+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Re: Sober House

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3874263;
    Ew, it's not that guy David, is it? The one who pimps out -- I mean manages -- Mary Carey and other desperate drugged-out celebrities? Please say it isn't so.
    it is him-Mary Carey no longer associates with him. He gave an interview a few months back on The Daily Beast and he only takes clients who have addiction issues because he can the4n farm them out to reality shows-he encoureges KA to act out as it makes for good tv and will result in more `job' offers. He used to manage Seth stating (and I'm paraphrasing) "I found him in an alleyway doing meth , he should be grateful..." I don't think he still manages Seth as when he saw Seth on the show which also featured Mary, David made a snide comment, just loud enough for patrons to hear, about Seth, calling him a `loser' while they were out at a restaraunt. This caused Seth to take off and I think he may have used before coming back to the house.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I pity anyone in that guy's clutches. Imagine, he'd have made a beeline for Danny Bonaduce back in the day, if reality shows had been on air, I'm sure. :shudder: Is it possible for an addict to be even worse off? Yeah, if they hook up with someone like this 'manager,' I think.

About the last episode - I think Jenny's hyper behavior the day of the climb was pent up energy. I think it did trigger some things for her to be in a hot tub (the night before) with other people, and see them smacking each other with banana peels. But I think Kendra and Seth are playing a bit of footsie (on the show around that episode's taping) anyway, whether they admit that to themselves or others, or not. They were making googly eyes and he ran out to get her a capuccino? My red flag went up.

Starting to think Tom is just pazzo.

FORT Regular

Maybe there's some legitimacy to what Heidi has been saying this whole time...looks like Tom is in another domestic violence dispute.

Sizemore Gets Probation for Girlfriend-Beating - TheWrap.com

is that the girl also in Celeb rehab with him? The one who tried to smuggle drugs in for him?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos;3874645;
    Maybe there's some legitimacy to what Heidi has been saying this whole time...looks like Tom is in another domestic violence dispute.

Sizemore Gets Probation for Girlfriend-Beating - TheWrap.com
    Yeah, I have to admit that I was thinking that Heidi was exaggerating Tom's aggressive behavior too, but now, with another charge of girlfriend beating --- I apologize to Heidi. And there's probably more that the public doesn't know about. Wonder if Tom will ever fess up and try to change his ways. . .

PS I think Drew has done both Tom and Heidi a huge disservice for putting them together in these reality shows. But perhaps it's allowing Heidi to confront Tom in a "safe" environment where she can get some of her anger out.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 04-12-2010 at 08:15 AM.

FORT Fogey

So this happened after the two addiction shows....so do you think Tom has returned to drugs? The incident occurred in a "desolate" area near a freeway underpass...sounds like a place to buy/sell drugs.

What is Tom going to "teach" anybody? He better spend some more time getting his own life in order

Is Heidi being judged more harshly by the viewers than Tom is? It feels like he gets the benefirt of the doubt while her credibility is called into question when it comes to their relationship-particularly the physical violence. Do you think this is true or not and if so, why?
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3874975;
    PS I think Drew has done both Tom and Heidi a huge disservice for putting them together in these reality shows.
    It's really odd. Drew fired a staffer for grabbing Kari Ann, but puts Tom in with Heidi after he split her head open?

I always believed Heidi, but then, I've seen the photo of her after she ran away from Tom.

Wonder what excuses he'll make about this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3875120;
    It's really odd. Drew fired a staffer for grabbing Kari Ann, but puts Tom in with Heidi after he split her head open?

I always believed Heidi, but then, I've seen the photo of her after she ran away from Tom.

Wonder what excuses he'll make about this incident.
    that's what gets me upset- you have a guy who split Heidis head open and drew sees nothing wrong with putting them together-and Sizemore has a long history of physically abusive behavior. Yet, as you say, drew fired a staffer for physical contact. I feel like drew's preying on people who are sick. How on earth can anyone get better in that environment? I'd be hiding for cover most of the time because several of these patients are way too aggressive and volitile to be there. I wonder if MIke's behavior, which can be very very intimidating, affects Heidi, as well. Just being around someone whose aggressive must set off all sorts of anxieties and fears. Look at poor jen, for all of the critisim she gets, no one should have to constantly have to deal with so much disrespect and threatening behavior. I rememebr last year drew asked her if she wanted the guy from Guns and Roses to be told to lerave because he had been so aggressive toward her and when she said yes drew simply ignored her answer and told her the guy needed a second chance. It has to be depressing havinfg a `boss' who doesn't show any solidarity with his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3875731;
    that's what gets me upset- you have a guy who split Heidis head open and drew sees nothing wrong with putting them together-and Sizemore has a long history of physically abusive behavior. Yet, as you say, drew fired a staffer for physical contact. I feel like drew's preying on people who are sick. How on earth can anyone get better in that environment? I'd be hiding for cover most of the time because several of these patients are way too aggressive and volitile to be there. I wonder if MIke's behavior, which can be very very intimidating, affects Heidi, as well. Just being around someone whose aggressive must set off all sorts of anxieties and fears. Look at poor jen, for all of the critisim she gets, no one should have to constantly have to deal with so much disrespect and threatening behavior. I rememebr last year drew asked her if she wanted the guy from Guns and Roses to be told to lerave because he had been so aggressive toward her and when she said yes drew simply ignored her answer and told her the guy needed a second chance. It has to be depressing havinfg a `boss' who doesn't show any solidarity with his staff.

I agree here. I was going to type that I don't know why Dr. Drew is not listening to Jen, but the more I thought about it, the truth is, that he has a show to put on and the more drama the better. The celebrities don't respect Jen and, walla (sp?), as long as she is there, you definitely have drama. I know he is a real doctor, but I question sometimes his actions medically, as in his regard to Tom and Heidi, but not his media decisions. We know what motivates that!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread