+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty

Re: True Beauty

I wonder when whe'll do a makeover on herself?! She just seems too pretty to wear all that crap, and her hair looks like straw. I wonder if she's a "plant". I think that all of them, while nice looking, would thrown their own mothers under the bus to get ahead in this show.

I wonder what makes these girls that are so pretty want to plaster on the make up. I always thought Paris Hilton was disgustingly plastic. I didn't understand how anyone could even think she was pretty. Then one day I caught her reality show and she was standing at the oven and the father of the house was fussing at her about something. She didn't have a bit of make up on and when I saw her I thought omg she is absolutely beautiful.
    Chelsea reminds me of that. Under all the plaster she is actually really pretty. Now under her skin her beauty is questionable. I was glad that she didn't want any part of scamming people into giving to a fake charity but I would have had a lot more respect for her if she had actually stopped her teammates from doing it.
    What I don't understand is why they were asking people for their clothes. They didn't wear anything that they were given.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I caught the show last night. A few random thoughts:
    - That whole giving to charity con was truly awful. I was glad that CJ realized it was wrong and surprised that the one girl kept right on going even when both of her team members were against it.
    - What is up with people who think they are good looking getting stuff for free?? In what world is it okay to walk into a store and trade your old pants for a new dress or just declare that the owner should give you some free stuff? It really made me think the whole shopping trip was set up with an "owner" who would work with these people.
    - The guys in general are definitely better looking than the girls. I only saw two girls who looked like that had any natural physical beauty: the pageant girl and the one wearing the wig (I usually like short hair, but I thought she looked better with it long).
    - I like the premise and will definitely keep watching for a while.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I absolutely adore Billy (vitamin guy)..I think he's adorable and him talking about watching Noel made me ...glad he won the $5,00 shopping spree!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3276131;
    I absolutely adore Billy (vitamin guy)..I think he's adorable and him talking about watching Noel made me ...glad he won the $5,00 shopping spree!
    I like Billy too. And I also laughed at him watching Noel. Billy obviously takes his fashion very seriously.
    I also liked that they asked to borrow clothes with the promise to send them back and offered up their identification, rather then just bank on getting free stuff because of their looks.

When I was in college I went to a chippendales (sp?) show and I swear Billy was one of the guys-- this was like 5-6 years ago so he would have been in his mid 20s!
    I think the only people who can possibly win at this point are billy, CJ, monika, joel, and julia. I feel as if CJ and joel are getting a winner's edit (they make a few mistakes but GROW too) whereas monika may not grow enough and billy and julia are nice throughout (therefore, no growth).

I don't think any of them is good-looking enough to just be handed free stuff, so I imagine the shop was consulted ahead of time.
    Billy's team did promise to give the clothes back, but I'm sure I saw the woman who wore the tube dress making alterarions to it with scissors.

I wasn't giving the show my full attention so I didn't understand why they were asking random people for clothing off their backs. What did they expect to do with it because they didn't seem to wear any of it? I have no idea why they took that bloke's AIDS bracelet either. That made no sense to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My husband was completely baffled by the dress that Ashley wore to the HOB. One of the Judges said, "Here comes Ashley." and my husband said, "Wearing a bedsheet?"

I can't get over how much I'm enjoying this show, while secretly shaking my head at it! These people are so FULL of themselves it's bizarre! The one who got kicked off was cute, but even up against Cheryl Tiegs you could see where she lacked that 'all American girl' look she claims she has going. Just another wannabe. It is wierd how inner beauty does make you a pretty person or not and how it shows up once they open their mouths.

The pagent girl was so funny up there posing! She's pretty,but knows it too much.

And it did look like the bicycle man wasn't really hurt when he fell the second time. They should have made him lay there for several seconds and see who would go to his assistance or just ignore him. As a woman, I think if I saw him getting (although slowly) back on his bike I'd think he was stunned, but ok. If he was on the ground not able to get up, thats another thing!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3276631;
    [snipped]...And it did look like the bicycle man wasn't really hurt when he fell the second time. They should have made him lay there for several seconds and see who would go to his assistance or just ignore him. As a woman, I think if I saw him getting (although slowly) back on his bike I'd think he was stunned, but ok. If he was on the ground not able to get up, thats another thing!
    I agree. I'm glad Ashley was the one to go, but the bicycle guy did get up awfully fast. When something like that happens, you're startled and it frequently takes a few seconds to react. I'm pretty sure I would have at least asked him if he was okay.

I would have booted Ashley simply for taking that man's AIDS bracelet. When she did it, I wondered what the heck she was doing because I didn't figure that was going to be something she'd even wear to the evening event.

Props to Chelsea for not going along with the charity scam operation. Yeah, it would have been better if she could have stopped her teammates from doing it, but it's hard in itself to go against your teammates on a show like this.

+ Reply to Thread