

I watched Untucked but I didn't see anything physical between Tyra & Tatianna, just verbal.
    They didn't show anything physical, but Tatiana and Saharra were talking about the incident when they went into the other room to get drinks. Tyra and Tatiana discussed it as well, with Tyra apoligizing saying she didn't realize she was pushing her.

Oh that's right. The chest bumping when Tatianna asked Tyra to stop singing. I was thinking of anything physical happening in the Lounge.

i love tyra and her attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;3822519;
    I think Nicole Paige was the right one to boot. Tyra really has attitude. Though beautiful, I was hoping she would go. But because she was on the winning team she was safe.

i don't get the tatiana hate either. she's so pretty. her britney was wonderful!

sonique scares me for some reason, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3837056;
    Why do they all have to hate on Tatiana? I think she did a really good Britney, kudos to her for winning the challenge. But I must say that runway outfit was hookerish. Morgan's Pink was awful!!! So glad she was in the bottom 2, along with Sonique. It was a win win for me I didn't like either of them and would have been with whoever went home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3855917;
    i don't get the tatiana hate either. she's so pretty. her britney was wonderful!

sonique scares me for some reason, lol.
    This is such a light-hearted show. I think Tatiana has a problem every week and it takes away from the fun. As far as the other queens hating her, I guess I can understand that. She has a very muted sense of style and the other girls put in so much effort. She needs to step it up. I still like her. She just needs to stop it with the drama.

I don't mind Tyra. Her singing last week was the funniest thing I've heard all year!

Pandora could just pull it off - she's the Susan Lucci after all. She is consistently in the Maid of Honor position. She's hilarious and well put together - who would you want to see on stage? I'd love to see Pandora doing a variety show. I was impressed with Tati pulling herself together for the challenge tonight. She also has a great sense of humor. Remember this is edited! And I love Jujube.

Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3;3856408;
    Pandora could just pull it off - she's the Susan Lucci after all. She is consistently in the Maid of Honor position. She's hilarious and well put together - who would you want to see on stage? I'd love to see Pandora doing a variety show. I was impressed with Tati pulling herself together for the challenge tonight. She also has a great sense of humor. Remember this is edited! And I love Jujube.
    (Please bear in mind - for me it's easier to talk about people in and out of drag by their proper genders based on attire. So, for me, the contestant - and RuPaul are men out of drag and women in drag. )

I like all the ones you've mentioned plus Jessica Wyld (? - always get her name mixed up). Her makeup is so much improved since the critique on it and she does look more feminine when she's in full costume.

The one thing I feel bad for him is when he's changing into Jessica, it seems something is always going wrong with his outfits, but this one he did a great job using black duct tape that looked like pleather. The one critique I might have with him is that he does tend to idolize RuPaul a lot, an I'm not sure RuPaul is always fond of that flattery (RuPaul never shows either way). Oddly though RuPaul's hairstyle did have some similarities to Jessica's and one other's wig design for the individual challenge.

Pandora is a hoot - he really has done a lot of study so Pandora can be wonderfully gifted in characters. Pandora nailed Carol Channing - she sounded and acted almost exactly like her it was scary. The wig that won? - Actually, that was one of the two I'd picked as the winner (Jessica's the other) because they were large, out there, weird yet tasteful (the glass and cigar wig was ugly and frankly a potential fire/safety hazard if the contestant actually wore it) and screamed rocker chick).

She does need to be careful to not be too subtle, such as in the wedding dress she wore, but she's showing improvement with the rocker outfit. I'd like to see her in the final two (and I"m wondering if this "Susan Lucci" comment is foreshadowing given that Lucci did finally win her prized Emmy, after a several year wait. )

Tatianna's Britney was definitely one of the best - she too was eerily like the real Britney. Not sure if she was the rocker chick with the G-string britches and the two-toned hair (I do get her and Raven mixed up occasionally) but if I've got it right, yes that was a spot on outfit, even if I felt that it might've been a little too far with the g-string and hose as most rockstars I know do at least wear thong underwear if they're going to wear an outfit like that. Still, nice outfit and strong performance.

Jujubee - oh MAN, did she have a bad go with the rocker thing. I wouldn't have made myself so nervous like she did, and it could've cost her everything. She fortunately nailed "Black Velvet." I think he's got a lot of pressure on his shoulders because it showed in his panicked looked throw together everything wig in the challenge. It was better than I said the glass and cigarette one.

I did like her Kimora impersonation though, even though I'd also thought potentially of Lucy Liu and done a "tough guy with silly answers" or more of the "Charlie's Angels" Liu. This might've been harder for her to do though, so Kimora was also inspired. I don't think he'll win, but I do think she's improved.

As far as Tyra - She's GOT to reach out more and quit doing just Beyonce type personas. She's one note, and that will affect her long term. Also - why did he hot glue the beadwork and stuff on him? That is very dangerous and could've easily gotten him taken out of the game on medical. And totally agree with the judges - she should be very glad she had immunity because outside of the obviously Beyonce inspired costume, HE was obviously a he when he sang. His voice was lower than it is even when he is himself. Yes, all of them had troubles - but hers was really noticeable.

There was someone I've read who said that it seems the only one who can totally transform from male to female is RuPaul herself. (I personally think he does very well in the dressing department on the men's side that if it weren't for his voice, you wouldn't realize it was RuPaul.) That said, I do think there are a couple here who can do that if they work a little bit harder on their makeup, costuming and the like, such as Pandora. Afterall, Channing does have similar features as Pandora does.

This week's ep was really good. After seeing who had to lip sync (Tatiana and Victoria), I was hoping Ru would just send them both home. But that would shorten the season, something I don't want.

I can't see anyone but Raven winning this. After the outfit she put together for the runway, it's clear she's the only one left who can flawlessly rise to the occasion. I love Pandora, but I don't know if she can survive to the very end.

Tyra was a hot mess this week. Her interview probably saved her. And Tatiana just needs to go next, she has no chance.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

So sad to see Pandora go. I'm really starting to think now that either Tyra or Raven is gonna win this thing. Don't really care for either on of them. The drag moms were really cute.

This was a heartbreaker all around. I guess Pandora should have gone over JuJu, but I can't stand that Tatiana is still there.

I watched the rerun at 12:30am, and HEY LOGO! You were already showing commercials for next week's episode before tonight's episode was even rerun! Thanks for ruining the ending for me!

At this point, I'm rooting for Raven or JuJu. Tatiana isn't close to being good enough, and Tyra is a downer. It still bugs me that Pandora went before Tatiana.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread