+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 4

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Making the Band 4

There are/were plenty of groups who did quite well for themselves. They just didn't have Diddy raping them from jump.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

These guys don't have a chance in hell, that's the sad part.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3385855;
    There are/were plenty of groups who did quite well for themselves. They just didn't have Diddy raping them from jump.
    It's a different time though. It's hard for some established acts to make money in the music industry nowadays, not to mention new acts like Day 26.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Pussycat Dolls seem to be doing OK. I consider them to be pretty current.

Regardless, it seems that Diddy is preying on the hopes and dreams of aspiring artists, rather than mentoring them. It's one thing to help new artists, and receive an adequate remuneration for your efforts. But, it's an entirely different story to 'manage' them right out of their money and careers.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

The Pussycat Dolls formed their group in 2003. It takes awhile to be on "top" and become "current."

I think that groups who think after one album they are going to be rolling in the money are unrealistic...unless of course the album is #1 or winning Grammy's. Which Day 26's is not....neither was Danity Kane's.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Danity Kane at least has 1 platinum album, these guys don't.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Well those guys sure looked over their contracts long and hard Its their own fault for not raking in the "millions"

Also....if their album sounds like that ...eek....no wonder they aren't making any money. That stuff sucked. Q was right....they need some more up tempo songs. That stuff was depressing!! Sure...one or two like that but the entire album. Boooooring! I'm glad Diddy spoke up and said he liked that record. They needed it!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

I had to mute the show for the second week in the row.....the fighting is just ridiculous...and Diddy, letting it go on as long as he did, surprised me since nothing was being accomplished. When he finally had something to say about it, he had NOTHING to say.

Do you think he is letting this group go down the toilet and is ready to move on the MAKING HIS BAND???

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3388228;
    Well those guys sure looked over their contracts long and hard Its their own fault for not raking in the "millions"
    I noticed that too. Apparently Brian mentioned something about them not being able to record because their contracts had not been negotiated. I got the impression that "Screwface" negotiated the terms of their contracts, and he brought them the contracts they wanted. I could be wrong. But you'd think they'd still read it, even though their manager got Diddy to agree to their terms.

QUESTION: Did the guys hire Screwface on their own to be their liason to Diddy? That's what it seemed like.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Kick Q out of the group already! I must admit it was funny when he called out Brian for piping up once Diddy arrived. He wasn't lying. However, they would be fools to switch up their identity this early. I agree with Willie. Willie always makes sense and should be the leader.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

+ Reply to Thread