+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 4

Re: Making the Band 4

You're right, he had. Mase hasn't made an album in who knows how long. He's a minister now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

You're right then.....he's a horrible business man.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Mase is a minister? Whoa.
    Diddy is unbelievably cocky and annoying. I hate how every segment opens with him promoting something and talking about himself. Please just show us Aundrea and Dawn and Shannon...we dont care for you Diddy!

Mase returned as a rapper in 2004 back to Bad Boy, but left Bad Boy soon after. I don't even know who is a part od Bad Boy anymore; I do know most of the artists that used to be a part of it are no longer there...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3345596;
    Mase returned as a rapper in 2004 back to Bad Boy, but left Bad Boy soon after. I don't even know who is a part od Bad Boy anymore; I do know most of the artists that used to be a part of it are no longer there...
    Mase returned to Bad Boy but Diddy was sitting on him like he's done some of his other artist. Mase tried to jump ship and work with 50 cent but Diddy wasn't having it. Puff refused to release him from his contract and that's the last I heard of it.

Diddy's past success with his artist started to unravel back when Arista decided to take some of those artist and keep them for themselves. I believe this was the case with Faith Evans and 112.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Mase's album was horrible.....and I loved the guy. He tried to come back and make rap "clean" ...which I like the idea....but he went overboard with it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3345514;
    Mase is a minister? Whoa.
    Diddy is unbelievably cocky and annoying. I hate how every segment opens with him promoting something and talking about himself. Please just show us Aundrea and Dawn and Shannon...we dont care for you Diddy!
    That's because Diddy is about Diddy. Every week until it's premiere, he'll be promoting the heck out of his upcoming show about yet another lame album. Someone please tell this man he sucks. His rhymes are torture, not to mention ludicrous.

Meanwhile, he wants to blame DK for the breakup of DK without even giving them a chance to fix their issues together.

eta to include this:

Former Bad Boy Rapper Outs Diddy's Business Practices

Former Bad Boy rapper Mark Curry is releasing a tell-all book about his time at the record label, according to ThisIs50.com.

In the book, which is titled Dancing With the Devil, Curry speaks on Diddy's penchant for stealing artists' shine and charge them strange fees.

"Puff has an annoying habit of inserting himself into the songs and videos of all the artists on his label and its common knowledge that many Bad Boy acts resented him for this," writes Curry. "Asked about his practice in the July 1995 issue of a magazine aimed at black teenagers, Puff said: 'I like performing with my artists. I like talking on the records and I like being in the videos. It protects my interests in terms of what Iím going to do in the future. Say if a company tries to remove me. It's going to be hard to remove me and still have my acts and [have] the same level of intensity and the same flavor and feeling'."

"Puff charged the artists for his appearance on their records and videos, usually without [them] realizing it until they receive their royalty statements," wrote the rapper, who was known for his appearance on the hit "Bad Boy for Life." "Thatís when they discovered that their large sums of money had gone to fees which were doubled, tripled and even quadrupled because of Puff's 'special appearances.' He charged artists, for example, for having his Bentley in his videos-which he insisted upon- then took tax credit for business use of a car."

Dancing With the Devil is slated for a February release.

Former Bad Boy Rapper Outs Diddy's Business Practices | Hip Hop News > HipHopDX.com
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

So not surprised at Diddy's tactics. I always knew he was shady to his artist that's why I never to this day understood why people still want to be signed to his label.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

I think that Diddy is a great business man. It's his artists that get screwed, not him.

This whole DK is a joke. True they were on their way out anyway, but he defnitely expedited things with his antics last season.

The trio of daw, Aundrea and Shannon will never work. Say what you will about Aubrey, but she was the personality of that group.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Fogey

Past and Current Bad Boy Recording Artists:
    (Current)
    Cassie
    Cherri Dennis
    Donnie Klang (Fail)
    Day 26
    Janelle Monae (Becoming famous)
    Jordin McCoy
    Mario Winans
    Jerome
    Maria Chello
    Danity Kane
    (Past Vocalists)
    Faith Evans (Famous)
    112 (Slim from 112 has a new album out, but not on Bad Boy)
    Total (Big in the 90s)
    Carl Thomas (was somewhat famous)
    B5
    New Edition
    Dream (they were famous)
    Nelson
    (Rappers)
    Diddy
    Black Rob
    Shyne (will be released from prison this year)
    G. Dep
    Da Band
    Mase
    The L.O.X. (name changed to D-block. includes Jadakiss and Styles P)
    Loon
    Boyz n da Hood
    Craig Mack
    Elephant Man (Famous)
    Gorilla Zoe
    Yung Joc (famous)
    The Notorious B.I.G. (Deceased)
    8ball and MJB

He obviously has lost a lot of acts, but some of these people made it big.

+ Reply to Thread