+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Sober House

I would assume when they arrived in the Sober House her mom was still in rehab since it was just a week or whatever since they had left rehab. I bet we'll see some of her as the show goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3281240;
    You're assuming they are capable of making choices while they are under the influence and seeking out more drugs. How many drunk people do you know make healthy choices? For example. Seth and Steven have had very few sober periods in their adult life to even begin making choices and when using is the only life you know you literally have to relearn how to live and this little rehab that he does on TV is just a drop in the bucket of what these guys need.

Plus adults make bad choices every day to varying degrees knowing it will have bad consequences later on. How many people pound back caffeine? Eat fast and greasy foods? Smoke? Chew? Drink more than they should? etc. These are ingrained in our lives as addiction is in the lives of people who use. It's not so easy to say well it's going to affect my health so I better stop.

Jmo, Your'e right it's not easy for an addict to stop. Lots of people make bad decisons and continue to do so. But plenty of people also make decisons to stop abusing their bodies and they stick to their decisons, even though it is difficult and relapse is always a heartbeat away. There are plenty of people who would jump at the chance to take Seth's place. And would not make a joke out of it. It's terrible he has this disease, but he is manipulitive and self absorbed. How horrible for his wife and child and friends and anyone else who loves or loved them. Having to constantly put up with his selfishness. yes, it is a disease, but one cannot deny the disease incorporates elements of extrodinary selfishness. His wife and everyone else is less important to him than his drugs. Their are so many other people who have chosen their families first, after years of addiction, they realized they were using everything on earth as an excuse for not remaining sober, they realized that even though it would be an unrelenting struggle to stay clean, they could do it, because they were worth that monumentsal struggle and so were their families, freinds and all the people they had almost destroyed.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3282361;
    Jmo, Your'e right it's not easy for an addict to stop. Lots of people make bad decisons and continue to do so. But plenty of people also make decisons to stop abusing their bodies and they stick to their decisons, even though it is difficult and relapse is always a heartbeat away. There are plenty of people who would jump at the chance to take Seth's place. And would not make a joke out of it. It's terrible he has this disease, but he is manipulitive and self absorbed. How horrible for his wife and child and friends and anyone else who loves or loved them. Having to constantly put up with his selfishness. yes, it is a disease, but one cannot deny the disease incorporates elements of extrodinary selfishness. His wife and everyone else is less important to him than his drugs. Their are so many other people who have chosen their families first, after years of addiction, they realized they were using everything on earth as an excuse for not remaining sober, they realized that even though it would be an unrelenting struggle to stay clean, they could do it, because they were worth that monumentsal struggle and so were their families, freinds and all the people they had almost destroyed.
    Well said!!!!!
    Very nice post!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3282218;
    I would assume when they arrived in the Sober House her mom was still in rehab since it was just a week or whatever since they had left rehab. I bet we'll see some of her as the show goes on.

I hope not. I don't think I want to see the old lady. I do recall the mother telling Dr Drew that all of a sudden there was nothing...no money ( especialy for her drugs I am guessing) so that must have been when she decided she would have to prostitute her daughter.

that just really ticks me off... along with Nikki 's situation...whose mother taught her to use drugs.

And both girls are so dedicated to these" mothers" who in my mind DO NOT even deserve the title

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Hopefully she's getting the help she needs. I know I wouldn't be able to turn my back on my mom. And if my mom had died...like Nikki's I'm sure I would feel a sense of guilt since Nikki had done the drugs with her.

FORT Fan

Just caught the first episode last night. I feel that Steven and Seth's behavior is going to compromise the other's sobriety. It is really sad because I feel like Rodney, Amber and Nicki really want help and it is sad that others in the house are not as serious about their recovery.

FORT Fogey

Click to see Spoiler:
    The 1/22 episode deals just about entirely with Steven and his relapse. If you don't want to see him stumbling around and cursing everybody, skip it. I think this could have been cut in half and still made the point. Way too much time spent on this.
    Since the police were finally called, I am guessing this is why we read about him being sent back to court ordered rehab.
    Still no sign of Andy Dick. Maybe he takes Steven's place
    Last edited by fluff; 01-22-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Hi,everyone. I watched both celebrity rehabs and just watched the second episode of 'Sober House' and I wanna say I have lost a lot respect for Dr. Drew.

First of all, he seemed somewhat annoyed when the house manager called him due to Stephan Adler showing up stoned out of his gourd on heroin. Then he tries to reason with a woozy,incoherent Adler and tries to garner reassurances of future sobriety and sincerity of commitment to drug treatment from a mentally impaired, relapsing heroin addict. You have got to be kidding !

Would any of you have been 'comfortable' having Adler go home with you that night ? A heroin addict does not just have a little slip or a bit of a relapse and they would sell their own kids to get a fix when they are using. They should have called the cops on Adler when she found those syringes in his pockets.

I think Sober House is going to be a 'sobering' look at the shocking destruction that drugs and alcohol do even to the rich and famous and I ,for one,will be watching in horror.

FORT Fogey

so fluff...why was my entire post deleted???

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3287110;
    so fluff...why was my entire post deleted???
    Not deleted...just placed in spoiler tags. My guess is you saw an early viewing of the episode before it's scheduled air time, and therefore it was placed in the spoiler tags for those who had not seen it to have the chance to decide if they'd like to read a spoiler on the episode. In case you've never viewed a spoiler on this board, just highlight the post and it will magically appear

Hope that helps....if not, you'll have to wait for Fluff to show up

+ Reply to Thread