+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Sober House

FORT Fogey

Re: Sober House

Bob's support of KAP did surprise...hauling her heavy suitcase up the stairs and the comment about why would you care who lives in a room down the hall. He of anybody should be aware that the members of the house act as a group and KAP's antics of not getting up for group etc are well known to all of them. Also surprising that Heidi was the only speaking out. Jenny and Lukas' wife appeared to say nothing...or was that just the editing?

I only caught the last 5 minutes of the last Sober House. What in the heck did Mike do to get Tom so angry?

Tom was getting through to Mike but he went too far. He should have stopped and no one would have gotten mad.

FORT Newbie

I have never been to rehab and I dont know anyone who ever went but I just dont see how taking away cell phones and making them write essay's is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3868443;
    Tom was getting through to Mike but he went too far. He should have stopped and no one would have gotten mad.
    Didn't heidi say something to Tom to start this fight? Did Tom throw sushi at Heidi first & not Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3868599;
    Didn't heidi say something to Tom to start this fight? Did Tom throw sushi at Heidi first & not Mike?
    Yes, heidi, started the fight-she and Tom should not be in the same treatment facility, it just isn't ethical, imo, to have them together as they are only going to screw up each others bids to get clean. I do think heidi instigates a lot of the problems. It's a love/hate relationship between the two of them. I can't really figuire out what the heck set Tom off so strongly, though-he went balistic and it was, to me, scary, just as scary as MIke's behavior. On the other hand, I do think heidi is going to use the "he hit me" reasoning to continually justify her own self destructive and beligerent behavior. It's her excuse for essentially toying with Tom and throwing him off balance. Hitting a woman is wrong but you can't use being hit as an excuse for your own intolerable behavior. This happened a number of years ago and she has to find a way to live with what happened for the sake of her own well being.
    If I were a resident in that house with most of those people around me acting out, I'd want to leave for the sake of my own sanity and sense of safety.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Brett;3868562;
    I have never been to rehab and I dont know anyone who ever went but I just dont see how taking away cell phones and making them write essay's is helpful.
    I think it's done to show consequences for breaking the rules-that your own idiotic decisons don't only affect your own life adversely, but the lives of those around you. The essay might work for some people who are self reflecting, but your'e right, at this point, with the way these people are behaving (not all of them, mind you, but most) I don't think they care or have the capacity to care about why they sabatage their own sobriety. I actually feel bad for Jen, I don't know how she can live like that, in such constant turmoil. I'd never ever be able to do it w/o being hauled away by either the police or the local psychiatrist
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

That whole fight between Tom and Mike was just misdirected anger. Tom really wanted to lash out at Heidi, but instead he chose the most vulnerable guy in the house. Mike can be a jerk, but I felt sorry for him during that argument.

I agree with the others about Jen. Being an ex-addict may help her and the residents relate on some level, but it has little to do with her role as an authority figure. Her personality is not a fit for that kind of job; she allows herself to get sucked into power struggles and she makes matters more tense rather than diffusing them. She'd be a better counselor/confidante and leave the disciplinarian role to someone else.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3868601;
    Yes, heidi, started the fight-she and Tom should not be in the same treatment facility, it just isn't ethical, imo, to have them together as they are only going to screw up each others bids to get clean. I do think heidi instigates a lot of the problems. It's a love/hate relationship between the two of them. I can't really figuire out what the heck set Tom off so strongly, though-he went balistic and it was, to me, scary, just as scary as MIke's behavior. On the other hand, I do think heidi is going to use the "he hit me" reasoning to continually justify her own self destructive and beligerent behavior. It's her excuse for essentially toying with Tom and throwing him off balance. Hitting a woman is wrong but you can't use being hit as an excuse for your own intolerable behavior. This happened a number of years ago and she has to find a way to live with what happened for the sake of her own well being.
    If I were a resident in that house with most of those people around me acting out, I'd want to leave for the sake of my own sanity and sense of safety.

she did smirk when Tom started going off. She wanted that to happen and was glad that she made it work. Plus she was high. She should have been kicked out

Yeah, Tom was definitely lashing out at Heidi, but she had already walked away. Mike was the person sitting cloesest to Tom and boy, did he get it. The only person I really feel sorry for in this whole group now is Jen, but I totally agree that she is not right for this job. I'm surprised Dennis is still there, as it looks like everything is a joke to him. He's really hard to read.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread