+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Sober House

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3381684;
    What is the actual licensing for sober living places there?

I think maybe one has to be signed to a reality show....

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Ahh, you're probably right Gracie! I was wondering why they were spending so much on him. I just chalked it up to him being the best student Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that either...it would be much to soon for him to be trying to help others in their sobriety.

I was happy that Will was all over Shifty during his concert. That made me feel better....like they actually care....kinda. I'm sure he would've slipped up otherwise.

Poor Andy...he really loves Sober Living. Why can't he just go to another one? I know it wouldn't be the same because all the other celebrities wouldn't be there, but he would still have the security.

What about Nikki? Nothing about her? I guess she'll just go back to her hubby and kids and her crazy life.....I worry about her.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3381822;
    Ahh, you're probably right Gracie! I was wondering why they were spending so much on him. I just chalked it up to him being the best student Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that either...it would be much to soon for him to be trying to help others in their sobriety.

I was happy that Will was all over Shifty during his concert. That made me feel better....like they actually care....kinda. I'm sure he would've slipped up otherwise.

Poor Andy...he really loves Sober Living. Why can't he just go to another one? I know it wouldn't be the same because all the other celebrities wouldn't be there, but he would still have the security.

What about Nikki? Nothing about her? I guess she'll just go back to her hubby and kids and her crazy life.....I worry about her.
    I worry about all of them! Not sure if they got the help they needed.

FORT Fogey

The ending was very unsatisfying. Nothing about Mary and Nikki. What options does Mary have besides return to that idiot who will exploit her and have her return to the life she had before. I don't know if Nikki's life back in Tx would be much better, unless she finds a support system there.

I can see why Dr Drew invested so much money into rodney's house. He has given him some tools to start his new life...whether or not his will be a Sober House for TV remains to be seen....but the sign was a give=away that maybe so...maybe so. ( Perfect spot for Amber and Andy to try to continue their program)

Poor, poor Amber, She really is going through the pressures of adolescence now since she really never grew up emotionally. You can see that mom will be knocking on her door telling her that she has to move in because she has nowhere else to go without her meal ticket of Amber. I hope she can permanently make that break with mom....but I really doubt it.

I don't seen Seth with much success unless he hires a body guard/sober coach. He truly is addicted like Stephen.

The best news out of Stephen's mouth was that he might be divorcing his wife. She is so pretty and has endured so much with him, that might be the best thing he can do for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3382022;
    The ending was very unsatisfying. Nothing about Mary and Nikki. What options does Mary have besides return to that idiot who will exploit her and have her return to the life she had before. I don't know if Nikki's life back in Tx would be much better, unless she finds a support system there.

I can see why Dr Drew invested so much money into rodney's house. He has given him some tools to start his new life...whether or not his will be a Sober House for TV remains to be seen....but the sign was a give=away that maybe so...maybe so. ( Perfect spot for Amber and Andy to try to continue their program)
    Great catch! I wonder if they will air a Reunion Special or something where they segue into that and tell us what happened to Mary, Andy and Nikki (maybe going to Rodney's place?).

Heck, if they move the show to Rodney's that (hopefully) means we get to leave Jenn, the pathetic 'house manager' out of it! Hooray!

From watching a few episodes I think that Rodney is the only one who will be able to stay sober and turn his life around and I truly hope that he does!!

FORT Fogey

Yea..Rodney not being connected with the entertainment business may have a small step up there. Everybody else has the connection to easy booze and easy drugs. Even the fact that they ordered virgin drinks...but still appearing to be alcoholic tells me that this is such a huge and dangerous part of their lives.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I definitely agree they didn't get the help they needed. Wasn't it said earlier in the thread that odds are only one will really make it and stay sober? That is so heartbreaking. I think Andy has a sincere desire to stay clean. I hope it sticks. I'm pretty sure Rodney is the one who is most likely to stay clean. It was obvious how "itchy" Seth was at the show. Sadly, I just don't think he's done.

And poor Dr. Drew - I know he has to try to stay uninvested in these people's lives, but that is obviously hard for him. Much of this has been very hard to watch.

I do wish them all the best.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3382352;
    From watching a few episodes I think that Rodney is the only one who will be able to stay sober and turn his life around and I truly hope that he does!!

I'm with you, I think he may be the only one who has dealt with his demons. I'm glad to see his girlfriend right by his side.

Everyone else worries me.

I wonder if Rodney's girlfriend was or is a drinker. I hope not, but judging by the appearance of his house prior to the "re-do", I can't see how she could have put up with that unless she was part of the problem. I really wish the best for him, he seems like such a sincere and gentle soul. I felt bad for him when he was reading that letter at the site of his beating.....it's apparent he didn't get far in school, I just hope he finds happiness through sobriety. I wish him all the best life has to offer him.

+ Reply to Thread