+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homeland Security USA

Homeland Security USA

I've been looking forward to this show and wasn't to disappointed last night. I really enjoyed watching them catch all the drugs trying to cross over the border. I was absolutely shocked at just how much they find. One female homeland agent found a bunch of cocaine in the spare tire of a vehicle and she became so jazzed it was comical. My husband said thats probably what motivates them to go to work everyday. The thrill they get from making the find.

I was really impressed at how well trained most of the border guards were. One tap on a tire and they knew weather it had something hidden in it or not. They so easily noticed one little thing that seemed off and sure enough further investigation would produce hidden drugs. Sometimes it was just picking up on the suspects body language that had their spidey sense kicking in.

And it wasn't just drugs that they found. One vehicle set off their radiation sensors. They all surrounded the vehicle and had the occupants get out. Turns out one of the guys had had radiation treatment for an illness and it was him putting out the radiation!!! I was blown away by that. I can't believe that radiation patients are putting out enough radiation to be picked up by a sensor outside of their car! Whoa!

One interesting thing that happend was a man that came through and his name and birth date matched someone elses who is on the "armed and dangerous" list. So all the agents rush out and surround the vehicle. They get him and his wife out. The man is very cooperative, the wife is fussing. She says, "Why do you guys keep doing this to my husband. We've been through this before." Turns out the man is not the one they're looking for so they let him go. The agents were very professional but it didn't stop the fact that the family was inconveninced and the kids were really upset. This reminded me of a Boston Legal episode where Denny couldn't fly because his name was on the no fly list. There has got to be a way to fix this. I know if they give them a pass or something then the real terrorists will make counterfiet passes. But they really need to be working on a way to fix this problem.

One thing that kind of bothered me was the mail. Agents were scanning packages and some contained toys. So they cut them open and one agent notices a little glue around the seam of a toy, again I'm extremely impressed with the observation skills, so he takes the toy apart. Sure enough the toy is full of pills. Now this time it paid off but how many times are innocent toys or other items pried apart and the recipeint recieves a broken item or nothing at all. I was a little bothered by the fact that they can just dig in our mail like that. I might have felt a little better about it if they'd had to get permission from a higher up to further investigate a package. Build a case as to why they felt they should cut open a package. I don't know but it was a little unsettleing to see how easily our privacy could be violated.

I thought it was a good show and am looking forward to more.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Re: Homeland Security USA

This show comes on tonight at 7 central on ABC just in case anyone would like to watch with me. Drinking alone is fine but watching reality tv is best done as a group.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I'm watching! I love this show. My husband's cousin's husband is border patrol down in San Ysidro. I just saw him over the weekend & he said the show is pretty acurate. He loved the drunk lady yelling at the female agent up at the Canadian border.
    I just think about how many times I crossed the US border from Tijuana totally drunk & under 21. I'm just glad I made it through now!

FORT Fan

What day of the week does this show air? It sounds like something I'd enjoy, so I wanna check it out.

I believe it's usual time is 8pm on Tuesdays on ABC.

I started watching the show to see the stuff from the Detroit, MI/Windsor, ON border because I cross frequently and wanted to see if I recognized any faces.

I was shocked at the some of the things people attempt to smuggle. I couldn't believe the one episode where the girl was hiding under the front seat of the truck, trying to gain entry to the US. I'm even more shocked that they found her!

I'm sorry this show is not getting more press and more people are not watching it or talking about it. It's very informative. Kudos to all our border patrol agents who are doing a fantastic job in finding contraband and illegals attempting to get across our borders.

+ Reply to Thread