+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Sober House

You do what you can when you can. And she will.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3374277;
    Yes, thank you Redsoxgirl, your post brought tears to my eyes. It was well written and very moving.
    I'm sorry if I came across harsh and uncaring regarding Nikki's grieving
    I never felt that your post was harsh. I was coming on to say the exact same thing....that she was singing on the aniversary of her mom's death. Why she decided to do so is known only to her.

While I did commend red sox girl for her post, I did point out that Nikki's relationship with her mother was a bit different than that of most mothers and daughters. Bound up in theirs was shared substance abuse and its influence in her death....and Nikki's guilt in sharing that with her mother.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3374289;
    I never felt that your post was harsh. I was coming on to say the exact same thing....that she was singing on the aniversary of her mom's death. Why she decided to do so is known only to her.

While I did commend red sox girl for her post, I did point out that Nikki's relationship with her mother was a bit different than that of most mothers and daughters. Bound up in theirs was shared substance abuse and its influence in her death....and Nikki's guilt in sharing that with her mother.
    Looking for some opinions or comments: Has there been any comparison (shown) inside the group between Nikki and her mom versus Amber and her mom (since they basically had the same dynamic)? It didn't occur to me until reading everyone's interesting posts that Amber might take something away from this.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I think that when they were Celebrity Rehab there was some talk about it. But no, not really on Sober House.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3375008;
    Looking for some opinions or comments: Has there been any comparison (shown) inside the group between Nikki and her mom versus Amber and her mom (since they basically had the same dynamic)? It didn't occur to me until reading everyone's interesting posts that Amber might take something away from this.
    We will be seeing Amber and her mom next week. There was something about the two of them getting an apartment together. I guess mom is out of rehab and Amber is leaving SH.

Of course in Amber's case mom turned her out to prostitution so my feeling toward her are pretty negative.

From the commercial it looked like Amber's mom was surprised that she was getting an apartment and I thought it did NOT include the mother. I hope rehab worked for her mother. She is a piece of work! We'll see tonight!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3381106;
    From the commercial it looked like Amber's mom was surprised that she was getting an apartment and I thought it did NOT include the mother. I hope rehab worked for her mother. She is a piece of work! We'll see tonight!

I was not paying total attention to the previews...so Amber striking out on her own is one of the good bits of news

Its utterly ridiculous that ANY of them are leaving sober living so soon. They are so, so, so not ready. Rodney is about the only one who is maybe ready.

Watching the new episode now. I feel so bad for Amber. Apparently she only owned a coffee table, a few folding chairs and a lamp. I hope she does well and gets her life back.

I'm also suspecting that Rodney is going to be the next host of Sober House 2 bc Dr. Drew paid for his home renovation so he could found a sober house.

Not sure how I feel about that, if it does indeed happen.

What is the actual licensing for sober living places there?

+ Reply to Thread