+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Making the Band 4

Re: Making the Band 4

Absolutely, Aubrey had personality and persona, something the other girls lacked. Whether you liked her or not, she made herself known! In retrospect, looking at Shannon, I love and adore her to bits, but she was so low key that she really didn't stand out, she lacked what Aubrey had.

FORT Fogey

That's pretty much what I said earlier. Aubrey was the STAR. Diddy might have been taken with her early on ( or so the gossip says), but he will never make that mistake again...of having someone stand out from the rest. Like the guys of Day26, all future groups will blend

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3425450;
    I think the thing with Aubrey was that she was marketable. She wasn't the best singer, she may not have been the best dancer, but she had the personality and when you look at her as a complete package, she stood out. There were way better singers on MTB3, however they either couldn't dance (Dominique), or they were just not the full package. I'm not saying that Dominique wasn't marketable, however you have to look at girls that can sing, dance, maybe do some modeling-you name it.
    Actually, her rendition of At Last wasn't bad at all. And Diddy did point out her dancing towards the end of the first season.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fan

Aubrey definitely doesn't sing or dance the way she did during the very first season. She totally upstaged the other girls because she was such a talented dancer.

And when Diddy had the girls sing solo at an open mic joint, Aubrey totally stole the show and hit notes I never imagined.

It seems like Aubrey has declined since then. Her dancing is comparable with the other chicks in the group, and she barely sang in DK's albums.

Aubrey does have an incredible star quality, though. I think she was told not to mention Playboy during the show.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I just wish they hadn't changed their look so much. They were absolutely adorable as they were....both Aundrea and Aubrey.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3423304;
    Notice how diddy always manages to make himself the center of attention? Suge Knight was right, "all up in the videos..." lmao!
    I haven't heard that infamous line in a long time. Hilarious. Diddy definitely needs his share of attention.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;3436044;
    I haven't heard that infamous line in a long time. Hilarious. Diddy definitely needs his share of attention.
    Ah yes, the 1995 Source awards. Classic. Suge Knight is the only person to have put diddy iin his place with a public call out.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3423710;
    You're right and so is she, i completely forgot about that. Although, she and 'Drea had a leg up because they at least knew each other before the group was created. But even that relationship faltered. I wonder wtf happened there.

Aubrey changed. She turned into a completely different person then she used to be. I loved her when the show first started but now she is just annoying.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

And she looks like a blowup doll.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I know this is SO overdue, but anyone see The Rise and Fall of Danity Kane? It was surprisingly very well put together! After seeing it, it definitely shed a tad bit more light towards the situation, there was a lot that I don't think we knew... you could see that once the group was put together, Aubrey was becoming the "star" of the group as people wanted her to appear solo on their magazine covers and paparazzi wanting her picture alone, their original manager, Johnny Wright (one of the original judges with Diddy during the competition) bailed out on the group which is when they all kinda left back onto their own, Diddy try to reassemble the group and when they came back for the new season showing them making their second album...Aubrey was connecting with D.Woods more and going out partying while Aundrea spent more time with Shannon being the more low key members. It was just really good, the girls really had no idea what was going on once they lost their manager, and the rumors started that D.Woods was doing a solo career and Aubrey was going to join the Pussycat Dolls.

All in all, it was very well put together and interesting! Definitely delayed response, but if you haven't seen it, look it up! Very worth watching!

+ Reply to Thread