+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 13 Fear is Real

Re: 13 Fear is Real

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3269918;
    That final challenge was pretty nightmareish. It makes sense that they would have put in a secret tunnel by their feet but the whole thing seems chancey. What if when they lowered the coffin in the hole they hadn't lined it up well? Gah! I could never do this show. It was pretty fun to watch.
    I was thinking about that too and my only guess is that the hole was much larger in diameter than the coffin to prevent it from causing any problems to getting out.

This show is risky though, I mean it's very low budget and anything low budget for me makes me distrustful. How did these contestants know that the producers of this show weren't some crazy secret cult who really murdered people and buried people alive?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3270280;
    I was thinking about that too and my only guess is that the hole was much larger in diameter than the coffin to prevent it from causing any problems to getting out.
    Thank you for giving my imagination something to latch on to. That was really getting under my skin.

This show is risky though, I mean it's very low budget and anything low budget for me makes me distrustful. How did these contestants know that the producers of this show weren't some crazy secret cult who really murdered people and buried people alive?
    People are still star-struck at the idea of being on TV. You're so right about the production values - that should be a big red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3270965;
    People are still star-struck at the idea of being on TV. You're so right about the production values - that should be a big red flag.
    Do participants generally meet the producers on these sort of shows? If so, Sam Raimi is successful enough and recognizable enough to put people's minds at ease, I would think. It would do it for me, anyway - that's the only way I'd do a show like this. "Produced by Sam? Why certainly I'll allow myself to be buried alive".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Today's episode was pretty good i thought, but the rat trap thing was an extremely lame attempt to be like saw. The killer will strike next week, I wonder who it is...I actually think its Nasser or Stephanie.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3278766;
    Today's episode was pretty good i thought, but the rat trap thing was an extremely lame attempt to be like saw. The killer will strike next week, I wonder who it is...I actually think its Nasser or Stephanie.
    I thought the rat trap was fun, since the whole unscrewing of those things can be really frustrating, even more so when you know it's you against others.

I personally think Nasser's not the killer. The Mastermind warned him that there would be dire consequences if he accussed the wrong person. He'd need to be way confident or just dumb to put himself in danger of elimination if he already had the box. Of course, there is the possibility that he really does have it and he was just extremely (over)confident that he'd survive the elimination round and take all suspicion off of him by having put himself in danger by accusing someone else.

I must say, this whole box thing with the speculation and paranoia is sure adding a lot of flavor to this show. It looks low-budget, yes, but I'm really getting a kick out of it.

Who got killed off last night? I stepped away from the tv and the show ended before I saw the execution challenge.
    Yup, with donuts!!

When they were in the boats, bailing themselves out and handling the snakes, I wondered from the camera shots, if the camera guys were in a boat near them to get all those closeups--it looked liked they were parked right next to them. If that was the case, it wouldnt have been very scary, knowinbg there was the crew right there to help. They also made it look like there were alligators in the vicinity, but I am pretty sure it was just made to look that way.
    And did anyone notice that during the rat segment, that some of those rats looked asleep or stuffed at times. In some shots they were moving around, looking pretty freaked, other shots the rats were sitting on top of each other. That poor girl screaming for help at the end was pretty chilling but they ruined the mood with the stupid chomping noises which i guess were supposed to be the rats eating her!!
    In spite of all that, I still like the show. Last week it showed some of the players having showers, this week they looked pretty grungy. One guy needed a shave, one of the girls looked as if she slept in her makeup. I wonder how comfortable they have it there. We dont see them eating but surely they are being fed. They have some furniture sitting around out side the cabin and electricity. I was hoping they would be moving onto a bigger place, liek an abandoned house or old motel.

I still think it would nearly impossible to truly be scared knowing that there is a camera guy right with you at all times. These kinds of shows have to make you laugh because in no way would the production team allow you to die or be really injured.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3278766;
    Actually, the rat cage on the face thing harkens back to Winston Smith and room 201 in 1984, my very favourite book. Actually, it's tied for number one with Dodsworth. But I digress. I
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I was surprised that it was Stephanie that was the killer's first kill...all in all, this episode really showed how low budget this show is...really lame execution challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast