+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 4

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Making the Band 4

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;3388464;
    Willie always makes sense and should be the leader.
    Yet, Diddy agreed with Q!

God, that show was flat out tiring to watch.

I think it's great that Q wants to expand the group's horizons.
    I don't think he's saying they should break form their R&B roots altogether, just look to expand their repertoire a bit.
    I don't see how that can really hurt.
    It makes sense for it to be a gradual thing at this stage as they're only on their second album. I understand Willie not wanting to alienate their current fans, but Q didn't seem to be suggesting an all-out immediate switch of styles.

I think Dawn and Aundrea gave good advice. They might not want to listen but you can't even have the conversation if you aren't in the room.

It feels as though this group isn't ready not to be lead by someone outside of the group.
    They aren't so great at resolving conflict without someone stepping in to make sure all sides are heard and the discussion doesn't devolve into an argument.
    For the time being, that person should probably be Combs, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;3388464;
    Kick Q out of the group already! I must admit it was funny when he called out Brian for piping up once Diddy arrived. He wasn't lying. However, they would be fools to switch up their identity this early. I agree with Willie. Willie always makes sense and should be the leader.
    Seriously you guys think the whole album should be made up of slow love songs? Blech. If they were good ones....thats one thing....but those were horrible!!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3388469;
    Yet, Diddy agreed with Q!
    Right but I almost think he did that because he knows how fragile Q is. He gets very emotional and childlike so Diddy had to pacify him. imo.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3388526;
    Seriously you guys think the whole album should be made up of slow love songs? Blech. If they were good ones....thats one thing....but those were horrible!!!

I agree with you on that! I thought all of it was a mess. But their voices suit RnB, not pop music to me.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3388525;
    I think Dawn and Aundrea gave good advice. They might not want to listen but you can't even have the conversation if you aren't in the room.
    Exactly. What rational person doesn't know that. He really needs to grow up.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-20-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;3388548;
    I agree with you on that! I thought all of it was a mess. But their voices suit RnB, not pop music to me.
    I agree. They definitely are not a pop group. I found it hilarious that Will took it to the extreme and kept calling it rock There is a difference between rock...pop...and then an up tempo RnB song. He didn't get it....

FORT Fan

Q really needs to grow up. The truth of the matter is he's a dancer more than a singer so he wants them to make dance music. I see nothing wrong with that but I also agree with Wil. As someone that bought their last album and who appreciates them as a ballad singing group, I would be disappointed if they put too many of those uptempo songs on the CD.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Rather than re-watch the episode I'm just going to ask for clarification. As I remember it, Q didn't want to change their style completely. He just wanted to add some variety to the CD. It was Will who wanted to in only one direction.

I agree that Q is immature. I also agree that Dawn and Aundrea gave him good advice. However, Q had the good sense to heed their advice. And, more importantly, just because Q is immature doesn't mean his suggestion to mix it up a bit on the new CD was a bad idea. I think Diddy agreed with him because he was right.

Yes, thats how I took Uncle David. He definitely didn't want to ditch the RnB vibe. He just wanted to add a couple up beat songs. Will kept thinking otherwise though....he really wasn't listening.

+ Reply to Thread