+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2

I liked Rodman on the court, for the most part, when his antics didn't spill onto the court. At times I even felt the refs took it a bit far because of his rep, but all in all, I was fine with his efforts on the court. What drove me crazy was all of the media attention to him wearing wedding dresses and doing the deed with Madonna and Carmen Electra. Who cares really? It just became such a frenzy over every idiotic or freaky thing he did, and I was glad when he faded into obscurity.

Dice is subhuman, so that will either be fun or horrid to watch.

Joan and Melissa both being on seems unfair to the others because of the "built in alliance" factor. Also, Melissa stretches the boundaries of the term "celebrity" quite a bit. Sure she's been a TV host for years, but its been nepotism at a level which would make even the Trumps blush.

Of course Khloe Kardashian not only spells her name ridiculously, but hello? She makes Melissa Rivers look like a huge star in comparison.

Oh who am I fooling? As much as I hate it, Melissa probably IS a big star compared to the likes of "that Deal or No Deal model who if she's lucky speaks 2 words a season", "that golfer who well... face it, isn't exactly an LPGA version of Tiger Woods", "that former Baywatch babe who makes Brooke Burke look super-famous in comparison", and "that guy who builds bikes on basic cable".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3300653;
    "that guy who builds bikes on basic cable".
    Actually, the projects on Monster Garage were modified vehicles, not bikes. If they didn't work then Jesse would wreck them at the end of the show (which was kinda fun to watch, in a twisted way). He did own/operate West Coast Chopper, but I don't know if he does anything now that he's married to Sandra Bullock.I swear I only know this stuff because my husband makes me watch it with him.

All in all, though, Jesse has proven business smarts. West Coast Chopper gear was incredibly popular (up here in the north, anyway). I don't know how he's going to deal with being a Trump "employee", but he's no business neophyte. I find him to be a pretty interesting guy - I confess I even watched the movie he did with Kid Rock. He's mean and he's a rough character, totally unlike anyone who's ever been on The Apprentice. It will be amusing to have him & Joan Rivers in the same room.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Andrew Dice Clay is so going to make The Donald's hair stand on end with his abrasive behavior.

LG.

I'm with AJane in thinking that Jesse James likely has more business experience and savvy than some of our other contestants this year. He likely has some celebrity connections given his marriage to Sandra Bullock, and having people show up at events and donate time or items was helpful for folks last time around. Who knows.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Go Scott!

Ohmygod, this is going to be awesome! Not only are their celebs on here I actually like but there are some that I know will clash.

Clint Black, Jesse James, Scott Hamilton, yay! Can't wait to see the antics of the Rivers.

I will, however, completely ignore the fact that Dice-Clay and Rodham are on here and figure out a way to either mute their parts or FF through them. Would be a perfect show if not for the addition of those two.

I think Jesse is going to surprise many. My boys were huge fans of his show and he seemed to be on the ball, plus he has plenty of contacts on his own (and he can add those of Sandra's).

One final thing, why oh why does a Kardashian keep showing up on my favorite shows? God, somebody please make this family go away!

Do we have a start date?
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 02-05-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3305987;
    ..... Do we have a start date?
    March 1st. 9:00PM. NBC.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

This is a BIG no brainer for me.. I want to BE Annie Duke when I grow up I know most dont care for him, but I ADORE Dennis Rodman. And what can I say bad about Jessie James?? He is not a single many anymore is about it.. I love him too.

Just when I thought i could avoid this show.. the hair goes and gets some people I want to watch, sigh.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

I'm the same way, I'm really trying to cut down on reality tv, but Annie Duke? Scott Hamilton? I don't expect either of them to go far, but I have to watch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast