+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Restaurant Standing

Re: Last Restaurant Standing

I did think that Helen and Stephen of Nel's had the best presentation and I like how they were able to present their idea of Conquering Cabbage to the book reps. But interesting to note that everything they did on the sample was wrong. Still I wonder why perhaps the photographer did not speak up at all with suggestions considering the comments he made about the blue and yellow. Still wasn't the point of the challenge to get 'front of house' to do it not the chef???? Would they have been more successful if they had titled their book: Conquering Cabbage: How to Get Kids to Eat. That would tell a prospective buyer exactly what the book is and get a parent to at least pick it up and open it.

Was I surprised at the Gallery's half ass reviews? No, as all their challenges have been half assed.

The Cheerful Soul - another meltdown....will Michelle be able to make it to the end??

So its The Cheerful Soul, The Gallery and True Provenance to the end.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3408597;
    Was I surprised at the Gallery's half ass reviews? No, as all their challenges have been half assed..
    Which is why their survival was all the much more surprising.

The Cheerful Soul - another meltdown....will Michelle be able to make it to the end??.
    Michele seems to be so ready to just say the hell with it.
    I wonder why the meltdowns only now so late in the game?

So its The Cheerful Soul, The Gallery and True Provenance to the end.
    I still wonder how/why The Gallery is still in the running?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3408626;
    Michele seems to be so ready to just say the hell with it.
    I wonder why the meltdowns only now so late in the game?
    Accumulative stress is finally getting to her.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3408626;
    I still wonder how/why The Gallery is still in the running?
    I know. I think it is the potential. The place looks great. The food is great. They just can't get it together and you get frustrated wondering why.

Very interesting tonight. But I think The Cheerful soul fell flat with the Vegan thing, as did True Provenance. I can hardly wait for the suprise challenge that they are ALL in.

FORT Regular

Who is the girl with the long curley hair, the one married to the really hot guy, and WHY does she cry in every episode?

Quote Originally Posted by tfred;3414203;
    Who is the girl with the long curley hair, the one married to the really hot guy, and WHY does she cry in every episode?
    That is Michele who has the very HOT Russell at her side. She just started crying the last few episodes, we gather it is cumulative stress. She was not like this before I would say 2 or 3 episodes ago.

Is it normal in the UK for resturents only to be opened from 7pm to 11pm for dinner? Do you have to make reservations? 63 guests filled the restaurent??
    I felt for the vegetarians and but the vegans have such restricted dietary requirements I am surprised they can eat out at all.

Glad Alistair finally seems to have gotten it and got rave reviews, now if he can only rein in James and get him not to spend so much on food.

What I don't understand is why Michele of the Cheerful Soul and the other front of house people do not inform their wait staff of the fact they will be having problem guests? Are they not allowed to? Shouldn't a really professional wait staff really know the menu? I never get that impression from what I have seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3415653;

What I don't understand is why Michele of the Cheerful Soul and the other front of house people do not inform their wait staff of the fact they will be having problem guests? Are they not allowed to? Shouldn't a really professional wait staff really know the menu? I never get that impression from what I have seen so far.

A very professional waitstaff MUST know the menu, the daily specials and what/how the food is cooked WITHOUT having to make numerous trips to the kitchen like Michele did. She just had NOT a clue. But I am finding the knowledge base becoming less common for some reason. Maybe it is a result of the world becoming more casual?

Was kinda surprised True Provedance was eliminated. I am not unhappy with any of the final three couples, although I really expected James and Alistair of the Gallery to be eliminated. Very surprised to find out that James is only 25. I am sorta rooting for the perpetual underdog Alastair to win the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3423104;
    Was kinda surprised True Provedance was eliminated. I am not unhappy with any of the final three couples, although I really expected James and Alistair of the Gallery to be eliminated. Very surprised to find out that James is only 25. I am sorta rooting for the perpetual underdog Alastair to win the finale.
    I read somewhere about James and I believe he is also either married and has a child or has a child. I did not see this episode but will catch it, why was True Provenance eliminated?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast