+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

I agree 100% about Tatianna. She was my favorite, but her mouth is getting on my nerves.

I like Pandora. I think it is the comedy angle she brings. I don't think she will win.

I liked Sahara this episode. Her lip sync performance was great.

JuJu is a favorite of mine. I like her personality.

I want to like Sonique, but am not too sure about her yet.

FORT Fogey

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race

Sonique is off the show. Do you mean Raven?

Oops. Sorry. Yes Raven. Couldn't think of her name. Scanned back to some old threads and picked the wrong name. LOL

FORT Fogey

I realized after I posted that maybe you weren't caught up all the way! I'm glad that isn't the case!
    I agree about Raven. For me, she is just a bit too dominatrix. She comes off cold in most of her looks. But I do think she is one of the best left. That doesn't mean I like her. I'm not sure.

Glad Morgan is gone, but I think Raven should've won that comp last night. She looked way better than all the other girls. I'm glad Tatiana is sticking up for herself instead of just sitting there letting the other girls pick on her.

ETA: Did anyone catch Untucked? Apparently Tyra got a little physical with Tatiana during an argument.
    Last edited by sweet_lady; 03-09-2010 at 09:29 PM.

The difference between Tyra's attitude and everyone else's attitudes is that Tyra's is on automatic pilot. Whatever you say to her, she is programmed to take it as a challenge, and she automatically words her answer to "win", or to make you feel small. In almost every conversation she has, she engineers it to try to shut other people up.

She's a paradox; lazy and mouthy and generally ugly out of drag, but once she hits the runway she's a completely different person. She may win another challenge, but I doubt RuPaul would ultimately pick her to represent the show on tour. There's too much danger that she'll be a monster to club owners and sponsors, which would threaten the show's revenue. Unlike Top Chef and Project Runway, I don't think a jerk can end up winning the season, since it's ultimately RuPaul's call.

On another subject, I am loving those Absolut ads with the Season 1 queens. I even saw Merle Ginsberg get into the act this week. They are hilarious, the way the bartender flirts with all of them the same way.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yes those Absolut ads are great!!

I watched Untucked but I didn't see anything physical between Tyra & Tatianna, just verbal.

Tyra is so immature! She acts like my teenage son.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3851750;
    The difference between Tyra's attitude and everyone else's attitudes is that Tyra's is on automatic pilot. Whatever you say to her, she is programmed to take it as a challenge, and she automatically words her answer to "win", or to make you feel small. In almost every conversation she has, she engineers it to try to shut other people up.

She's a paradox; lazy and mouthy and generally ugly out of drag, but once she hits the runway she's a completely different person. She may win another challenge, but I doubt RuPaul would ultimately pick her to represent the show on tour. There's too much danger that she'll be a monster to club owners and sponsors, which would threaten the show's revenue. Unlike Top Chef and Project Runway, I don't think a jerk can end up winning the season, since it's ultimately RuPaul's call.

On another subject, I am loving those Absolut ads with the Season 1 queens. I even saw Merle Ginsberg get into the act this week. They are hilarious, the way the bartender flirts with all of them the same way.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, MFW. I agree on all counts!

FORT Fan

Tyra is beautiful on the outside ONLY.

Raven looks great in drag. But she is so mean and cold.

I really like Tatianna but she has a long way to go in the style department. I guess I feel the same about Jessica and Sahara.

+ Reply to Thread