+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: True Beauty

Re: True Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3301343;
    The hosing this week was an unfair challenge. There is a big difference between getting your legs sprayed in a suit - which he probably barely felt - and getting your bare legs sprayed in a dress. Also the man may have said "Sorry", but it isn't a LIKELY accident and my first thought would have been that it could only have been intentional.

Also Chelsea clearly just didn't understand how to work the camera and it was unfair of them to interpret that as disinterest in helping her partner. The non-pageant girl only pretended to be supportive of her partner. She clearly thought the shoot was terrible. The judges place their own interpretations on the actions and tone of these people and in many cases just seem way off the mark.

I must say that these three seem unlikely judges regarding "inner beauty". The man in particular is supremely shallow/superficial. They seem to have their faves and are manipulating things on their behalf.

CJ (minus the charity disgrace) and Chelsea clearly have the most "inner beauty" they are likely to find in this pack of narcissists. That is most likely due to their shared hardships growing up, but nobody is perfect and Chelsea should have pointed out that every mildly catty comment she made was the truth - even if it wasn't very nice.
    Everything that you said here is so right on. I think the premise of this show is great and I think the casting was really perfect for this type of show but it was very poorly executed and the judges were total crap. I think that Ray might be OK on the inner beauty part. I don't remember him acting ugly but I don't remember how he reacted to the costume chick. To me that spoke volumes on people's character. I think that was probably the best test that they have done as far as inner beauty is concerned.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

OK a guy with a hose sprays a woman it can be taken several ways. I am not so sure if I was in that situation I would be so nice either. He could be a pervert for all she knew. I think giving them a test on the way in is ridiculous, and how could CJ not figure out it was a test when everytime he walked in, something happened. This show had me at first, but I switched to CSI Miami last night after about five minutes.

CNs Vampire times friend! beemicemm's Avatar

Until this last episode I actually didn't like Chelsea at all, but I totally agree that the judges were completely unfair with her. I agree that her reaction to the guy with the hose was pretty understandable. I mean like others said, if someone did that to me I would also assume it was on purpose. She was probably pissed mainly because she wanted to look her best.

The judges came off to me as very two-faced as well. In their deliberation they all basically agreed that Chelsea is just not attractive enough to compete with the remaining contestants. However when it came time to tell her their reasons, they pull these ridiculous clips of her being a little rude. These same people she was talking about had attacked her to her face as well as behind her back many times. How about Joel saying on the first episode that he just didn't like her for no reason?

I also agree that Ray really came out as the one with the most heart, and he is certainly the best looking one!
    "It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world..."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really hope that there is not a second run of this show. Once is much more than enough.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ok so last night was the first time I have gotten to watch any of this show.. so with no background on the contestants at all, the only things I took away from it were that the blond girl was seriously fug. How did she even make it onto a show who's premise (real or not) was focused on beauty. And the artist guy who picked his box of pencills as his "one item" is probably the only one I can even remotely relate to. I mean seriously if you had to pick 1 item you could not live without who picks a hair dryer?? There is another way to get your hair dry you know. It's called air. And a flat iron? Gah these people come across as SO vapid.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The whole 'pick something you can't live without' premise was odd--- did they even ask them why they picked what they picked? Or did they show them using it on this episode? Wierd. But if I had to pick one thing and I only had the things these people brought with them for a reality show I would be trying to decide between makeup or deodorant myself! It does make you look shallow, but geezz... think about what they had with them that would fit in a suitcase.

Ray's little hissy fit when Billy pointed out that Ray's case contained more than one item (pencils) just like Billy's 'murse' (Where do they find these people?! Murse!) Anyway, I could understand why Billy felt he had to point that out. And not sure why the judges didn't consider Ray's crybaby attitude not attractive? And how about all his eye rolling at Chelsea when she was trying to pick something she couldn't live without, or couldn't figure out an unfamiliar camera? Just another example of the way this show is skewered... I expect a reality show to be skewered after having watched so many... but this one is really one of the worst. And yet I must watch.

I think the pencil case and the murse were two different situations.
    The pencil case did have more than one item, but they were all the same item from what I could see, pencils.
    I felt Billy was trying to swerve the rules by choosing the murse as it clearly contained a whole host of different objects for his grooming routine.
    If he wanted to take the murse, fine, but it should have been empty.
    Ray could easily have just taken one pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix
    expect a reality show to be skewered after having watched so many... but this one is really one of the worst. And yet I must watch.

I know exactly how you feel.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3298973;
    Nole strikes me a s guy who could throw a mean tantrum.
    Judging from his days as a judge on the ANTM panel, Fluff, I bet he could...

Just watched last night's episode (I can't stay up until 11 anymore) and I am sooooo glad that Chelsea is gone - she is an appalling, condescending, humourless bitch. I would have been equally happy with...what's his name? Let's call him Rockhead. I would have been equally happy with Rockhead going, so it was win-win for me.

I will now continue to cross my fingers for my personal favourite starting from episode one, Ray. I took to him immediately when he asked the waiter if he was alright when he tripped. I also love artists and I am a personal fan of being nude, so I can completely identify with him there.

And I completely understood the difference between a purse full of different items and a pencil box with some pencils - Billy is a spiteful d-bag.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Billy has a powerbar in his sock... probably does right now.

*shudders*

+ Reply to Thread