+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty

Re: True Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3293613;
    I was pretty disgusted that CJ was the one chosen to leave. I don't think he could have faked who he was throughout the show simply because he some how found out the premise of the show. Anyone with any intellect should be able to figure out that it was about more than physical beauty. It could be a real train wreck from here on. I guess I'd like Chelsea to win or barring her Laura.
    If he did fake it then he has a career in acting, imo, because I felt he came across as very sincere.
    I'm not going to argue that he didn't find out the premise beforehand, maybe finding that out alone made him rethink some of his behaviour.

He wasn't perfect all the time of course and the charity issue was a major low-point. They seemed to be really reaching for less favourable moments for his final montage though.
    Yes, he was a bit stroppy on occasion, but I don't think that speaks to a general lack of inner beauty.
    I doubt any of the judges is sweetness and light all the time.
    Nole strikes me a s guy who could throw a mean tantrum.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think it is gonna be a chelsea, joel and laura finale... maybe with billy in there. I feel like there is going to be a growth arc fre overall winner (which may be those first 3).

Premium Member

Aww Chelsea is in the bottom 2, if she leaves I am so done. I want Joel to go.

Premium Member

Well stick a fork in it, Chelsea's out I'm done.

Why do they give those two dark haired girls (sorry, I'm not good with names) a free pass every show?! They are always snarking behind Chelsea's back at her, which seems soooo high school, and doesn't show true inner beauty.

Plus, I don't think Joel showed such anger at the lifeguard. Gee, the way the guy was acting I think most people would have been alittle p.o.ed at him. No big deal. It was totally blown out of proportion--- you could tell they were looking for someone to put up against Chelsea in order to get her out. Lame. (but I still HAVE to watch the show! )

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3294380;
    I was frustrated that CJ left last episode. The judges rulings are very subjective and open to manipulate who leaves/stays. IMO CJ would easily have won if he was allowed to stay. He had the show concept down! They are looking for a more dramatic ending or winner.
    The hosing this week was an unfair challenge. There is a big difference between getting your legs sprayed in a suit - which he probably barely felt - and getting your bare legs sprayed in a dress. Also the man may have said "Sorry", but it isn't a LIKELY accident and my first thought would have been that it could only have been intentional.

Also Chelsea clearly just didn't understand how to work the camera and it was unfair of them to interpret that as disinterest in helping her partner. The non-pageant girl only pretended to be supportive of her partner. She clearly thought the shoot was terrible. The judges place their own interpretations on the actions and tone of these people and in many cases just seem way off the mark.

I must say that these three seem unlikely judges regarding "inner beauty". The man in particular is supremely shallow/superficial. They seem to have their faves and are manipulating things on their behalf.

CJ (minus the charity disgrace) and Chelsea clearly have the most "inner beauty" they are likely to find in this pack of narcissists. That is most likely due to their shared hardships growing up, but nobody is perfect and Chelsea should have pointed out that every mildly catty comment she made was the truth - even if it wasn't very nice.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3298900;
    Only that the previous editing SUGGESTED he was. Remember, while they can't put stuff in with editing they CAN reorder, or take stuff out. He could have been a real bastard in moments we didn't get to see.
    I think people saying that Billy is like "Mr. Rogers" and one of the brown hair girls saying Billy is really polite suggests that Billy is a nice guy. Even if he is a little too into his looks, so to speak.

Faking a charity, is far worse than being uptight in competitions and not "bonding with someone" which is the difference between Billy and CJ.

As for tonight I wonder if it was just that Chelsea is such a joke that's why she couldn't win. Perhaps they would have kept her and gotten rid of Joel, but the fact that he handled the whole water thing so well changed their mind.

I stupidly entered this thread without watching the episode yet, so I just spoiled myself. My heart dropped when I read that Chelsea was axed. Seriously? This show sucks now.

And knowing that it was freakin' Joel who outlasted her in the B2 makes me even more sad. I would have been elated if Chelsea managed to outlast that tool Joel (I read a clever line on another site that said that he got lost on his way to the "Tool Academy" ), but alas, it turned out the opposite way.

Laura FTW, I guess.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 02-03-2009 at 03:54 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3301343;
    Also Chelsea clearly just didn't understand how to work the camera and it was unfair of them to interpret that as disinterest in helping her partner. The non-pageant girl only pretended to be supportive of her partner. She clearly thought the shoot was terrible. The judges place their own interpretations on the actions and tone of these people and in many cases just seem way off the mark.
    EXACTLY! Just because she didn't know how to work it didn't mean she didn't support him. She clearly did, imo. Also I found it interesting the way they paired them. Obviously Laura and whatsherface get along. Obviously Joel and Billy get along. Hello....lets shake this up a bit!!! Had Laura been paired with Chelsea she may not have acted so nicely. Its like its all set up....This show is a joke and so are the judges. What credentials do they have to judge inner beauty let alone outer beauty? Chelsea and CJ were my only reasons for watching this show.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3301500;
    I stupidly entered this thread without watching the episode yet, so I just spoiled myself. My heart dropped when I read that Chelsea was axed. Seriously? This show sucks now.

And knowing that it was freakin' Joel who outlasted her in the B2 makes me even more sad. I would have been elated if Chelsea managed to outlast that tool Joel (I read a clever line on another site that said that he got lost on his way to the "Tool Academy" ), but alas, it turned out the opposite way.

Laura FTW, I guess.
    Yup. Chelsea even said herself that if they had pulled up footage of Joel there would have been tons. The stuff they showed her was seriously stupid. And she didn't even react that badly to the "final straw" challenge. I would have been REALLY annoyed.

Ray impressed me this episode.....so if I HAVE to root for someone, right now....it's him.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread