+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jockeys

Re: Jockeys

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3452696;
    I am pissed, beyond words. Stupid effing DISH network dropped signal in my area right before they started loading the horses into the starting gate and didn't get it restored until Rachel Alexandra was walking to the winner's circle.

I HATE DISH.

I have been waiting for this race all WEEK. I hate these people!!!
    It was a great race. Rachel lead pretty much gate to wire & Mine That Bird came from way back to lose by only 3/4 of a length. At least that's what my DirecTV signal showed me...:

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I finally got to see replays, but it just wasn't the same. It's a wonder that my computer didn't blow up with the blistering complaint that I sent to DISH! And, yes, I told them that I HATED THEM!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3452696;
    I am pissed, beyond words. Stupid effing DISH network dropped signal in my area right before they started loading the horses into the starting gate and didn't get it restored until Rachel Alexandra was walking to the winner's circle.

I HATE DISH.

I have been waiting for this race all WEEK. I hate these people!!!
    Ohmygosh.....that sucks! So sorry! What a GREAT race! WoW! Go Calvin! Girls Rule!

That strong second by Mind That Bird showed that the Derby win wasn't a fluke. It makes you wonder how in the world was he a 50-1 longshot in that race.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I agree, his win wasn't a fluke, for sure. I also think it was interesting that Calvin BO-rel (gotta say it just right, now!) said that Rachel Alexandra did not particularly care for the artificial track that she ran on, and she still pulled it out. She ran on a sloppy, "regular" track in the Kentucky Oaks.

I loved how Mine That Bird came fromt the absolute back of the pack to take that second place!! Just WOW!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3454736;
    I agree, his win wasn't a fluke, for sure. I also think it was interesting that Calvin BO-rel (gotta say it just right, now!) said that Rachel Alexandra did not particularly care for the artificial track that she ran on, and she still pulled it out. She ran on a sloppy, "regular" track in the Kentucky Oaks.

I loved how Mine That Bird came fromt the absolute back of the pack to take that second place!! Just WOW!!!
    Pimlico is also a dirt race track just like Churchill Downs. I don't think the track at Churchill was sloppy when the Oaks was run. It was a sloppy track for the derby, though.

Jockeys returns tomorrow night at 10 on Animal Planet!

I got the DVR all set for season 2...Love it.

I sure do miss this show!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345