+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Re: Sober House

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_Juice;3289103;
    Why would you even consider blaming Dr. Drew for things that Steven says while under the influence of narcotics? It's obvious that Steven is a very different person when using and I don't understand the lack of compassion for him. He's an addict who didn't have enough clean time or acquire the tools needed to maintain sobriety in a less-structured environment. Steven is impaired physically, mentally and emotionally. A few days of sobriety in Dr. Drew's facility doesn't bring all of his marbles back to good. He's spent years destroying braincells. He will never again think like a normal person.

That certainly doesn't make him a lost cause or give reason to shove him in a room like an animal. He's a human being. A very sick one, but human just the same.
    I don't believe luvsginger was blaming Dr Drew for what came out of Steven's mouth. She was taking issue with him for not intervening when it got to the point that Steven was acting like an animal. The worst thing you can do for an addict, and I've had more than my share of them in my life, is baby them and yes that includes when they're under the influence. I'm sure most if not all of the people in Sober House were enabled for years by people who were trying to latch on to their celebrity status. They need to be reminded that they're all on a level playing field and need to start being held accountable for their actions as well as their words.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_Juice;3289103;
    Why would you even consider blaming Dr. Drew for things that Steven says while under the influence of narcotics? It's obvious that Steven is a very different person when using and I don't understand the lack of compassion for him. He's an addict who didn't have enough clean time or acquire the tools needed to maintain sobriety in a less-structured environment. Steven is impaired physically, mentally and emotionally. A few days of sobriety in Dr. Drew's facility doesn't bring all of his marbles back to good. He's spent years destroying braincells. He will never again think like a normal person.

That certainly doesn't make him a lost cause or give reason to shove him in a room like an animal. He's a human being. A very sick one, but human just the same.
    I don't know where I blamed Dr. Drew for things that Steven said while under the influence. Dr Drew should have known better than to allow Steven back into the Sober house especially since Jennifer was uncomfortable with him being there. Dr Drew should have taken Jennifer and the other residents into consideration before allowing him back in. Yes, he is an addict and a damaged human being but he has had many opportunities to get clean. This is not his first or his last attempt at sobriety. Steven needs to grow up and take responsibility for his own actions. Steven blatantly disrespected the rules of the sober house not once but twice, it's obvious he has no desire to get clean. Enough of the poor me, my mother abandoned me attitude. What is it going to take for him to wake up and smell the coffee? How long does he need to be coddled? In my opinion he is a very selfish and thinks of no one but himself and his next high with total disregard for the others in the Sober House or his own family members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3289109;
    The worst thing you can do for an addict, and I've had more than my share of them in my life, is baby them and yes that includes when they're under the influence. I'm sure most if not all of the people in Sober House were enabled for years by people who were trying to latch on to their celebrity status. They need to be reminded that they're all on a level playing field and need to start being held accountable for their actions as well as their words.
    Absolutely! I really hope that Steven and the others get clean but it's their choice to do so, no one else's.

FORT Fogey

This episode did indeed seem like pandering for viewers....maybe they discovered that SA was popular among viewers and to lose him may mean losing viewers......nothing that happened seemed like was in SA's best interests.

As I said earlier, this may be the time when we get Andy Dick in...to replace S??

I was proud of Rodney for choosing to stay home, to honor his sobriety by not testing it so soon. Perhaps because he was never a "star" and rather just an ordinary person made famous by other than ordinary circumstances he is not as jaded as the others. They seem to value their right to party as much as they value their sobriety. I'm overall disappointed, and hope that we don't see Rodney lapse as well. I need to see someone on here that is taking this thing all the way seriously and not just walking with one foot out of the box trying to hang on to both worlds.

I have a question...who is that guy always hanging with Mary? He seems a little sketchy. Is he her manager, and did he enter sober living to be near her? I have missed some portions of the first episodes (I could only take so much of watching Steven nod and fumble before it became far too uncomfortable). If this guy is her manager, as I thought I heard someone say, then why do they allow him in the same sober house as she is in? Obviously they know each other too well .It just doesn't seem healthy to their sobriety to have two who are so close in this together. Perhaps they will keep each other straight, or perhaps they will fall together. Just wanting to know who exactly he is and how he ended up in the sober house.

FORT Fogey

They said he was her manager and came to take her out that evening. He isn't staying there with her......I am guessing he could stay in the common area while they were waiting to hear from Seth......Private visits to bedrooms are forbidden at the house

The caption on the screen said that he was her manager/boyfriend, last name is Weintraub, don't remember his first name.
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Thanks. for the info. I remember seeing him at the barbeque with their actor friend who was behaving like a tool. Wondered why he would be allowed back if their behavior was disturbing enough to get them tossed out of the bbq. Oh well, I guess since this isn't actually rehab they can't control so much who is around them. The guy just has slimy written all over him.

I was appalled when this supposed boyfriend shoved the bottle of champagne right in her face, then opened the door of the freezer to show her the last bottle of Ketel 1 that Mary Carey ever bought.

Question for those of you who saw the show last night - do you think any of them were actually drinking alcohol at that bar, or were they drinking non-alcoholic beverages? Mary Carey, Nikki, Amber, all seemed pretty sober to me, but had all these colorful drinks. Wondering if it was all non-alcholic.

The boyfriend almost seemed responsible when he reminded them all at the bar that they didn't want to miss their curfew. Maybe he really is trying to help all of them, and Mary, but . . . . ?????

And, I was also very pleased to see Rodney King refrain from bar hopping and go out to dinner with staff. Of all of them, he seems the most focused on staying sober. I wish him the best!
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

I was really glad to see Rodney not go out to the nightclub, too. I hope he's able to stay sober and live a happy, healthy life.

Seth is a relapse just waiting to happen. It seems so obvious that his heart isn't in this. I wonder if he's doing the show for the money?

FORT Fogey

Actually his heart is very much in this....didn't they say at one point he has a heart attack.

+ Reply to Thread