+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jockeys

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Jockeys

2 Derbies in 2 years!!! And add to that the Kentucky Oaks, yesterday, which he also won......it doesn't get much better than that!!!! He's a huge hit in Louisville, since he lives there! I cannot watch the overhead replay of that race today enough!!!! Just amazing!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Now, Calvin Borel is having to decide on whether to ride Rachel Alexandra (KY Oaks winner) or Mine That Bird (KY Derby Winner) in the Preakness next weekend. He really wants to ride Rachel Alexandra, the filly that had a better time than any of the boys in the Kentucky Derby; the snafu is that Rachel Alexandra has not been entered into the Preakness yet. Not only will Rachel Alexandra's owners have to pay a large sum of money to get her into the Preakness, but they also only accept 14 horses into that race, and the longer that they wait the more her chances go down for getting into the race! Re: Mine That Bird....it's almost unheard of for a horse going for the Triple Crown not to have the same jockey for all 3 races. If they can't have Calvin Borel ride Mine That Bird, their next choice is jockey, Mike Smith.

I think this is soooo exciting!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Other horse folks (**ahem** owners of Mine That Bird **ahem**) are trying to block Rachel Alexandra's entry into the Preakness, but they are not getting a whole lot of cooperation! She has recently changed ownership, for paltry $10,000,000, and they've also got to pay a $100,000 fee to enter the Preakness. They want to force Calvin Borel to ride Mine That Bird. Rachel Alexandra is such a threatening powerhouse; she won the KY Oaks by a mere 21 lengths!! YOU GO, GIRL!!! And the story continues...everyday, there seems to be something new!

Rachael Alexandra is a monster horse. Calvin definitely has to climb aboard her whenever he gets a chance.

They really shouldn't be Sorry, they should be Ashamed.

Here's a question. Calvin Borel wins the Kentucky Derby aboard Mine That Bird...if he wins The Preakness & The Belmont on Rachel Alexandra, he is considered the winner of the Triple Crown?

I guess he would have to be, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3446508;
    They really shouldn't be Sorry, they should be Ashamed.

Here's a question. Calvin Borel wins the Kentucky Derby aboard Mine That Bird...if he wins The Preakness & The Belmont on Rachel Alexandra, he is considered the winner of the Triple Crown?

I guess he would have to be, but I'm not sure.
    I believe the horse is considered to be the Triple Crown Winner. I've always heard the the jockey as being referred to as

"The Jockey who was aboard the Triple Crown Winner"
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Exactly.

And, Mine That Bird's owner is sorry, all right. Sorry that he couldn't get his little nasty scheme to work.

Mine That Bird will break from post position #2!

Rachel Alexandra will break from post position #13! Rachel Alexandra is the favorite!

The last time a filly was favored to win the Preakness was 1988. Winning Colors, who finished 3rd, and she had also won the Derby that year.

I am pissed, beyond words. Stupid effing DISH network dropped signal in my area right before they started loading the horses into the starting gate and didn't get it restored until Rachel Alexandra was walking to the winner's circle.

I HATE DISH.

I have been waiting for this race all WEEK. I hate these people!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast