+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty

Re: True Beauty

Well darn it all! This show is going to become my guilty pleasure this season. So ridiculous that I love it. I'd love/hate to have the "scientific" beauty analysis done... I wonder how the average person off the street would score and then what do you use the results for??? Sperm/Egg donation certification-that yeah, I'm beautiful use my dna!

I love the show... But Vanessa Minnillo facial expressions. drive me CRAZY... I want to slap her...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

LG.

what about Vanessa's lacey librarian shirt with the enormous bow on it that she was wearing on the last episode. I do wonder about the fashions on this show - well not Noel, he's always fabulous.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I wonder how Vanessa, Cheryl and Nole would do on the true beauty scale?

LG.

I think it mostly has to do with symmetry. I remember reading somewhere that Cybill Shepherd has a nearly symmetrical face. Not sure how they would fare.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I really am enjoying this show. But I do take exception to some of their "tests". For one thing, when CJ was just asking the bike guy if he was ok, one of the judges said "come on, help him." If bicycle dude said he was ok I wouldn't necessarily go help either. Just by asking that is showing concern for a fellow human being. Ashley did at least watch to make sure he got up, not like the girl last week who slammed the door in coffee guy's face. She even looked like to me that she was getting ready to ask him if he was ok and he stood up. I would have thougth he was ok too. I also have a problem with the giving to the charity test too. I donate to charities but I don't drop money into charity boxes. That doesn't make me a bad person for just walking by stands of people asking for donations, I donate already to charities I've chosen.

Having said that I do think both weeks they have picked the correct person to go home. Ashley didn't seem to have a problem with lying to people to get the clothes. I must live in a different world than those beautiful people as they seemed to have no problems just expecting free stuff just because they were pretty. I can't imagine even asking a perfect stranger for things.

There have been some surprising developments on this show. This last person that left complained that they didn't give her fair test to prove that she's a good person. I don't think it could have been revealed any better that she is a horrible person on the inside. Hopefully this will open her eyes and she will change for the better. Same goes for the first loser.

DBerk, I was surprised as well that the ones that left both said we didn't get a chance to see what they were really like. I wonder now, if they were given extra incentive to be a horse's patoot during filming and were not being shown how compassionate they are in "real life". I still say they both would have thrown their grandmothers under the train to get ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3278981;
    DBerk, I was surprised as well that the ones that left both said we didn't get a chance to see what they were really like. I wonder now, if they were given extra incentive to be a horse's patoot during filming and were not being shown how compassionate they are in "real life". I still say they both would have thrown their grandmothers under the train to get ahead!
    I was left with NO doubt that we saw the true lack of inner beauty in the 2 castoffs. On the other hand I do think that they are encouraged to make all those comments about how wonderful their outer beauty is.

Also I think they go out of their way to make Chelsea (?) look stupid. She told CJ (?) on the first ep about the abuse she took about her looks when she was young. Although I'm sick of hearing her say that she's gorgeous, she above all the others has revealed more inner beauty. Isn't it odd that all, but CJ (?) dislike her in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3279352;
    Also I think they go out of their way to make Chelsea (?) look stupid. She told CJ (?) on the first ep about the abuse she took about her looks when she was young. Although I'm sick of hearing her say that she's gorgeous, she above all the others has revealed more inner beauty. Isn't it odd that all, but CJ (?) dislike her in the house.
    I don't find it to be that odd. Many people have fairly ambiguous moral lines. So good for Chelsea for not lying about charitable donations, but the judgement and palpable disdain she has for her fellow contestants says quite a bit about her character. And that aspect of her inner being is what is going to affect those closest to her the most.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread