+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: True Beauty

FORT Newbie

Re: True Beauty

One more thing I wanted to add, just for an interesting anecdote:

Nole is hardly in a position to judge "true beauty". At the party last night, Billy was in touch with Joel and Joel apparently asked if he could get in the party. So Billy asked and Joel was invited to come down to the party. When a rep from the party went out to meet Joel, Nole was with Joel. Joel apparently was nice and appreciative of being invited. BUT - Nole didn't look anyone in the eye as he arrived, even as he shook the hand of the party rep walking them in. Nole just kept looking around with that "who's more important around that I should be talking to" look. The party rep was very aware he was being dissed and felt it was very rude. Nole was like this the whole evening.

I just thought that was a funny way to act considering he just spent these weeks judging other people's "moments".

FORT Fogey

Well, you don't have to be beautiful to know beauty.

FORT Newbie

Correct, but having recently been a part of this experience as a "judge" I would hope that Nole would take something away from this himself as an experience to learn from as a human being and look "inside" himself.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Wow, thanks for sharing this info truthinbeauty! As a I expected though.....the show was a farce.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by truthinbeauty
    I have a funny story to tell: I got to attend an Oscar Party in Beverly Hills last night and met Billy from True Beauty - of all things! He was very nice, and was very open to questions about the show and how things were done. Very very interesting. One thing he told me was back at the "upset sylist" challenge, he spent ten minutes talking to the stylist with his arm around her shoulder telling her "men were dogs" stuff. And then the producer came in and stopped taping and yelled at Billy saying "Billy have you gotten measured yet? We're waiting and you're wasting time". THAT was what prompted his reaction that was shown - not the stylist.

Similar thing with the fitness challenge - Billy said he sat down and spoke with all the kids, but they cut that out. Just very interesting all around.
    If it happened for him, it happened for the others, he's full of ....
    excuses.

Having watched the finale, I don't get how you win all those challenges - decided by the judges - and then they put him third? Just doesn't make sense. Billy did say he felt half way through the taping that knowing Disney owns ABC, he felt there was no way they would pick a Chippendale to be "most beautiful".
    There was no way they would pick a Chippendale to be most beautiful, but they were fine with a pageant girl who was dethroned for public intoxication? Sounds like he's looking for any excuse as to why it wasn't his fault he didn't win... third is exactly where he belonged. Joel is better looking, and Julia was a better person.

I have to say the TV screen doesn't do Billy justice - he really is an amazingly handsome man. And he was very very nice, approachable and warm.
    Yes, and was he carrying a power bar? Tell us, was it in his sock, or was he carrying it in his murse?

A dork is a dork is a dork.

FORT Fogey

Hmm. Well, Nole was a judge on top model and I definitely don't think he looks any more like Tyson Beckford than before. I guess we just expect different things out of the judges from these shows.

I don't get how Billy wins five out of 8 challenges and doesn't win?????
    Well you have to remember those challenges were all decided on OUTTER beauty. Julia in a way was a default winner. All the outside beauties were douchebags. All the nice ones (CJ & Chelsea) were not so cute :hehe and she was the only one who had a little bit of both. To me, she is so generic looking. Pretty, but dime a dozen. I don't think she is really all that compassionate either, I think she's more robotically nice which is an instinct from being a pageant girl.

As I said she was the default winner. They had NOTHING on her from both points. She never went to the hall of beauty and was top 3 in most of the challenges. She also passed all the secret tests. In her bad highlight reel they were really grasping at straws to give us doubt about her winning.
    Last edited by hott4hill; 02-24-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3343718;
    Cheryls ta-tas are about to fall out of her dress
    I hate seeing this. They were almost propping up her chin. I did notice that when she was standing, the dress fit well, but sitting down they somehow floated up.

Cheryl was always on Billy's side and I think that had to do with the "aging model" parallel she can relate to. Nole wanted Joel's bod, but was willing to settle for Billy. He never had much of anything nice to say about the women. I still don't remember the name of the third judge, but other than herself, I couldn't pick out anyone she was rooting for.

I don't mind Julia winning. I think she is a sincerely nice person, who makes the most of her average looks. When Joel "fake" smiles, it's scary. I thought both Joel and Billy deliberately cried for affect in their pointless (it had no baring on the outcome) speeches they were asked to make. Which brings up yet another negative of the shows. At every Hall of Beauty elimination the bottom 2 are asked a question that supposedly will help determine the judges' decision only to find out that the decision was made before they even arrived there.

Please do not renew this show, ABC, unless you are willing to make it a fair competition with better looking people, who aren't so pathetically superficial.

I was ok with Julia winning because I didn't care which one of the three won. They were all just ok to me. People keep mentioning how 'nice' Julia was, but I keep remembering all the catty comments she along with Laura and the other short dark haired girl made about Chelsea. She seemed like a true high school snob to me. Fake niceness when she needed to be (hey, how could she get to be that high in the teen beauty pagent arena without learning that lesson well?!), but down deep still that mean girl.

I watched this show but I have to say it has been one of my least favorite, mainly because none of the judging seemed fair to me. I think they knew from the first who they wanted to win and edited it along those lines.

I think the initial concept of the show was a good one. The execution, however, was brutal. And why did Joel come in runner up? Billy was much nicer than he was.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread