+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Re: Sober House

Kari Ann also tested positive for drugs repeatedly during Celeb Rehab & once in Sober House according to reports/the shows. Maybe that's what pushed it over the edge. I don't think Mike belongs in that level of care either, but then not a lot about this show makes sense, in my opinion. Lol.

Wish they would update on how the camera man's eye fared. What struck me (no pun) in that moment was how unrepentant Kari Ann seemed. She barely even seemed to notice, actually. She was shaking a bit but it seemed to be from being 'strung out.'

when is the next new episode on?

I just put my DVR to record all the shows.

Sorry hadn't gotten back to you before now tapper, but the new eps air every Thursday morning at 11 AM (PDT.)

How badly do the producers want Kari Ann in this series? Wow...bringing her back again!? And she asked for juice - unless that was dubbed in (very possible.) What is it with her and juice!?

Whoever kept trying to get Dennis to drink at that club is evil.

PS - Someone for next season?
    Last edited by Brandy; 03-25-2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: story about Puck just broke

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Someone else needs to take over for Jen. She's just extremely under qualified. She talks to the patients horribly....cussing...talking down to them. When will took over dealing with Mike and Dennis....they calmed down a bit and wrote the essay. She just shouldn't be there. I cringe watching it.

Next week looks scary with Tom getting in Mikes face!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I don't know about Jen's qualifications one way or the other & this is my first season to watch the show. But, she should take a moment and count to ten, since dealing with a client while angry is never going to amount to much of a positive result. Also, it's clear that public humiiation/lecturing has the opposite effect on Dennis than intended. Perhaps if she had taken him aside or gone to him once he was able to go out to the balcony for some air and asked him quietly, she'd have had a better, faster result. I also realise that I wasn't 'in the moment' in that house as she was.

It really puzzles me that a sober house would allow half its members to go to a nightclub?!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3863347;
    Sorry hadn't gotten back to you before now tapper, but the new eps air every Thursday morning at 11 AM (PDT.)

How badly do the producers want Kari Ann in this series? Wow...bringing her back again!? And she asked for juice - unless that was dubbed in (very possible.) What is it with her and juice?
    I'm thinking she's used to juice that has meth in it

FORT Fogey

Thank god she went home. Just the thought of seeing more of her one note behavior mde me gag.

I finally determined that I am not into this show or the previous one ...I really don't like any of the people so I am not rooting for them to succeed. Way too much time was spent on the people that they brought to Sober House at the expense of those people who were ignored. We saw nothing of Lisa, little of Mindy( although I am guessing she got her revenge on KAP with the "stolen tapes")and way too much of Mike and Heidi and Tom and of course KAP.

I was very disappointed in Jennie, seeing her go out with Mike and Dennis. If Dennis' brain scan showed brain damage from alcohol, then the same has to be true of Mike. His whole demeanor is just empty..there appears to be nothing inside that hasn't been rotted by the heroin. Both men are adolescent in their reaction to responsibility and authority. There was no reason for them to be late since they did have the sense NOT to drink. Being late was just seeing if they could be and what would happen. I had hoped that Janny was further along in her rehab than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3863401;
    Someone else needs to take over for Jen. She's just extremely under qualified. She talks to the patients horribly....cussing...talking down to them. When will took over dealing with Mike and Dennis....they calmed down a bit and wrote the essay.

I don't think talking rational will necessarily work when the residents are choosing not to the follow the rules and to be obstinate. I don't cuss at all but I'm fine with Jen cursing them out. It doesn't seem out of line in the situations they've shown on the show. I think they calm down with Will because he's a big dude who could break their legs! They probably think they can get a way with more stuff with a woman. She's not a therapist - she's just running the house and trying to make sure the residents are keeping to the rules which were created to support their sobriety. Living there is a privilege, not a right. Jen's job is tough and I give her a lot of credit. I certainly couldn't do what she does.

Speaking of which, I just had an observation. Have you all noticed that Kari Ann has had a problem with nearly all the women in the houses (Sex, Celebrity, and Sober) but not the men? She was just mean and hateful and calling women fat and ugly, throwing water and vases at them but she didn't do it to the male roomies or staff. Could it be she uses the little girl act and her sex appeal on the men? What is her deal with the female sex? Deep seated mother issues? She is such a mean spirited jerk that I was totally surprised that Bob was trying to guilt the roomies into letting her stay. The only time she was mean to a man was when Dr. Drew kicked her out of Sex Rehab and she said he wasn't a real doctor. (oh and the camera man who eye she nearly plucked out...)

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3863808;
    They probably think they can get a way with more stuff with a woman.
    I noticed a lot of misogyny among the male (clients? contestants? sobr-wanna-bes?) - any time any woman showed power, authority, or emotion, she was labeled "Crazy." ibot2much pegged it - the men act like adolescents. Teenage boys who resent their mom.

Have you all noticed that Kari Ann has had a problem with nearly all the women in the houses (Sex, Celebrity, and Sober) but not the men?
    Yes.

Could it be she uses the little girl act and her sex appeal on the men?
    Yes.

What is her deal with the female sex? Deep seated mother issues?
    Yes.

She is such a mean spirited jerk that I was totally surprised that Bob was trying to guilt the roomies into letting her stay.
    That smelled like 'production'/Drew phoning Bob and saying, "what? She got away? Get her back, she's ratings gold!" (Or something like that. :p )

I was cheering inside when Dennis called out Drew & Bob for hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasue1;3863651;
    I'm thinking she's used to juice that has meth in it
    No one's done more to damage juice's reputation since Anita Bryant.

+ Reply to Thread