+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Re: Sober House

Steven had a drug induced stroke, that's why he speaks the way he does. Steven needs real rehab...not tv rehab. He needs to be away for a year or more, and then moved to the appropriate sober living facility. Some "average" drug users who could never imagine having a day that they could afford to consume all of the drugs that Steven could sometimes have to go away for a year or even two years of detox. This is a guy who had constant access to more dope and booze than we could ever imagine. 28 or so lax days with Dr. Drew and a sober living facility occupied by likewise spoiled entitled celebrities is not going to help him rehab. Shifty alone would scare the hell out of me if I were trying to get sober. That guy is so destructive it's painful.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I really like Steven and think that his life is worth something and I can see that at times he definitely WANTS to be sober. That means something....hope.

I was sad for Amber this episode. Why she went to that party is beyond me. And then way shy e stayed after feeling so out of place just made me hurt for her. She was definitely seeking attention from a man....she was right, she's replacing her addiction with that.

I too was surprised by how likeable Andy Dick was. He's usually so over the top and obnoxious. But he seemed sincere in wanting to be there. I was surprised that he had only been sober 4 days. Seriously....wtf?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

When Celebrity Rehab ended, there was a news article the next day, that Steven had been sent via the courts to rehab. The aritlcle even said that viewers had seen Steven graduate for rehab the previous day. Since CR is in TV time and the news article reflected real world time ( does that make sense?) I am guessing that he may still be in a real rehab situation as ordered by the court.

I don't know when these two programs were filmed, but something happened recently to Steven and his drug issue that landed him in court.(does anybody know the time frame of the filming?)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3295924;

I have a question...who is that guy always hanging with Mary? He seems a little sketchy. Is he her manager, and did he enter sober living to be near her? If this guy is her manager, as I thought I heard someone say, then why do they allow him in the same sober house as she is in? Obviously they know each other too well .It just doesn't seem healthy to their sobriety to have two who are so close in this together. Perhaps they will keep each other straight, or perhaps they will fall together. Just wanting to know who exactly he is and how he ended up in the sober house.
    His name is David (Weintraub someone said above), and he was one of the 5 or 6 icky guys who tried to date Jo LaRosa (from Real Housewives of Orange County) on Jos spin-off show, Date My Ex: Jo and Slade. He was really full of himself on that show, and was pretty hostile when he was eliminated by Jo.

I have to say that I'm really impressed with Andy Dick. He seems really willing to learn and get better and he really cares about the rest of of the people there.

All I have to say about Shifty is

And WHY must all of these people go to out to bars/clubs?!??!

I wish the editing on this show was better. I'm so tired of the way they show the same preview over and over before and after commercials. I'd much rather see more of the other cast members than see Shifty "going on a run" again and again.

I hope Amber learned a lesson about booze being a drug too, but I doubt it. She needs help with rebuilding her self esteem before I think she'll be able to "swear off" bad guys and booze as well as pills.

FORT Fogey

I was just coming on to say that I am so tired of the horrid editing. I commented too in an earlier post about the constant repeats of the same scene, but also this episode showed that Steven was back in the house. We were not sure what he was going to do because they indicated that he would be living with his best friend and his wife. Now the glimpses of Steven made me wonder if he was on something to keep him low-keyed because he was not the Steven that we met earlier...he looked like a zombie and had no interaction with anybody....just sitting in a chair while all this drama was swirling around. Of course, maybe he isn't there at all and these shots of him are just edited in.

Why am I suddenly finding Andy Dick attractive? Haha
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Newbie

I can't believe how giddy I get when this show is coming on...It's like a drug, how ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79;3321053;
    Why am I suddenly finding Andy Dick attractive? Haha
    Isn't that funny? I couldn't stand that man and now all of sudden he's seeming so likeable! I guess a lot of it was the booze.

+ Reply to Thread