+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Re: Sober House

[QUOTE=ibot2much;3321699;]Anybody have an opinion about the odd placement of Steven in the chair ( I think it was two times we saw him) but with no interaction with the other people??Do you think it is an edit to make him look like he is there??

QUOTE]

I've noticed it. Something weird going on with that.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3310079;
    His name is David (Weintraub someone said above), and he was one of the 5 or 6 icky guys who tried to date Jo LaRosa (from Real Housewives of Orange County) on Jo’s spin-off show, Date My Ex: Jo and Slade. He was really full of himself on that show, and was pretty hostile when he was eliminated by Jo.
    That guy is a douchebag and a reality tv whore. I wish they would tell him that they will not film when he is around, and I bet he'd stay away from Mary for sure. Can't stand the guy. Seems as if he says things to these people just to send them over the deep end. He's a turd and I wish they would stop showing this nobody. He has the nerve to call these people has beens and losers. Someone should have informed him he's a never was and therefore would have to upgrade to even become a has been.

ETA- I really love Andy Dick on this show. Never thought I'd say that about Andy Dick. I guess it was his addiction that made him come off as so unlikeable before.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 02-21-2009 at 01:16 PM.

I caught an episode today and I probably won't watch much more. I caught the Shifty and the hospital and everyone chasing him around town thing. He shouldn't be in that house. He needs serious treatment. The clients shouldn't be out chasing him around. Other than the small bit of Dr. Drew and the other counselor saying just drop it there was hardly any mention of why maintaining that drama in your life is a crappy way to maintain sobriety. I don't know. From a professional stand point this show and the rehab show have some very serious problems with keeping people in levels of care they are not appropriate for.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3339068;
    Other than the small bit of Dr. Drew and the other counselor saying just drop it there was hardly any mention of why maintaining that drama in your life is a crappy way to maintain sobriety.
    You are right...there should have beern so much more done for Seth by others rather than those in the house.

On the subject of drama, I think that the drama is a replacement for the substances. Mary so enjoyed this episode...runiing around the house and the city. The high caused by the drama obviously filled a huge void in her...as well as the peeking at her vodka in the freezer, hanging out with the scumbag who insults her so she can cry and then call him back and the proximity of booze while clubbing.

Thank heaven for a moment ( and that was all it was) of integrity when Dr D took Rodney to the site of his beating and he got closure there...other wise the show was a complete and utter joke.

Now that Amber had her walk of shame, she ( much like Steven) is almost a nonentity in the show. I hope that means we won't be seeing much of Seth anymore. ...getting a bit tired of his highly dramatic relapses

Drama is just a way to further maintain that lifestyle. You don't have to leave that life if you keep up the drama. Drama is a very comfortable thing for addicts. It's not a replacement, it's just continuing on in a comfort zone.

Mary loved this whole chase. She got to go run around and do what she was doing when she was using basically without the drugs.

Seth should not have been in this sober living house. He shouldn't be put back there and he should be in some seriously intensive longer term treatment that is more than just detoxing in a bed for a couple weeks. There's no meaningful recovery happening like that.

I didn't catch the full episode but I caught the previews for next week. Is Mary Carey's boyfriend trying to convince her to go to some type of "swingers convention?" That is just sick if you ask me. I think her boyfriend thinks he is marketing himself on the show but in my opinion he has made people dislike him to say the very least.

FORT Newbie

This show is a complete joke,totally set up and I have lost all respect for "Dr" Drew after watching this "SCRIPTED" reality show.The whole Seth thing just sent it over the edge and his "escaping" and "hiding" and "oh look he is videotaping on myspace and he says to go here to get "more info" so we can find him!!"

Give me a fing break.

This is a show where actors are being paid and it has nothing to do with "staying sober".

I was glad to see the segment on Rodney forgiving the police who attacked him. He's a bigger person than I am, I would carry that around forever. I would like to see more of the cast doing actual recovery work like that, than see them going to club after club.

I still don't understand why Seth was allowed in the Sober House, he was only clean for 4 days. That's nothing! And it was so obvious he was just waiting for an "excuse" to relapse.

Am I the only one who has to hit the mute button when Nikki speaks? Oh man.....does her voice grate on my nerves!!!! Not only the tone but she sounds so whiny...ugh!

FORT Fogey

The whole Nikki thing is sad....her long history of substance abuse as introduced to her by her mother, her current appearance and life situation, and her lack of motivation to do anything professionally.

Thank heaven her role in the show is small.....don't see that she has much to offer.

+ Reply to Thread