+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Sober House

FORT Fogey

Re: Sober House

Heidi apparently is sin some kind of legal problem? She said that when she went to NV, she learned that something was being treated more seriously then she anticipated and that there would be punishment....that is why she got high. I missed something there . Was that all explained before she left?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3876007;
    [/B]

I agree here. I was going to type that I don't know why Dr. Drew is not listening to Jen, but the more I thought about it, the truth is, that he has a show to put on and the more drama the better. The celebrities don't respect Jen and, walla (sp?), as long as she is there, you definitely have drama. I know he is a real doctor, but I question sometimes his actions medically, as in his regard to Tom and Heidi, but not his media decisions. We know what motivates that!
    We have to wonder how much of the decision-making is Drew's and how much is the show's Powers-That-Be. . . It's possible that Drew is fighting with the producers and writers for a healthier environment, and they're insisting on more drama and less "protection" for the cast mates.

I dunno - Drew seems to eat it up. And his fake 'pity face' is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3876024;
    Heidi apparently is sin some kind of legal problem? She said that when she went to NV, she learned that something was being treated more seriously then she anticipated and that there would be punishment....that is why she got high. I missed something there . Was that all explained before she left?
    Some sort of car crash/DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3876778;
    We have to wonder how much of the decision-making is Drew's and how much is the show's Powers-That-Be. . . It's possible that Drew is fighting with the producers and writers for a healthier environment, and they're insisting on more drama and less "protection" for the cast mates.
    wouldn't a doctor who took his oath seriously (do no harm) tell the powers that be to take a leap? Quit the show, whatever. A doctor with integrety would quit for the good and safety of his patients and staff before cow towing to producers, wouldn't he?
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3876786;
    I dunno - Drew seems to eat it up. And his fake 'pity face' is getting on my nerves.

Some sort of car crash/DUI.
    I KNOW THAT FACE!!! He kind of cocks his head a bit and ever so slightly purses his lips, kind of nodding upa nd done ever so slightly. That drives me crazy, too!
    Sometimes I can see why Dennis Rodman calls him/them a bunch of hypocrytes.

Yes, re: the 'pity face'! You've seen it too!

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3877474;
    wouldn't a doctor who took his oath seriously (do no harm) tell the powers that be to take a leap? Quit the show, whatever. A doctor with integrety would quit for the good and safety of his patients and staff before cow towing to producers, wouldn't he?
    I'd think so too. But then, I don't notice too many doctors these days that seem to put that oath into practise. More like, selling out to big pharma for a few free pens.

Drew selling out for a tv show and fame, in that light, isn't a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3877654;
    Yes, re: the 'pity face'! You've seen it too!

I'd think so too. But then, I don't notice too many doctors these days that seem to put that oath into practise. More like, selling out to big pharma for a few free pens.

Drew selling out for a tv show and fame, in that light, isn't a surprise.
    That's so true in this day and age. So it isn't a suprise drew would cow tow to the producers.

ahh, the pity face appears again tonight. Poor Jen, I feel so bad for her. The residents ARE a bunch of spoiled, childish, selfish, disrespectful jerks who are taking great pleasure in degrading Jen with actions, laughter, mockery and gutter words. I'm begining to think Dr.Drew is high on something the way he continues to justify the most abusive patients behavior. ARGGHHHH!!!
    I mean you people can't clean a dirty dish? Really? Or pick up food you've dropped on the floor? God, it's not like you having anything else to worry about. How the heck are they going to succeed back in the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3878191;
    That's so true in this day and age. So it isn't a suprise drew would cow tow to the producers.

ahh, the pity face appears again tonight. Poor Jen, I feel so bad for her. The residents ARE a bunch of spoiled, childish, selfish, disrespectful jerks who are taking great pleasure in degrading Jen with actions, laughter, mockery and gutter words. I'm begining to think Dr.Drew is high on something the way he continues to justify the most abusive patients behavior. ARGGHHHH!!!
    I mean you people can't clean a dirty dish? Really? Or pick up food you've dropped on the floor? God, it's not like you having anything else to worry about. How the heck are they going to succeed back in the real world?
    That's just it, they are not, especialy with this kind of treatment setting.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

I did notice the Drew pity face. I think it made its first appearance in Sex Rehab. I recall the British guy calling Drew on it and Drew did indeed explain that he was feeling emotional at the guy's story of abuse. Now he uses it all the time.

Mike is just so brain damaged from his drug abuse. There is NOTHING likable about him and I cannot image how he will survive in the world. It is almost like he never got out of teenage behavior. "What are we going to do today?" but was too sore to clean his room. So entertain me but I don't want to do any chores.

They are using Mike as the drama person now that KAP is gone, but there is nothing interesting at all about him because he is one (obscene) note, Foul language and childish behavior are boring

I am really disappointed at what an enabler Dr. Drew has ended up being- he needs to adopt a little tough love instead of constantly excusing and validating these clients' crazy behaviors. I say that sadly because I used to be a huge Drew fan, but he is behaving in a terrible manner this time around in my opinion. Validating crazy abusive behavior yet cracking down on Jen who has the job from hell? What is Drew going to do next, say "Mike, great job! You only verbally abused 4 women and 3 men this week, and there are only 2 fungi growing in your room- keep up the great work buddy!"
    Last edited by RealityRealmer; 04-17-2010 at 12:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread