+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Sober House

"Sober House" will chronicle the dramatic, real life experiences of a group of celebrities in recovery. These recovering addicts will move into a group house for several weeks, in an effort to make the critical transition to new lives free of drugs and alcohol.

The celebrities who will be featured on Sober House are: Steven Adler, Rodney King, Andy Dick, Seth "Shifty" Binzer, Nikki McKibbin, Mary Carey, Amber Smith and Jennifer Gimenez.

Sober House Premieres tonight at 9:00pm on VH1. Will anyone be tuning in?

Re: Sober House

I really want to watch tonight but it won't be on until 11pm my time. I'll probably catch it online if you guys say it's worth it. I really want to find out what happens to Steven.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was sad to see that Steven entered Sober House high on heroine and he brought some in with him. I knew he had relapsed I just didn't realize that it was only two days after getting finished with Celebrity Rehab.

The majority of the show focused on him. But it seems like from the previews that most of them "slip" up. These people need to be in a stricter environment than this. It seems way too tempting to use.

Btw....a friend of mine does the editing for this show...and did for Celebrity Rehab too. And many other reality shows. I'm jealous!

Sober House is not what Adler neeeds. He needs at least 6-12 months in a rehabilitation facility with a stricter environment that Celebrity Rehab had. He obviously is not ready to reside in a sober house, I find it irresponsible to place him there with other patients that are genuinely interested in living life sober (Amber). Same with Seth, he has not desire to be there...he said so himself. It's sad how reality tv is messing with real lives and real life sobriety. I wish them all luck....also does this woman own the house they live in? It's really nice!

I agree that Steven needs a higher level of care than he got either on Celebrity Rehab and is going to get in sober living. Most of the people need more intensive care than they are getting the Rehab show. Seth is another good one. What exactly did he do in Rehab this last time... he spent some time there and detoxed... he shouldn't have been thrown directly into sober living without much else.

I don't think I'll watch the sober house unless I catch it at my mom's in reruns (I don't have cable). Did they send Steven out of the house after he came in loaded? If not I find that that to be irresponsible and endangering the sobriety of the couple that are interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3279998;
    Sober House is not what Adler neeeds. He needs at least 6-12 months in a rehabilitation facility with a stricter environment that Celebrity Rehab had. He obviously is not ready to reside in a sober house, I find it irresponsible to place him there with other patients that are genuinely interested in living life sober (Amber). Same with Seth, he has not desire to be there...he said so himself. It's sad how reality tv is messing with real lives and real life sobriety. I wish them all luck....also does this woman own the house they live in? It's really nice!
    I completely agree. Both Steven and Seth should be somewhere else.

I don't know if that is Jennifer's house or not. She kept saying "Its my house." But I didn't know if she was just saying that because she's the house manager or what!?!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3280024;
    I don't think I'll watch the sober house unless I catch it at my mom's in reruns (I don't have cable). Did they send Steven out of the house after he came in loaded? If not I find that that to be irresponsible and endangering the sobriety of the couple that are interested in it.
    Jennifer (the house manager) didn't want him to stay. Dr. Drew was a little unsure about where to place him if he didn't stay there. They decided to have him detox at the guys house that use to help out at Celebrity Rehab. I totally can't remember his name. But he's a big guy...nice guy. And then Steven would be coming back to Sober House.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3280024;
    Did they send Steven out of the house after he came in loaded? If not I find that that to be irresponsible and endangering the sobriety of the couple that are interested in it.
    Jennifer (I believe that's the house manager's name) first called Will -- a technician -- to do a more extensive search of Steven's things and his person. Then, because it was "an emergency," she called Dr. Drew, who also came over. Dr. D. asked her if she felt comfortable having Steven in the house and she said no. (She reiterated her opinion on this a number of times.) Either she was overruled or she was persuaded to change her mind, because in the end they (Jennifer, Dr. Drew and Will) all agreed that Steven would stay at Will's house that night (lucky Will!) and he would come back to the Sober House in the morning.

She's the house manager and I don't think it's her house on paper. She's a recovering addict herself and I think she's the "mom" because it helps her stay sober to make sure others are getting well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

I had no idea that Sober House started already but I was definitely looking forward to it. I'm just not sure how I feel about watching Andy Dick. I could never stand the guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast