+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 4

FORT Fogey

Re: Making the Band 4

Talk about a snooze fest--- Diddy must have contracted for X MAKING THE BAND series so he is just blowing this one off.

Drea is shown eating again...and her face is getting fatter and fatter

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3382291;
    They should probably just get rid of Q. I can't imagine much of their fan base is made up of fans who prefer Q to any of the other guys, so I doubt his absence would be that great of a blow to the group.
    He's an idiot, imo and how it ended up with Willie apologising to him I don't know.
    Perhaps just because Willie is by far the more mature of the two.
    If he does not calm down then he needs to go...

I wonder if there is something in their contracts that forbids them from taking any other jobs... like Burger King or something. After all, Q mentioned he used to work at a Burger Joint, so stop complaining and go get a daytime gig. All they do is sit around, all day, waiting. If he is so freaking concerned about money he should do something instead of complaining and lashing out at people in the same position.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3382291;
    He's an idiot
    That MAY be, but I'm inclined to believe he's just young, immature and uneducated. I'm of the mind that he's just illequipped to deal with a situation he, more than likely, put himself into. Between the popular belief, and the hype I'm sure Diddy offered, Q probably thought he'd be rolling in money after a platinum record and a successful tour. I believe he told his mother to quit her job. That he believed he would be able to provide. Now, he not only has to deal with being broke and not being able to help his family, but he probably also feels guilty he put them into this situation. Is he handling it badly? Yes! Am I surprised a young man like him is overwhelmed? No!

Every time I watch this show I dislike Diddy more. What an ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3383109;
    Q probably thought he'd be rolling in money after a platinum record and a successful tour. I believe he told his mother to quit her job. That he believed he would be able to provide. Now, he not only has to deal with being broke and not being able to help his family, but he probably also feels guilty he put them into this situation. Is he handling it badly? Yes! Am I surprised a young man like him is overwhelmed? No!

Every time I watch this show I dislike Diddy more. What an ass!
    I also believe he told his mother to quit her job. When he mentioned it, I had the WTF look on my face because I couldn't understand why'd she do that if they were in such dire needs. I think your assessment of the situation with Q is correct. Its kinda sad to watch but I'm also getting tired of hearing about how they don't have any money.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Lets be honest, it's the current human condition.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3382044;
    all the diddy bashing is insane to me. if he's sooooooooooo terrible and his artist all get done soooooooooo wrong, why the heck do ppl keep signing w him???
    Maybe people keep signing with him because they have a dream in their heart that they wish to fulfill? Let's face it, but performing and sold-out venues, having a TV show, platinum records and a large fan base is plenty reason for a lot of these kids to sign anyway. When you mix that dream in with a lack of education and a contract that works in Diddy's favor, chances are these kids get screwed.

I thought we learned that with the first making the band. Didn't O-Town members make about 50k per year during their prime? That certainly isn't much.

I wouldn't doubt that Danity Kane and Day 26 are not getting their fair share here. Wait until Aubrey writes her book. Mathematically, they could be millionaires with their concert tour and two platinum albums. But with Diddy as their manager, and with the desperation with Aundrea and Dawn, I doubt that's the case. With Danity Kane's success, Shannon is living in someone else's house and can't afford a place of her own?

Something is fishy here. Someone with Bad Boy is getting rich, and it certainly isn't the artists.

Let's not blame the performers. TLC is the perfect example that success in music doesn't necessarily mean money for the artists.

FORT Fogey

TLC is the perfect example that success in music doesn't necessarily mean money for the artists.
    Good example there. I once saw a story with TLc members literally crying before they are broke even though they were the biggest group in the late 90S

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Q is sooo annoying and infantile. I never liked him from day with all of the corny faces he makes when he is dancing. He is a joke. They really don't need him. He will be the one to break the group apart. Please tell me why in the world Willie would be jealous of Q? Impossible. Why are Dawn and Aundrea even there? It's kind of embarassing.

Did anyone notice that they removed Shannon from the opening credits?

This show has really become b....o.....r....i.....n....g. This should be the last season.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Fan

To be fair, a lot of artists/bands/groups sign contracts without really knowing what they're getting themselves into. The reality is, most musical acts don't make their money off of record deals - the label does. Most acts get cents per album, and receive the bulk of their money from touring and merchandise sales.

This is why you should always READ BEFORE YOU SIGN!!! If Didddy is able to make money off people who are too dumb to know what they're getting themselves into, then I don't begrudge him. (I still think he's a d'bag, though).

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3384243;
    To be fair, a lot of artists/bands/groups sign contracts without really knowing what they're getting themselves into. The reality is, most musical acts don't make their money off of record deals - the label does. Most acts get cents per album, and receive the bulk of their money from touring and merchandise sales.

This is why you should always READ BEFORE YOU SIGN!!! If Didddy is able to make money off people who are too dumb to know what they're getting themselves into, then I don't begrudge him. (I still think he's a d'bag, though).
    I think Day 26 knew what they were getting into- except for maybe Q, who seems oblivious, childish and self-centered. Don't forget, like Diddy said, it is especially hard for them because their money has to be split 5 ways! I doubt if they ever become 'rich'.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

+ Reply to Thread