+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

FORT Fogey

Re: Sober House

I saw the house but know nothing about the area so I am no help. We have suffered through KA for three shows now, and the behavior was just the same...I need juice and a cigarette....I don't want to....You are a b!tch...You're looking at me.... You aren't showing me respect.. It got really boring today and I amazed...just amazed, that Dr D or the producer or somebody thinks this is television that will draw us in. I found the last CRehab, the least interesting of them all and now SOBER HOUSE looks headed in the same direction if this broad is the star.

The funniest thing was the reaction of the females when the house mother came and reported the behavior. Heidi, Jenny, and the other woman married to Lukas just burst out laughing since they all lived it.

Re: Sober House on Google Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3853496;
    I'm just catching up on the first episode. Looks like Kari Ann may get her butt bounced out of there on the first day. I really hope so. She is absolutely insufferable. Some people just need to die of a drug over dose before they can contaminate the gene pool.

Anyway, as I am apt to do, I always try to look at the area surrounding these places and then try to peg them on Google Earth. Has anyone been able to pin point the sober house on the map yet? It's obviously just down the hill from the big dome of the Griffith Observatory, but I haven't quite nailed it down yet.

Anyone?...Bueller?...Anyone?
    I have no idea where the house is but I just moved from the OC to SD and I will tell you knowing (the little that I do) about L.A., that has to be $$$$$$$$$$. Didn't Bob mention something like "we will not be chasing you all over Hollywood" .. so that area is big bucks.

KA is a p.i.t.a. PERIOD. GET MY JUICE .. are you kidding me.
    KAREN

FORT Newbie

Re: Sober House on Google Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3853496;
    I'm just catching up on the first episode. Looks like Kari Ann may get her butt bounced out of there on the first day. I really hope so. She is absolutely insufferable. Some people just need to die of a drug over dose before they can contaminate the gene pool.
    So true!!!!!!!!

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

A couple of months ago I read an interesting article by Duncan Roy (the gay, Brit film producer - not necessarily in that order, who was in sex rehab with KA). Now mind you, I'm perfectly aware he is fully capable of being a world class catty queen with his own dark motivations, which he fully embraces and admits to, but his article was faaaar from a shining review of his time in Dr. D's sex rehab. I'm paraphrasing here, but in part his article claimed that KA came up hot for meth on every single UA she submitted. Even though it was sex rehab and not drug rehab, the first dirty test should have meant an instant boot to the curb, but in the interest of generating drama, keeping a "Darth Vader" class villain on scene and maintaining something of an interesting story line they let her slide by every time on the promise that she would oblige herself to come to this season's drug rehab. I'm pretty sure his article was written before this drug rehab where she magically decided to beg Dr. D to swoop in and save the day, so it would appear there was some truth to his story. I've always thought of that series as 52% serious rehab and 48% tragi-tainment that would draw sponsor dollars, but that's a bit too sleazy even for Dr. Drew et al. I'm also more than a little shocked that Roy hasn't been slapped with a well publicized law suit for violating a confidentiality clause in his contract.

The real tragedy of all this is that Corey Haim was approached to be in this season of Celeb Rehab, but he turned it down. Just think, in a more perfect world it would be a true Lost Boy pulling himself together in a high rent Hollywood Hills sober living mansion, and KA's cold corpse would be leaking a puddle of corrosive bitch fluids on an autopsy table. Oh, the humanity! My question is though, since she is SO self absorbed, would her corpse just soak up said fluids as fast as the seep out?

I just watched. It woudl take GREAT restraint not to slap that biotch silly for the way she acts

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3853774;
    The real tragedy of all this is that Corey Haim was approached to be in this season of Celeb Rehab, but he turned it down. Just think, in a more perfect world it would be a true Lost Boy pulling himself together in a high rent Hollywood Hills sober living mansion, and KA's cold corpse would be leaking a puddle of corrosive bitch fluids on an autopsy table. Oh, the humanity! My question is though, since she is SO self absorbed, would her corpse just soak up said fluids as fast as the seep out?
    LOL Touche, Omar!

In regard to Kari Ann, all I can say is fast-forward, fast-forward, fast-forward. I couldn't watch the show without having pre-taped it, because I couldn't sit through Kari Ann's BS.

In regard to the price of the house/neighborhood, Hollywood's an interesting area, price-wise, from very high-end to very low-end, almost slummy. Most of the lower-end houses/apartments of Hollywood are in the "flats," but even in the "hills" the prices vary - from, let's say moderate to very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3853774;
    A couple of months ago I read an interesting article by Duncan Roy (the gay, Brit film producer - not necessarily in that order, who was in sex rehab with KA). Now mind you, I'm perfectly aware he is fully capable of being a world class catty queen with his own dark motivations, which he fully embraces and admits to, but his article was faaaar from a shining review of his time in Dr. D's sex rehab. I'm paraphrasing here, but in part his article claimed that KA came up hot for meth on every single UA she submitted. Even though it was sex rehab and not drug rehab, the first dirty test should have meant an instant boot to the curb, but in the interest of generating drama, keeping a "Darth Vader" class villain on scene and maintaining something of an interesting story line they let her slide by every time on the promise that she would oblige herself to come to this season's drug rehab. I'm pretty sure his article was written before this drug rehab where she magically decided to beg Dr. D to swoop in and save the day, so it would appear there was some truth to his story. I've always thought of that series as 52% serious rehab and 48% tragi-tainment that would draw sponsor dollars, but that's a bit too sleazy even for Dr. Drew et al. I'm also more than a little shocked that Roy hasn't been slapped with a well publicized law suit for violating a confidentiality clause in his contract.

I think 52% is being really generous.

FORT Fogey

She tested positive for this show and was allowed to stay

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3853922;
    She tested positive for this show and was allowed to stay
    It's not uncommon for people to enter sober living under the influence in the same way that some people enter rehab on something. They're allowed to stay under the condition that they don't have drugs on them and don't use them while in treatment.

It's clear that Kari Ann is doing this for the money though. The people on these rehab shows get paid an ungodly amount of money, probably because it's the kiss of death for their careers (Artie Lange said he was offered $200,000 to appear on the show when producers approached him). Kari Ann will never be able to get work again after this, but three seasons means she'll have enough money to buy a house and stock away some.

Her presence on this show is totally unnecessary though. A bunch of people going through withdrawal and hashing out their own personal demons is drama enough without adding a crazy bitch to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos;3853974;
    It's not uncommon for people to enter sober living under the influence in the same way that some people enter rehab on something. They're allowed to stay under the condition that they don't have drugs on them and don't use them while in treatment.

It's clear that Kari Ann is doing this for the money though. The people on these rehab shows get paid an ungodly amount of money, probably because it's the kiss of death for their careers (Artie Lange said he was offered $200,000 to appear on the show when producers approached him). Kari Ann will never be able to get work again after this, but three seasons means she'll have enough money to buy a house and stock away some.

Her presence on this show is totally unnecessary though. A bunch of people going through withdrawal and hashing out their own personal demons is drama enough without adding a crazy bitch to the mix.
    Do you know if Artie is going to do CelebRehab? What is going on with him now, is he back with Howard??

I had NO idea they made any money let alone THAT much money. Now I know why Dennis finally broke down and SIGNED THE FORM!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread